SEVENTEEN: 70TH SCHOOL ANNIVERSARY EDITION (3)

Under the Cherry Blossom

 

"Put these on." Jessica threw the clothes into the dressing room.

Kris came out after changing and tugged the shirt, "Whose are these? Don't tell me it's Kai's…"

"The duo couldn't make it today but their clothes were here so I borrowed them. Seems to suit you." Jessica appreciated his clothes while spinning him around.

It was a red blazer with sequins accompanied by a galaxy print singlet and white long pants, exactly like how a manga character looked like. He would have overdressed if he'd worn those in reality but it was perfect to be worn in performances.

Jessica on the other hand, changed into a candy-liked dress because it was the closest to her size. Kris looked at her dress and , "You should have just said that you wanted to wear a couple item with me, there was no need to jump into the pool on purpose."

Jessica replied him with a fake vomiting action, "How can there be such a thick-skinned person on this world? Why don't you think of who was the mastermind that made me fell into the pool?" She had never worn a dress like that and was a bit uncomfortable.

"Okay, ka-ja." She helped him with his wet uniform and they headed to the auditorium.

"Hold on." Kris stopped her and took the hairspray on the dressing table.

"Wae?" Jessica looked at his actions suspiciously.

"Magic," He smiled.

He styled his hair within a minute and placed the hairspray back to its original position. 

Jessica looked at him as he placed his spectacles into his shirt-pocket. She froze for a while before giving out a sigh, "Don't go too overboard, I still have a year before I graduate." That familiar glisten in his eyes was exactly a sign that he was about to go overboard. It was too late to think of other alternatives; she could only hope that Kris would not lose too much control… She suddenly had a bad feeling that she was falling into another trap. 

Upon reaching the backstage, Kris maintained a dubious smile and pulled Jessica to the stage, "Alright, let's go."

"'Me? For what? I don't even know how to sing." She got a shock.

Kris grinned brightly at her, "You just have to stand and adjust the amplifier for me." Can't you see an amplifier there?" He patted his guitar.

"I'll get someone to help you with that," Jessica turned and tried to escape. She didn't want to be on the same stage as him because there were already so many speculations about them - there wasn't a need for more.

"Too late." Kris laughed while dragging her to stage.

Poor Jessica Jung couldn't overpower his strength and could only surrender by helping his with the amplifier.

The whole auditorium was instantly filled with silence. When Nana announced Kris's name before they came out, the whole auditorium seemed to have disappeared and they immediately became mute. As soon as they saw President Jung and Kris (Who took off his spectacles and styled his hair), countless discussions took place.

"It's your fault." Jessica cried without tears. She regretted! Why didn't she think of the consequences when he had that evil smile? That evil boring guy was sabotaging her!

On the other hand, Kris was in a superb mood and gave a smile to his her, "Happy right?" 

"…" Happy? She had no energy to scold him.

Kris sat on the chair specially placed for him and placed his guitar on his lap. Although there were still discussion noises, they disappeared when Kris strummed his first chord.

Jessica noticed the gradual change in his expression - he was getting more serious. A smile appeared on her face and she sat down the amplifier and helped him with it. Kris, who was immersed in the music, made it hard for people to look away from him and it's also made Jessica more attracted to him.

 Jessica thought that he would sing the same old sad songs but this time round, the melody was warm and addictive. Accompanied by the same low voice, the song had a powerful charm.

 
Someone call the doctor,
hold me and tell me
Love is a sickness, an addiction, overdose
It’s harder to control as time goes by
I’m falling deeper into her

Too much, it’s you,
your love, this is overdose
Too much, it’s you,
your love, this is overdose

-EXO's Overdose.

The song ended after a long melody. The auditorium was silent for a while before bursting into cheers and applause.

Jessica was on the verge of tears, her eye was already starting to turn moist. It wasn't just because she liked the song, it was also because everyone approved Kris's ability. When she stood up and wanted to exit the stage, she saw Nana crazily gesturing to her, signalling her to delay for a few more minutes.

"Another situation cropped up, just delay for a few more minutes." Jessica could only beg him.

Kris shrugged,"I don't mind but you have to sing with me this time round." That same old dubious smile appeared again.

Jessica instantly felt that something wasn't right.

"What are you trying to do now?" He probably wouldn't go way overboard on this stage right? Furthermore, there were parents and teachers as audience as well; she looked at him abnormally.

Kris winked at her and his fingers speedily strummed the first chord of the next song. It was a happy chord.
I'm dedicating this to someone special," he said before turning to Jessica. Jessica knew the song and she sang the first verse before Kris took over.

[Jessica] The shy words that were able to be spoken after finding courage.
The appalling words that coldly returned.

(Go away) Oh, how could this be
Oh my oh my na na aiyah

It’s so cold, I’m so cold
My teeth are so cold. Naengmyun naengmyun naengmyun.
My heart is so cold. Naengmyun naengmyun naengmyun.

If I see you, it’s too much. Even if I see you again, it’s too much.
You’re so cold. My body’s trembling. Naengmyun naengmyun naengmyun.
Though it’s chewy, it’s too chewy. Naengmyun naengmyun naengmyun.

    - SNSD JESSICA'S NAENGMYUN

"Hahaha!" Laughters erupted from certain parts of the stage. They witnessed the whole scene of Jessica falling into the pool, it was so obvious that Kris was singing this song from Jessica's point of view talking about how cold she was after falling into the pool. Kris instantly became an idol in students' eyes when he became the only student who dared to treat President Jung as a joke.

Under the applause, Kris exited the stage charismatically. 

"The crowd was incredible, I guess we all know who's going to get the prize." He smirked and looked at Jessica. He wanted to continue speaking but her emotionless face muted him.

That emotionless Jessica Jung walked straight past him without listening to his words.

Kris kept his smile, "She isn't angry right? I mean, I did make a joke out of her…" But she wasn't the type to get mad, which happened to be the reason why Kris confidently sang Naengmyun without worries.

"Angry?" He caught up with her steps.

Jessica continued to ignore his existence and walked over to Nana who had just settled her schedule problem.

"What happened just now?" She was referring to the part where Nana wanted her to delay for a fee more minutes.

Nana was ashamed and lowered her head, "They were all squeezing to hear your performance and accidentally damaged a few costumes. We could only delay for a while to settle their costumes." Nana carefully answered. When President Jung has an emotionless face, it was also when she separated work matters from personal matters. One careless comment could bring about a disaster.

 She sneakily looked at Kris who was behind her idol. She still couldn't accept the fact that the toad was with her idol but she knew that Jessica's emotionless face was due to his actions. She  had a sympathetic look and she hoped that he would be alive to see the next day's sunrise.

"Okay, I'll go check the other performances." Nana escaped to avoid being the innocent victim.

Initially, the students were prepared to bomb Jessica with questions but that thought disappeared after sensing the unusual atmosphere.

"Jjinja? You're really angry?" Kris stood in front of her and tried to pick out any clues from her face. Unfortunately, he only saw a poker face.

"You. Come." Jessica finally opened but refused to look at him.

Kris didn't dare to say more and left the auditorium with her. The students were praying for him because nobody could survive after offending  the respectable President Jung. They prayed to see Kris Wu in one-piece the next day.

 

 

-----

 

Do check out my latest announcement (You can find it at the chapter after the foreword) to find out how you can have the chance to be in this story!