THEY DONT KNOW WHAT YOU'VE DONE TO MY HEART

Under the Cherry Blossom

Jessica walked and walked and walked. 

 
When she returned to reality, she found herself right under her block.  The sun had long went down and the dark blue starry sky was covered with thick dark clouds. If anything, the empty sky just made her feel more pressured.
 
For your information, the shortest walking route from the hospital to her home could take her at least one hour. However the weird thing was, she had absolutely no memory of that one hour. Jessica had never felt so distracted before. Then again, she wasn't surprised; Kris had made her realise that there were so many more sides to her. Aside from the polished, elegant President, she was just an ordinary high school girl.
 
As Jessica was about to head up home, she noticed her familiar silhouette under the nearby lamppost. 
 
Although she couldn't see make out his face clearly, she was quite sure that it was Kris!
 
Why would he be here at this timing though?
 
She noticed that he had fix his gaze towards the direction she'd always return home from. 
 
He's probably waiting for her, should she be happy or nervous?
 
"Kris?" She stealthily walked to his side.
 
Kris's lifespan decreased by 10 years, "Where were you? You have never returned home at such a late timing."
 
"Were you waiting for me?" Jessica didn't answer his question and her eyes glistened. Her depressed mood miraculously became better. 
 
Come to think of it, although Gayeon knew Kris first, it doesn't change the fact that he was right beside her now right? She really shouldn't be involved with his past but rather, believe in him.
 
"Nope, I just happened to be standing under your block while waiting for Santa Claus to come."
 
Jessica raised her eyebrows. 
 
Kris smirked, as if amused by his sarcasm, "You don't say?  I went to the council room but they said you left immediately after finishing your errands." Besides that, it was also caused by Kai's words. If he didnt manage to see Jessica in person, he probably won't be able to sleep later. 
 
Looking at her happy expression, Kris was pissed at Kai. That bastard was obviously speaking rubbish!
 
"Is it because you were worried about me?" Jessica smiled very sweetly. His words were more comforting than medicine. The doubts and suspicions she had deep down in her heart had disappeared instantly. As long as Kris was in front of her, she didn't need to worry about things.
 
"What's up with your mushiness today?" Kris said with his back facing Jessica. With his pride, he obviously didn't want Jessica to witness his tomato-like face.
 
"Okay, I'm heading home, see you tomorrow."
 
"Wait," Jessica stopped him before quietly placing her head on his back. 
 
"Thank you for coming," Jessica thanked him. She was really grateful towards Kris; although he acts like a kid most of the times, that warm vibe of his was enough to warm up her heart. 
 
"Alright alright, I'm getting goosebumps, I'm leaving," Kris said as he waved his hand and made a charismatic exit purposely. 
 
"Yea," she smiled again.
 
When his shadow disappeared into the corner, Jessica suddenly remembered about the important matter she had to tell Kris. Then again, she didn't want to ruin the good atmosphere they had so she saved it for the next day.
 
 
The next day, Jessica was about to approach Kris and find a quiet place to talk after having her lunch. However, this plan was obstructed when Kai waved to her from a distance.