SEVEN: RUMORS

Under the Cherry Blossom

  

 

Jessica had finished giving encouragements to the squash team and was sitting outside the squash court, looking at their practice. Although there would be a councillor being sent to cheer a squad before a competition, it wasn't easy to get the respectable President Jung. It was a no wonder that although it was only a practice session, the juniors treated it like a competition just to impress their president.

"You know…  if you sit here everyday, we would easily win nationals." Kai passed her a drink and really respected her.

To the student body, Jessica was a legend. She entered the school with the top results, received scholarships and financial assistance. All these were to grab hold of her. This way, she would be able to enhance the school's reputation.

Of course, Jessica wasn't just a dull student who only studied, her wonderful organizing skills resulted in her being elected in the council, and she managed large scale projects. That was when her reputation for being calm and kind spread throughout the entire student population.

She was loved by both boys and girls and they were wiling to give in to her - This was Jessica's special ability; even the teachers would give in to her. Sure, there were students way prettier than her but her charisma and charm dominated. Her elegance made her keep calm whenever she was met with any trouble which was why people look up to her so much.

She took the drink and enjoyed the rare break she was having, "I would definitely fight for every single team if there was a salary for cheering." She didn't had time to add on to her student services. It was important to have good results but she was also human, not Wonder Woman. She didn't want to collapse under the stress of work at 18 years old.

"I heard a rumor about you recently," Kai said  casually on purpose.

"Ne?" Jessica opened the can and elegantly took a sip.

Kai gently coughed, not quite sure if he was supposed to say it, but still said it in the end. "Rumors are saying that you are dating this dull boy in your class."

"Ah, what do you think?" Jessica laughed lightly but didn't answer. Of course she knew who they were talking about, she even heard a few interesting theories. She didn't expect to be a conversation topic in this aspect.

Kai stared at her deeply, attempting to catch a glimpse of flustering in her calm face. 

"I guess not? Or else you would have been able to know that you had feelings for the guy since year 1." According to Kai's knowledge, Jessica didn't have any attraction towards any guy in class,

"Who knows?" Jessica let out a dubious laugh. She never gave conclusions to anything that wasn't in context. She couldn't deny that she was attracted by Kris, or just curious about the other side of him but to say that she was having any deep feelings for him would be illogical.

Kai laid on the floor and gaze at the blue clear sky, "We have known each other for four years right?"

"Yeah." Jessica responded, and copied his posture to look at the sky as well. 

"Want to try to be my girlfriend?" Kai's voice was soft, as if it came from the sky.

""Kamsahamnida, but getting into a university or a top school is my priority now, I can't be distracted so I can't reciprocate your feelings, sorry." Jessica answered without giving it a single thought.

"Yah" Kai laughed until his stomach was pain. "I would have known that you would give the same sentence. Jebal, think of some new rejection sentence." He was a close friend of hers, at least give him some special care!

Jessica played with her drink can, " I don't want to waste my brain cells on minor issues." She still had to fulfill her wish, she didn't have the mood to waste time and effort in such issues.

"Hyung, it's your turn." s beckoned for him.

Kai signalled and okay sign to him. "I need to go and play a match." He thee the drink can, stood up and slowly walked to the squash court. 

"I should go back too." Jessica stood to as well. There will still many things to settle in the Council, she should be satisfied that there was a short break.

Kai suddenly stopped his steps. He didn't turn back but used his soft tone and said, "If you feel like having a boyfriend one day, don't forget to save the first spot for me."