THIRTY SIX: WHAT A MESS

Under the Cherry Blossom

Like I said, I'm so freaking determined to finish this story, so here's chapter 36!

 

 

"Moving on, I guess Miss Lee Gayeon has something to tell us?" Jessica said as she shifted her focus to the long haired girl who was leaving.

 
"Busybodies," Lee Gayeon felt restless and was pale. She had never expected them to meet in this kind of situation.
 
"Busybody?! If we didn't pass by, you..." Kris didn't continue. If the couple weren't adventurous and decided to try a new route, Gayeon would never have a chance to be rescued. 
 
Jessica hooked her arm around his to prevent him from being too emotional. Kris would lose the ability to think as long as Lee Gayeon is in front of him. It wasn't Jessica's first time seeing Kris losing his temper because of Gayeon.
 
Despite Jessica hearing about Gayeon from Kris, it was her first time conversing with her. When she had seen her from afar previously, Jessica had concluded that Gayeon was drop dead gorgeous. Now that she had a close up look of Gayeon, she understood why Kris fell so deep for her. 
 
"Are you working as an ?" It wasn't the first time he had seen Gayeon with another man. What exactly was she thinking? Was money so important to the extend of abandoning her pride and dignity?
 
"That's my freedom right? Who are you to judge?" Gayeon sneered.
 
However, Jessica saw the flash of pain that appeared in Gayeon's cold gaze.
 
When Gayeon did not try to deny, Kris frustratedly shouted, "How long to you plan to exactly living on like this? What will your brother say if he sees you like this?"
 
"You know nothing." Gayeon xouks no longer maintain an emotionless face. Her black pearly eyes glared straight at Kris, "You don't have the right to lecture me! I do what I want, and you have no right to intervene." She turned her back, refusing to let the couple witness her tears falling down. 
 
"You're right, I definitely have no right to intervene. Do what you like then!" Kris no longer cared and attempted to drag Jessica off.
 
Yet Jessica stood still, refusing to move.
 
 
Although she knew what happened between them, her sharp instincts told her that behind the cold and fierce gaze was a vulnerable person.
 
She was sure that Gayeon was hiding something from Kris. She didn't look like the type who would get closer with someone for her own personal gains.  Her instincts also told her that Gayeon wasn't someone who was willing to abandon her pride and dignity. 
 
The question is, why would she let Kris misunderstand her?
 
"Let's go!" Kris chased her. He no longer wanted to stay. 
 
Jessica didn't know whether to let the misunderstanding continue because she knew that once the problem was solved, perhaps he would not longer belong to her. 
 
She also knew that it was something she wanted to do no matter how regrettable t could be. If she wanted Kris to be someone who had move on from his past completely, she had to risk it.
 
"Kris, I have something to say..." She was determined to resolve the misunderstanding  but was stopped when Gayeon fell to the ground. 
 
She immediately ran to her, "Kris, call the ambulance."
 
Upon witnessing the scene. Kris panicked and was clueless about what to do until he heard Jessica's instructions. 
 
Why had things become like this?