THIRTY: THE MATCH

Under the Cherry Blossom

So Kai wanted Jessica to be with him so he decided to teleport Jessica to Townsville  and live together but Kris figured out her whereabouts and flew to Townsville to save her and they live happily ever after!!! 

THE END. NONONO IM JUST JOKING LOL. ENJOY CHAPTER 30 :) 

 

"Ah have you heard? President Jung and the squash captain is having a match."

"She knows how to play squash?!" 
"Must be interesting! Let's go and watch!"

The commotion made the person who had been lying on the table trying to think of song lyrics looked up. 

Jessica Jung is playing squash? With his partial love rival? He can't help but to feel a bit annoyed and he frowned. 
"Didn't that guy disappeared? Why is he back, and all of a sudden playing squash with her? What in the world is going on…" He thought to himself.

He couldn't stay still in his chair anymore and went towards the squash court. It was obvious that his girlfriend was more important than writing songs. 

Apparently the news spreaded like wildfire because the second floor and third floor was filled with spectators. The most anticipated match - The match between  most outstanding President Jung and the most attractive Squash captain was about to start. Of course, most of them were here to look at them playing and weren't focusing on their skills. But everyone were more towards Kai's side because they didn't think that the elegant President would defeat the captain that has countless medals.

Jessica was warming up after borrowing a squash racket from someone else. She didn't know how it became a match from just a simple conversation. She used to play doubles with him and train with him before she was elected into council.However, they always played outside, so technically it was their first match in school and under the student body's eyes.

"President Jung hwaiting!" Nana's high pitches and nasal voice pierced through everyone's ears.

Jessica smiled helplessly and waved to the excited Nana while praying that she wouldn't lose too badly. Kai would put his best effort when playing with anyone, so she wouldn't expect him to go easy on her. In order to not embarrass herself that badly, she could only treat the match seriously. Fortunately, Jessica had the habit of jogging every morning, so her physical condition wasn't that bad.

"Jessica Jung to serve, let the match begin!" A squash member announced.

Jessica took a deep breath. There wasn't a chance to regret. She threw the ball upwards and hit it to the wall.

"Awesome!"
"Daebak…"
"Omo…"
"Kyaaaa~" 


The discussions outside the court suddenly changed to gasps and shocks. They were totally immersed in the match.

They couldn't believe that the elegant and charismatic President Jung would be so energetic and refreshed in the court, her skills weren't of an amateur, she could be a worthy opponent. Kai was also fighting hard. The  match that people had expected Kai to win by a landslide had became a match where both of them had equal chances to win. The spectators were so excited that they could only cheer.

Kris's deep gaze followed Jessica's every actions. He had never seen him that energetic before. She was so focused on playing and her ponytail was 'dancing', there wasn't a moment when he wasn't captivated by her. He thought that that he understood her well, but turns out that he knew nothing about her. He didn't even know Jessica had this interest. They really 
lacked communication because they were both busy. Fortunately, they still had a lot of time to improve. 
 
"You practiced beforehand didn't you?" Kai exclaimed as he saved a ball.

"No time." Jessica  continued to hit the ball. Where did she have the time to practice if she was busy with council? 

 Kai smiled bitterly, he also believed that she didn't have time to practice. However, her skills didn't worsened. Instead, the speed of the ball was faster, and the ball's direction was unpredictable. He always knew that she had a talent for Squash, but she had no self consciousness and wasted that gift. It was indeed a waste.

The spectators were amazed. How could the players still talk so casually when they were focusing on the ball…?

Although she had never touched a squash racket for years, she would visualise the scene of hitting the ball during breaks, including how to increase the speed of the ball, how to predict the ball's direction. In addition, she exercised daily. Except for the start when she hasn't warmed up to the game and missed a few shots, she was getting the hang of it. Focusing on playing also instantly made her troubles disappeared. She had never felt relaxed for so long.

Almost everyone was cheering for Jessica. Kai was popular, but he would never surpass that talented President. The students were hoping that Jessica would create a miracle and defeat the squash champion that had never once been defeated. 

Still, she hadn't been playing squash for a long time so her physical condition and experience were still lower than Kai's. In the end, Kai won the match.

"I lost." Jessica walked towards him and shook his hand. Although she lost, she felt very relaxed and wasn't unhappy that she lost. 

Kai heaved a sigh of relief, "I was still thinking if I should quit the squash team if you had won." 

"Don't tease me, I can't even stand properly now." Jessica laughed bitterly. She wasn't exaggerating; she didn't even have energy to speak. 

"Haha!" Kai laughed loudly. He stretched it his arms towards her, "I can lend you this, but you have to return with interest."

"No need." 

Unexpectedly, the person to answer him wasn't Jessica, but Kris who suddenly appeared out of nowhere.

He held a clean towel to Jessica and wiped her swear off. Then he confidently placed his arms over her shoulders, not forgetting to give an annoying gaze to the squash captain.

"Eh? Why are you here?" Jessica took his hands off her shoulders. The spectators were already excited, there wasn't a need to further excite them. 

" I don't even know you were good at squash." Kris purposely acted help keels and placed his chin on her shoulder.

"I haven't been playing since ages." She returned the racket to the owner and said, "I need to head back to council room now, bye." 

She waved at Kai and left. Kai looked at that murderous stare of Kris and found it interestingly funny. He passed him a racket, "Want to have a match?"

Kris let out a 'Hmph' , "No point winning you now." he arrogantly said before chasing after Jessica.

Kai looked at their back view. That slight smile of his finally disappeared.

 

 


 

YAY 55 subscribers! It might seem little but at least it's a two digit!I can't express how grateful I am to all you readers out there. Thank you for subscribing and commenting because it makes me feel like I'm not writing for nobody! If you're not a subscriber, get out. NO LOL KIDDING because I'm one of the silent readers too. But seriously I appreciate all the 55 subscribers I have so far. 
 
Besides that, thank you for the 13 upvotes!

sugen123  _dystonic  DJCyrus Theaismyname  SicaKris  pinkpurplelover TangledLove jungbiased monicawang12  imjust_me Sparkle22 Kpoplover436  angeltran


I do hope that all of you, like literally everyone that is reading this, will continue reading and last till the end of the story. Here's to a wonderful reading experience yea? :)