EIGHTEEN: AFTERMATH

Under the Cherry Blossom

 

 

"I'm sorry." 

Standing under the Cherry Blossoms, Kris couldn't tolerate the feeling of being ignored anymore and apologized first.  Jessica hadn't looked at him ever since their performance ended. He regretted not resisting the urge to make fun of her during the performance; he rather be whacked by her than to be treated as non existent by her.

Jessica found a spot under a Cherry blossom tree and gestured for him to sit down.

"Come sit! It's must have been hard on you just now."  She suddenly have a very warm smile.

"Well, that certainly was a…a dramatic change… You're not angry anymore?" Kris was confused by her sudden change in attitude.

"Angry about what?" Jessica smiled and looked at him, it wasn't a fake expression.

"You mean… You were scaring me?"
He raised his eyebrows and accused her?

Jessica maintained her smile, "I did?" 

"You did!" Kris determinedly glared at her. It was definitely her revenge against what he did to her during the performance. 

"Who knows?" Jessica grinned and removed the petals on her shoulders, "But do you think we'll still be here chatting casually if I didn't do that?" Of course she couldn't deny that part of it was to punish him.  After all, she was still the Council President, if everyone joked around her in the future, where would her authority go?

Kris chuckled, bent down in front of her, used both hands to cup her face and looked right into the corner of her eyes, "Did anyone said that you were awesome?" 

"I've heard that a lot."  She flashed a confident smile.

"Then did anyone said that you were cute?" Kris slowly lowered his head. That confident Jessica was simply too cute, it made him want to touch her lips to test if it was as sweet as it looks.

"Nope…" Maybe there were many people that liked her but they didn't dare to say that in front of her; well besides the people that confessed.

Jessica couldn't complain about it because her lips was sealed by his. The contact between their two lips would make anyone squeal. Somehow, the Cherry Blossom a forest became a place just for them. Even though it was just a simple kiss, she was so flustered that her heart was about to jump out. 

However, wasn't time for the kid to progress because a fist forcefully split both of them away, followed by a, "Yah what are you doing!"

Humiliated. Totally humiliated. Jessica forcefully swallowed the embarrassment and looked at the person. Jessica recognised the guy in front of her - It was a raging Kai.

"Kai, what are you doing?" There was a tinge of unhappiness in her voice. Even if he was her closest friend, he didn't have the right to do this to her.

Kris stood up and he had a dangerous vibe but he didn't say a word because he felt that his clever girlfriend would be able to settle the problem herself.

"Sica yah,  I thought you were smart enough to see that he's lying to you." Kai's tone was full of exploding anger, "He's fooling everyone including you!" 

He normally acted like a dull kid and was just waiting for a chance to be noticed. No wonder he had such an arrogant look while performing - He was merely fooling everyone! That could only be done by a despicable person.

He was already annoyed by Kris's sudden appearance into his life, but he was even more disgusted when he thought of the actions he did to her attention on him. He definitely had a motive for chasing Jessica! He simply couldn't bear to see his loved one falling into Kris's trap.

"I don't think he has lied to me in anyway." Jessica softly sighed. She knew that it would take quite a long time to persuade him. Although Kai was like a sunshine, but he would become a stone when he was stubborn - It was hard to change his mind once he decided on something.

Kai pointed to Kris who was casually standing beside them, "Did he use all these to cheat you? Have you forgotten how he actually looks like? I thought you weren't the type who was attracted by looks." He couldn't deny that Kris's looks were attractive to many girls but he couldn't accept the fact that he made use of his strength to manipulate people.

"It's exactly because I don't care about looks. I don't care how he looks like in the past or in the future. I don't know why he did that and I don't want to know either. I only know that I am willing to believe him, willing to believe that Kris isn't someone who I don't deserve to like. It's that simple." Jessica hardly spoke so many words, she was slightly out of breath and didn't notice that Kris's eyes was filled with emotions. However…. Why did she say it guiltily? It seemed like it was true that she was attracted by his looks initially…

Kai's eyes drooped. He understood that he became a bad guy from her words. 

"Are you happy with him?" Kai asked.

Jessica looked at Kris eavesdropping and purposely whispered to Kai, "Yes." Although Kris liked to fool her or was like a kid, she felt happiness that she had never experienced before, it was her who added colours to her systematic life.

Kai's eyes became gentler, "I understand." She turned to Kris and said, "I won't let you off if you hurt Jessica." He wouldn't hesitate to be a bad guy and snatch Jessica away if Kris broke his promise.

"Don't worry, there won't be that day." Kris said it without hesitation. 
"That proud guy, who does he think he is to order me?" Kris secretly thought to himself.

Kai didn't say anything and left after waving to Jessica.

"Let's go." Kris's grabbed her hand.

 "Go? Go where?" Jessica didn't understand.

"It's boring in school, let's go out." Jessica didn't know whether to cry or to laugh about his stubbornness, "Jebal, I'm the main organiser."  How could she abandon her members and sneak off; what if something cropped up?

"You work off your every single day because you care too much everytime. There isn't much left to be done. If they can't settle it by themselves you might as well kick them out of Council." Kris dragged her out. He never liked people who knew how to talk without actions - if they had been hardworking and not lazy, how could their President be so tired? It was as if they couldn't do anything without her.

"But…" Kris wasn't wrong, but she had to be responsible as the president.

"No buts, let's go on a date." Kris's tone hinted her that there was no room for negotiation.


"Date? Now?!" What was he thinking again?

 

---

 

Make sure to check out my latest announcement (Found at the chapter next to foreward) to know how you can be part of this story!!