THIRTEEN: ART OF SEDUCTION

Under the Cherry Blossom

 

 

 

This time round, it was Kris that grabbed her wrist. He lowered his head and his fringe almost covered his spectacles. (Author's POV: seriously he needs a haircut.)

"I wasn't joking that day…" There was a tinge of fluster in his soft voice.

"Eh…" Jessica Jung opened her eyes widely, taken aback by his sudden words and could only continue being frozen.

"You're different from the girls I've met. Most of them would approach me with a motive, it makes me feel so disgusted." Kris stood up and leveled his gaze with hers without letting her hand off. "I guess I'm really starting to like you huh…" He mumbled softly but still in a hearable volume.

Jessica was slightly panicking, she didn't expect him to suddenly confess to her,"I don't intend to be in a relationship when I'm still a student." It was her plan all along, she would only wait until her mother could live a stable life. 

Wrong! She should have said the exact same rejection sentence she had been using for the past 6 years but why was it that when she saw those chestnut-coloured eyes full of desires, she couldn't say anything? 

"Gosh…Get a hold of yourself!" Jessica silently said to herself.

"I'm not actually that bad right?" He placed his long arms over her shoulders, bend his body to level his eyes with hers and used his y voice to tempt her.

"Anniyo…" Under his actions, Jessica's genius brain started to untangle and her temperature coupled with embarassment that literally made her felt like hiding under a hole. She had never been that physically close to a guy before so she naturally didn't know how to react, she just felt like her breathing was about to stop.

"Be my girlfriend." 

That gentle voice with a tinge of seduction melted in her ears. The girl whose brain was in chaos suddenly felt like someone else took control of her body and her head nodded, she still replied in fear of Kris not seeing clearly,"Okay."

"Wait what…?" The thought immediately came out. Oh my god she actually agreed? She abruptly became clear-headed again and realised what she did. When she looked into Kris's bewitching eyes, there was a feeling of falling into a trap…

Jessica had never thought of how it feels like to be dating someone, heck, she didn't even plan to date - The girl who had never shown her true feelings to others had been rejecting the arrival of feelings.  

Kris's appearance was definitely an accident and that accident brought even more accidents to her. One sentence from him had cheated her of her Boyfriend Title - she was vexed that her determination wasn't strong enough. All she could do now was to make the best out of her mistakes.

She had to admit, she knew that she was a bit attracted to him because he was the only one able to make her curious about someone else but she never thought of progressing it further! The thought of her being attracted by his looks made her regret to the extent of wanting to bang the wall. Her renowned reputation was destroyed by Kris's hand. 

"The Art of Seduction… I can't believe I actually fell for the Art of Seduction! Am I really that respectable and smart Council President everybody looks up to? Aigoo I feel like crying…" She thought to herself.

 

However, nobody could deny that the dating process was interesting. It was like digging for treasure, slowly discovering things you've never known about him. The more you know about him, the more you want to know about him. Occasionally, she found it weird as to why she had wasted two years to realise who he really was.

Kris had a conflicting personality: He was mischievous but he didn't like to socialise; he treats people coldly but treats her like a kid. It was like the current situation - it was lunch break. He didn't care about his weight and leaned against her petite figure without any guilt.

"Did you leave your bones at home?" Jessica nagged and pushed him away. Even if he had the title of being her boyfriend, it didn't mean that he could use his authority freely. He leaned against her again.

"I'm dying because of the heat, move away!"  It was such a hot weather and he still wanted to glue on to her, she couldn't stand his gluing ability.

"It's not like you will lose a piece of your flesh if I leaned on you," Kris grumbled and sat up straight. That smooth short hair of his stayed in place - he finally gave in to Jessica after she told him to trim his fringe. She couldn't stand it when it covered his eyes. Too bad his charming vibes was utterly destroyed by that black framed spectacles.

Jessica looked at him and wanted to laugh, she didn't knew she would really burst out laughing.

"What's with you?" He raised his eyebrows.  Seeing her laugh so weirdly, he knew she was having some messed up thought. 

"Nothing." She turned her head to the other direction and continued laughing.

Kris wanted to speak but it was interrupted by another conversation from a near distance.

"Look, it's really President Jung."

"Then that must be Kris Wu right? Nothing special about him."

"That's why it's weird."

"The toad ate the swan."

Blahblahblah. The discussion slowly drifted further away from them. Kris evilly smiled after hearing their conversation, he didn't mind being criticized at all, in fact, he was satisfied.

Jessica shook her head seriously. "Please understand that I'm a flower and you're a cow dung."

"It's alright. Don't cow dung fertilise the flower?"He laughed loudly before remaining silent for a while, "Do you want me to remove my spectacles?"

Jessica raised her eyebrows at him, "I won't control your actions, just be yourself. But that fringe was really irritating in the past." Although he never mentioned why he wanted to look less appealing, but even if they were in a relationship, there were bound to be secrets. She didn't intend to hunt him for an answer as long as she was involved in his future. As for the past, let it be gone with the wind.

"Be myself!" Kris looked at the Cherry Blossoms and blanked out.

"I need do go back to the Council room, celebration's tomorrow,  I have to settle some stuffs." Jessica stood up and didn't want to see his blank expression. Although she had already decided not to dwell on his past, she still had insecurities occasionally - President Jung was also an average girl. 

"I'll wait for you after school." Kris kinda regretted that he finished his holiday homework and had no reason to visit the Council room.

"Arasseo." Jessica smiled and ruffled his hair, like how one would ruffle a dog's fur.

Looks like he was definitely clinging onto her but that feeling wasn't that bad.

Kris looked at her leave, and smiled slightly. He once thought that he would spend his life with hate received from others but he never expected that they would progress so far from their first meeting. From being curious about her, to wanting to understand her before realising that the didn't want to share that smile of hers and finally, understand that the urgency to know more about her had turned to liking her.

 Jessica Jung - This name in his brain had already started to melt his icy heart because he could feel warmth from her.  That desire to display everything she likes to her in hopes of just her looking back.

Her silence, her calmness, her smile. Her cold yet cheerful voice… Everything about her captured his heart. It was her who pulled him up, it was her who let him know that he could still be happy. 

He would never want the same mistake to be made again. He swore to keep her by his side at all times.