TWENTY EIGHT: THE PAST IS KNOWN.

Under the Cherry Blossom

Jessica could sense that something wasn't right, "What's wrong!" She asked.

Kris didn't answer and was only focusing on the opposite side of the road.

Jessica raised her eyebrows because when Luhan followed Kris's gaze, his smile disappeared.

Naturally, she followed their gaze and saw a pretty girl wearing a white dress. She had black straight hair and a slim figure. She was walking beside a middle aged man and disappeared once they turned into a corner.

"Wait for me here, I'll be right back." Kris said and left without turning back.

Jessica's eyes drooped but her face showed no emotions. If she couldn't figure out that the girl was someone important to him, she wouldn’t deserve to be the President of Council. Was it her? The one that caused the sadness and pain? Although they were of a distance and Jessica couldn't see her looks clearly, she could feel the charisma she had.

That instant pain made her bite a molars. She had never once doubt Kris's sincerity forwards her, but she finally realised that the feelings he had in the past was much more than the feelings in the present. It was obvious because he ran out without evening turning back to look at her.

"Ah haha, Sica ah, Yifan met someone he knows. We'll just wait for a while." Luhan was scolding Kris in his heart but still grinned and helped him explain.

"Sounds good." Jessica still had a calm expression, but that sadness could be seen momentarily in her eyes.

"Sica…" Luhan could sense her abnormality. He couldn't smile and continue explaining because it was simply too fake.

Jessica pointed to the nearby café, "Aren't we having a chat? Ka ja."

It was the first time Luhan couldn't understand someone. She bitterly smiled and followed her to the nearby café.

"That…Erm, Ah Sica, this environment is good don't you think so?" Luhan tried to uplift the atmosphere, but he clearly knew that any girl would be uncomfortable if her boyfriend runs after another girl on a date.

"What happened in the past? Who's that girl?" Jessica took a sip of her latte and used a calm and casual tone.

"Our ex school mate. Sica are you jealous?" Jessica laughed, but it was a bitter laugh, "Don't cover up for him, just tell me." She didn't have the patience to wait for Kris to tell her personally anymore.  She wanted to know what happened in the past, she didn't want to see him run away from her anymore.

"Sica…" Luhan kept his smile and could sense how badly Jessica wanted to know about his past. In addition, she was slightly shivering while holding onto her cup, it showed how much pain she was in. He creased his eyebrows and warmly said, "Got it."

"Me and Yifan became friends since elementary school. Then he got to know my brother and Suho. So we naturally became close. When we entered Yeonsoo Academy, he got together with Lee Gayeon who was a year older than him. She was the girl that you saw just now. Yifan liked her so much that he was willing to fork out money to pay for her brother's medical bills. But one day, Yifan saw Gayeon and another male walking very closely together, when he asked her about it, she admitted that she only got together with Kris for his money. I'm not sure what exactly happened, I only know that Yifan got 3 months of sick leave because of that. When a new school term started, he didn't continue in Yeonsoo, he also decided to never get money from his household. His expenses today are all earned by himself."

Jessica remained silent and just stared at her coffee. She finally knew the reason why Kris had to sing in subway stations to earn his living fee. It was because of her…

"Sica. Believe in Yifan. I can see that he really likes you. I knew how important you are to him ever since the day he brought you to the mansion," Luhan desperately tried to explain when he saw Jessica being silent. "For the past three years, none of us has seen him genuinely smiling. But when you're around, he was happy. Please help him to move on from the trauma, because you're the only one who can do it."

When Luhan was blaming himself for being such a big-mouth, Jessica finally spoke, but her words were irrelevant to the topic. 

"Why is he always annoyed at you when he sees you?" She smiled and asked.

Luhan was initially taken aback, but he laughed afterwards, "Teasing and fooling with him is a very splendid thing to do. It's hard to give up on teasing him." He looked and Jessica and she was laughing happily. It seemed like his worries were for nothing because Jessica was a unique girl, she obviously wouldn't give up that easily. He can't help but to envy Kris.

"I understand," Jessica nodded while laughing. She also liked to see Kris being angry or helpless, he looked so cute that she wanted to squeeze and hug him.

The remaining time was spent by chatting about various topics, but they avoided the topic of Kris and Gayeon.