SHE WON?

Under the Cherry Blossom
"Anything wrong?" She asked.
 
"This is for you," Kai opened up his palms and a stone was in it. The interesting part was on its grey surface, there were pink lines that made up a cherry blossom petal. (A/N: for visualisation purposes, here's a picture! http://lh5.ggpht.com/-jNS_P-M0SAg/VAFcxiAN1zI/AAAAAAAA5jg/3WJFAZH3yPo/cherry-blossom-stones-3%25255B6%25255D.jpg?imgmax=800) 
 
 “Ya!" Jessica excitedly held it in her hand. It looks so real.
 
Kai became happier after cheering her up, "I know you like Cherry Blossoms, and it so happens that I hung out with a friend that takes interests in stones and when I saw that at his house, he gave it to me." Although using the verb "bribing" was more suitable, it was better to not let her know the whole process of getting the stone.
 
"Gee thanks a lot, I really like it!" Jessica couldn't bear to return it to Kai and continued staring at it. Suddenly, her hand was empty and the stone had already bid farewell to her. 
 
"Why are you happy over a stupid rock?" Kris jealously threw back the stone to his rival.
 
"This isn't up for you to decide either right?" Kai wasn't weak either. He placed the stone in Jessica's palm again. 
 
"I have something on, let's have a match again next time," he smiled and told her.
 
When Kai was far from them, Jessica elbowed the stingy man beside him. 
 
"Can you be more gentleman instead? What an ugly sight."
 
Kris tapped on his stomach, "Don't you think my figure is good? Or you like someone with a beer belly?"
 
Jessica burst out laughing, visualising Kris with a beer belly.
 
"Aigoo, I really don't know what else to say to you." Whenever she nagged at him, he would somehow change her meaning to something else ridiculous. 
 
"It's okay, you don't have to say anything." Kris silently laughed at that thought. If that was the case, he didn't have to hear his rival's name again.
 
Jessica shook her head, "No, I really have something to tell you," Jessica dragged him out of the class. She had to use the opportunity to tell him about Gayeon.
 
"What's the matter?"
 
"You'll know soon."
 
Jessica brought him to the Cherry Blossom forest. Although the season has ended, it was still a peaceful and suitable place to talk.
 
"Can't you just say it in the class?" Kris was wondering if she had brought him to the forest to make out, but he shoved the thought away upon seeing her serious face. 
 
Jessica sat on the big rock and said, "Before we have this conversation, I want to verify something and I hope you can tell me the truth."
 
From her tone, Kris could feel that it was an important matter. He creased his eyebrows, "What exactly is happening?"
 
"Hey, do you like me?" Jessica looked right into his eyes, attempting to analyse any expression or hesitation he had under those eyes.
 
 
All she wanted was to hear a definite answer from him and feel more secure. However, regardless of his answer, it wouldn't change her mind of telling Kris about Gayeon. 
 
"What's with you today?" Kris scratched head.
 
"Answer me." She asked him again.
 
Kris took a deep breath, "Alright. I like you, I really like you. I love you to death, ok?"
 
Jessica wasn't really satisfied with his tone and creased her nose. It sounds as if he was forced to answer, (although that really was the case.)
 
 
"I don't know what you're thinking, but I don't like it that you're asking me this with a serious expression. This question shouldn't be answered by words," Kris was quite turned off. 
 
"If you want to know the answer, shouldn't you just look into your heart?"
"I'm sorry, I just lack confidence. I shouldn't doubt you, don't be mad," even Jessica shocked by her immaturity. But come to think of it, any girl would be unconfident if met with this situation right?
 
"Alright, can you say what you want to say now?"  Kris sighed. How could he ever be angry with her? He understood that every girl was like that, eager to hear those words from their boyfriend ever single day, and the President was no different. She was still a girl.
 
Jessica nodded, "I want to tell you something about Gayeon, you have to hear me till the 
 
When Kris heard her name, his facial expression became duller, but still silently nodded.
 
Hence, Jessica started with what Lee Sang had told her, before moving on with her theories.
 
Lastly, she said, "I hope that you'll stop blaming Miss Gayeon or yourself. Let the past be the past; it's the present actions that matter now!"
 
Kris was obedient. He didn't interfere her and silently listened to what he had never expected Jessica to say.
 
"That's all?" Kris said monotonously after Jessica finished.
 
Jessica nodded. What's left was for Kris to make his decision. Was it to be with her, or to rush straight to Gayeon?
 
She closed her eyes and waited courageously for his decision.
 
An icy cold hand grabbed her hand.
 
"Let's go, time for class." Kris's words echoed in her ears.
 
So he chose Jessica in the end? Jessica was surprised and looked at him. However, what she saw was a calm face. He wasn't heartbroken after hearing her words. He wasn't angry, he wasn't surprised. He was only calm.
 
Jessica let out a bitter smile. She knew that he was only being calm on the surface. He's probably silently weeping. He definitely didn't make a decision and he probably can't decide on an answer as well.
 
Right now, Jessica could only wait.
 
She could only wait for the outcome of her bet.
 
What would it be though? Will she win his heart completely, or lose painfully?