THIRTY ONE: ILY

Under the Cherry Blossom


"President, you're really really really good! Nobody in the school could force Kai to step up his game. I bet you're better than the entire squash team!" Nana excitedly cheered for her idol.

Jessica returned her compliment with a smile. As for Kris, he really wanted to use his fist on that fly that was always surrounding his girlfriend, but he gave up on that temptation since he knew that Jessica would be angry.

"No big deal." He arrogantly said. Kai wasn't THAT good, he just hasn't meet his true worthy opponent yet. 

"Everyone has their own talent. Instead of comparing, why not display your own talent?" Jessica glanced at him and told him while placing her arms over his shoulders.

Kris's face were flushed when Jessica knew his intentions, but he pretended to not care and coldly let out a chuckled.

Nana could partially understand their conversation. She really admire Jessica - her working skills and results were the best, even her squash skills were good. To add on, there were two fine ( A/N: very fine. Very very very fine.) looking boys that were always by her side, and it produced a love triangle that caught everybody's attention in Songin High. 

"I bet that if you all of my brain juices out and compare it with President, the amount won't even by 1/10 of it." Nana thought.

Ever since the new school term, all the hottest news or gossips were practically all related to President Jung. Everyone was interested in the news of her new relationship and was afraid that they would miss out any interesting stories of them. Also, Kris wasn't the person with zero existence anymore. He was the toad that won the boyfriend role, then he became the toad that evolved into a swan during the school celebration and achieved first place. A then there were rumors of his glorious past in Yeonsoo high. All the different variations of their stories spreaded among the entire student body. . 

Before the toad became a swan, everyone's eye candy was probably that Prince Charming who was always smiling, approachable and gentle to everyone. More importantly, he was loyal and treated her idol genuinely. There weren't any scandals of him until now, where can people still find a pure guy like that? Even if Kris was decent, it was a fact that he had a precious lover. Even if they broke up, he would still have memories of her right? It isn't that easy to completely move on! "President Jung! Why didn't you choose Kai?" Nana's word slipped out of . When she realised she had said that, she was so shocked that she covered immediately.

Jessica raised her eyebrows, and interestingly looked at Nana as well as Kris who was on the verge of whacking someone. She would reply with only a smile normally, but today…

"Do you think Kai is good?" She asked Nana causally and at the same time, pulled Kris's clenched fist to her back as well as to send him a warning not to hit girls. 

Nana could only muster the courage to nod her head only when she sensed that her idol wasn't angry and that road was being controlled by her.

"Of course! He's bright, cheerful, funny, approachable, popular but not arrogant, good in squash, and every popular outside of school, and… no more." When she saw Kris's murderous expression, it was obvious that she should swallow her remaining words. Of course, she would be happy to add much much more to the list.

Jessica replied with a question, "He's very good, do you like him? Do you want to be with him?"

Nana was stunned, she pondered for a while before shaking her head, "I like him, but it isn't that kind of like…" Nana instantly understood her idol's wordsZ

Jessica smiled and pinched her cheeks without saying anything. She then left that obsessed Nana and headed towards Council room. After spending time with him for so long, of course she knew that Kai was a great guy, but he definitely wasn't her second half. She knew that since the beginning.

"Why didn't  you pick Kai?" Kris imitated Nana's voice as he was walking behind her.

Jessica almost giggled; this guy was still jealous.

"What?" Kris coldly chuckled and turned away when he saw Jessica looking at him and laughing without saying anything. He felt like he was a gentleman. Anyone would be angry if he hears that there was someone else more suitable to be with their girlfriend. 

"You don't sound like Nana." Jessica said.

"That's not the point!" Kris almost raised his voices. How could she joke? Couldn't she sense that he was pissed?

Jessica felt like she had to clarify things with him, or he would cling onto her and distract her from council work.

She stopped walking and starred right into his eyes, "What do you want my answer to be?" Her eyes sparkled.

"Of course is to let Kai disappear! The thought of that person always being uh your side annoys me!" Kris naturally let out his anger.

Jessica noticed the students around them staring at them and could only pull him to a corner.

"If I liked Kai, I would have been with him ages ago. Why wait till now?" Why couldn't Kris understand?

"Then do you like me?" Kris asked her. He knew that Jessica had no feelings for Kris, but knowing is one matter, being uncomfortable is another matter. More importantly, she had never once told Kris about her feelings, which was why he had no confidence in himself.

Jessica was a bit surprised and looked at his anticipating expression. She then realised that he was insecure because she wasn't the type to express her feelings to others. She cupped his face and smiled, "Of course I do." If she disliked him, he couldn't even appear in front of her.

Kris's eyes brightened and his face became red. He was anticipating for that answer, but she said it so straightforwardly that it made him shy.  However, he couldn't deny that he was enthusiastic like a jumping frog, what's left was just to scream in glee.

"Aren't you a girl? Why are you so straightforward?" He coughed a few times and pulled her hand down before she could sense that warm face of his.

Jessica laughed. Omo, he was being shy.

"Aren't you a boy? Why is so skin so thin?" She smiled and poked his face.

Kris knew that he utterly embarrassed himself. But he since he got the answer he wanted, it didn't matter.

"I…" Before he could return his love, he realised that his dearest girlfriend was already leaving.

"I'm going back to council room, you'll be in class right?I'll find you when I'm done." Jessica waved without turning back.


"…" Kris could only laugh bitterly when he was abandoned. He could only surrender to fate because he had chosen to like a girl who was a workaholic.