FOURTEEN: CONFRONTATION

Under the Cherry Blossom

 

 

“Kris Wu!" The murderous voice summoned his mind back to reality. He raised his head and looked right into Kai's challenging eye.

"Congratulations, you didn't recognize the wrong person." He ridiculed and raised his eyebrows.

His calm and relaxed state made Kai exploded. Kai breathed in and out, and managed to keep his cool.

"What's your motive?" Kai said with a death stare.

Kris pulled his ears, "Did you eat the wrong medicine?" What in the world was he talking about?

Kai clenched his fist tightly to prevent himself from losing too much control and directly pounced at him.

"What magic spell did you exactly cast on her?"  Kai asked. He should admire Kris based on what he did - he managed to easily achieve what others couldn't do. The most annoying fact was that he didn't even stood out from the student body, much less have any talent or superb looks. He seriously couldn’t think of any reason as to why  that dull guy could attract Jessica's attention.

"You're asking this question based on what identity?" Kris didn't seem to consider the fact that Kai was like an erupting volcano and shot back.

Kai maintained his same expression, but quickly answered, "Of course as a friend!  I was with her ever since year 1. Even though she looks smart and and powerful, she has the most fragile heart anyone can find. I won't let allow you to hurt her no matter what you do and say to her!" Nobody understood Jessica more than him, she separated herself from others with her invisible castle and maintained her distance with everyone. Even in his case, he spent a very long time to walk into her 'castle' while Kris could achieve what he achieved so far in such a short period of time - How could he not be irritated?

Kris kept his playful face and said coldly, "Hmph, what rights do you have to determine that I'll hurt her?" He won't! He never will! She was like his wooden plank; he felt secure when he's with her. It was her who dragged him out from the perils of hell, he would use his everything to repay her!

"Yeah but you can't match up to her. Her intelligence, her looks are not levelled with yours." Now, don't get him wrong. Kai wasn't the type who would judge someone based on their looks and evaluate someone based on their intelligence. If it wasn't for Jessica, he would never have said out such hurting words to people but he was blinded by his rage. He couldn't choose his words carefully. Although it he said it, he still had a tinge of regret - he seemed to be too much.

Kris reply was a cold smile and he walked out. He didn't care how people view him as long as she was alright with him.
There wasn't a need to bother about the weird passer-by's'' opinions.  Kai creased his brows and had an unusual expression. He should be angry when Kris ignored him. However, he felt that perhaps Kris wasn't what he thought he would be - A useless person. He had that arrogant attitude… Was he really like what the girls said, a person with zero existance?

The phone rang.

"Annyeong, council room." Jessica picked up the phone while her eyes were still focused on scanning her documents.

"It's me." Kris voice appeared from the phone, it was monotonous. 

Jessica was a bit taken aback. She didn't expect him to be call, they weren't separated for very long. This was also from the local pay phone, was it because he couldn't stand his class anymore? She unknowingly smiled.

"Am I disturbing you?" It was still the same monotonous voice.

"What's wrong?" She seemed to sense a bit of gloominess in his voice.

"…" Kris remained quiet for a while then said, "One day, I'm going to let everyone know that it wasn't a wrong decision to choose me!"

Jessica raised her eyebrows and seemed to get a hidden message.

"Did Kai say anything to you?" She couldn't eliminate that possibility. The only person that could insult him straight in the face was Kai, besides Nana who would probably faint after that.

"…" Kris was astonished by her accuracy but he didn't intend to tell her anything because it was his matter.

"Just be yourself. Don't bother about what others view you as." Jessica knew that he wouldn't tell her whatever that had happened because of his pride but she didn't want him to be unhappy because of her.

"Mmm." He acknowledged.

Kris hung up and he leaned against the wall. That was why Jessica Jung was different from others, one sentence from her could made him forget about the conversation he had with Kai and relax his mind. Kai was definitely wrong, it wasn't him who casted a spell on her but the other way round! Her spell made him follow her and made him feel touched only because of her.