FIFTEEN: 70TH ANNIVERSARY EDITION (1)

Under the Cherry Blossom

 

23 June 2014. 8am sharp.

The day the Council had been looking forward to was finally here. After being busy for at least two weeks, the 70th Songin High Anniversary Celebration was finally here.

In order to develop student leaders, the school's events were all lead by various students. This time round, the success of the celebration depends on President Jung's ability.  

The Council was so nervous that they thought they were going for a war.

"Send two people down to station at the reception along with the student helpers. We also need a few ushers to station at the various school gates." Jessica instructed.

"On my way." The different council members then went and execute their different tasks.

Jessica wiped off the sweat on her forehead before sitting back down. There were three areas she had to work on for the celebration - The first one being the achievements exhibition that showcased various items. Then there was the alumni section where there would be different write ups on well-known alumnus of the school. Lastly,  the concert where different students will come together to perform. They had to submit and application form and let the council member review it before they could be accepted. This would display the enthusiastic students of Songin High.

"President Jung, did you see Nana?" A council member approached her and was carrying a stack of flyers.

Jessica thought for a while before replying,"She should be at the auditorium preparing for the concert. You need her to give out flyers right?"

"Yeah but I can't find her."

"I'll deliver it to her." Jessica took the flyers from her.

"Alright, thanks!" She said as she ran off to complete her other tasks.

 She didn't just want to stay in the headquarters and give out instructions. Since there wasn't any problems, Jessica made use of the excuse of delivering flyers to head outside and take a breather.

Indeed, there was the hyper atmospheres, flags, balloons, flowers, banners and many parents and student helpers - what a beautiful scene.

The auditorium was filled with audience. As soon as Jessica entered the auditorium, the music started, signalling the start of the first performance. 

She went backstage. Although it was also filled with many people, but a path was formed for Jessica when they realised that she was there. It really showed how much her schoolmates respected her. 

Before she could find someone to ask about Nana's whereabouts, she saw her squeezing through the crowd to grab her hand. She was full of sweat.

"President Jung! We've a problem!" Nana anxiously said while jumping up and down.

"What's wrong?" Jessica took a chair for her and gestured her to sit down. That girl was always overreacting. Jessica didn't know what made her so anxious.

" The duo from Year 2 Class D can't perform! The musical performance from Year 3 class B also requested for a change in their performance slot because of costume problems." Nana was about to go crazy. If such incidents continued to occur, the whole concert will fail because of the timing issues!

Jessica sensed a bit of trouble coming their way, "Why can't the duo perform? What happened to the costumes? I'll give you one minute to explain things clearly. Don't cry."

Nana nervously grabbed Jessica's hand. Her idol knew her too well because she was on the verge of crying but she swallowed it in because of her idol's words, "Their class leader came and told me that they ended practice late and went to grabbed dinner together yesterday. In the end they had food poisoning and one of their members was sent to the hospital.  As for the costumes, Year 3 class B ordered it online and it was supposed to arrive today, but their delivery company called to inform them that they met with a flat tyre on the way so it can only arrive in the afternoon."

It was definitely a trouble. Jessica closed her eyes and visualise the performance schedule. The duet had to be cancelled with no doubts, the dance was supposed to be from 11am to 12pm and it had to be pushed to the afternoon.

"Nana, I remembered that there was a fashion runaway by two classes from 3 to 4pm. Inform them that they are swooping with the musical. The rest of the performance remains unchanged."

"Then what about that 7 minute duet slot?" Nana looked at her idol with admiration, going that she would perform a miracle.

Jessica looked like she thought of something and flashed a confident smile, " Don't sorry, I'll get someone to fill in for them."

"Ok! I'll inform everyone about the new schedule." Nana dashed off without even asking who her idol had planned to ask because she had 100% confidence in her idol.