SIXTEEN: 70TH SCHOOL ANNIVERSARY EDITION (2)

Under the Cherry Blossom

 

 

When the whole school was surrounded by the noisy atmosphere, the Cherry Blossom Forest was still maintaining it's peaceful environment.

Jessica ran to the forest as soon as she left the auditorium. As expected, the person who was lying against the tree trunk at her common resting spot was none other than Kris Wu Yifan.

"Wake up, it's urgent." She didn't have time to care about how funny he looked like when he was drooling and only focused on waking him up. But seriously, what if he got taken advantaged of by passer-bys? 

"It looks like I have to have a chat with him." Jessica thought although it wasn't the right time to do so.

Kris opened his droopy eyes and said with a lazy voice, "Good morning." He didn't look totally awake. That clear chestnut eyes of his was covered by a layer of fog and made him look more child-like. He was like a freshly baked cake, attracting people to come forward and eat him.

It wasn't Jessica's first time seeing that look of his but she unknowingly swallowed her saliva. She coughed softly and got rid of the thought to touch him. ( Sorry this isn't an M rated story LOL. ) Oh god, to think that she used to judge people for being infatuated over boys and turns out that she was of that calibre. Jessica was wondering if she should be happy or worried.

"Hurry we're running out of time! Ka-ja!" It wasn't time to be lustful; she pulled him up and ran out of the forest, towards the school compound. She didn't forget to ask him where his guitar was while they were running.

"Bo? Guitar? For what?" Kris wasn't even awake in the first place and currently, his brain was in a mess.

"The duo can't make it so we have 7 minutes of empty slot to fill in. Just help me fill in for a while, just one song will do." 

"Sing?!" Kris forced them to stop but the good thing was, his fatigue disappeared and his eyes were widely opened. "You want me to go to the auditorium to sing for those people?"

"Jebal!" Jessica placed both palms together to beg him, "I can only think of you so far, you wouldn't reject me right?" She opened her eyes and gave him a pitiful look. Didn't boys love it? She was already sacrificing her cool image but it didn't seem to work on Kris…

Kris ignored it. He turned around and left, "I reject! Why must I sing for them? There's no money to earn."

"There is! The first place gets 500000 won, the second place can get 200000 won! With your standards, it's easy to win!" Jessica used monetary motivation to attract him.

"Ayyy, too troublesome, I'm not going." Kris continued his steps.

"Why can't I ask you for a favor?" Actually… Jessica could think of other methods to solve the problem but it was also an opportunity for Kris to return to his original self so she wanted to try and see how it goes.

Kris repeated the word, "Troublesome."

"I'll just follow you for the whole day until you agree." Jessica's temper was coming out, it was her first time begging someone like that and he still refused to give in.

"Up to you." Kris answered without looking at her.

Just like that, one was chasing and one was escaping. They started from the Cherry Blossom Forest to the Science labs and then ended up at the field.

"Yah!" Jessica was losing her energy. She took a big step, grabbed his sleeve and prevented him from escaping again, "Why won't you go?!" She looked at his tall, slightly fair and slim body; how did he learn to run like that? 

"I've already said it was troublesome!" Kris yet again repeated the same words; in conclusion, he was determined not to go on stage.

"It will be troublesome for me if you don't go!"  Jessica glared at him. 

"Jjinja, what's wrong with that guy? Since the soft way doesn't work, let's do it the hard way! Hwaiting!" Jessica said to herself. She would drag him all the way there if she had to. She took his sleeve and pulled while he pushed himself to walk the other way. Lastly, they ended up at the pool. 

The battle between them was witnessed by many students. Everyone's eyes were stuck on the school's most popular and also the least match made rumored couple in the school.

However, it wasn't something that the couple was concerned about.

"Find someone else!" He broke off from her and attempted to escape. Jessica got pulled by that strong force of his and happened to step onto a puddle of water. Within seconds, her whole body was in the pool.

Screams and gasps filled all four corners of the poolside.

Kris heard the splashing of water and saw her in the pool. He jumped in without hesitation to save her, only to realise that the water was only at waist level. Jessica just stood there and made a grumpy face.

"Ahahaha!" He couldn't help it but to laugh. Kris had never seen such a worn out Jessica Jung. She was soaked and her water kept dripping out from her hair.

"Kris. Wu. Yi. Fan." Jessica said his name word by word. If he continued to laugh, his mouth would probably be sewn together by her.

Kris sensed that dangerous aura and contained his laughter. He bit his molars so hard to prevent himself from exploding with laughter. Of course, he also had a boyfriend role to play. He took out his hoodie and placed it over her body. It was easy to catch a cold in the fall. Furthermore, the fact that the white uniform was wet had resulted in a drastic increase of its transparency.

 "It's your fault!" Jessica was pulled up by him and used the jacket to keep herself warm. She was humiliated under so many pair of eyes. She really wanted to hide herself in a hole and only come out when that incident was forgotten.

"Mianhe!" Kris apologised to her. To say that he wasn't guilty was fake because he was the one that made her fell into the pool.

"If you want to apologise to me, don't just say sorry, do something!" Jessica showed an expression of President Jung.

Kris helplessly sighed, "Aigoo. I know, I'll go." He could already imagine what would happen after he finish performing but it doesn't matter since it was her wish. Furthermore, 'You Only Live Once' right? He hoped that Jessica would not regret her actions. That was when an evil smile appeared across his lips.

"That's the way!" Jessica was too immersed in her happiness and did not notice that especially bright smile of Kris, "Let's hurry and take your guitar."

"It's in the locker. Am I allowed to wear this on stage?" He pulled his soaked shirt.

"I'll solve that!" Jessica snapped her fingers, she was happy that everything was under control.