EIGHT: GROWING INTEREST

Under the Cherry Blossom

                          

 

Jessica stunned for a while then let out a soft laugh, "Who knows what will happen in the future?" If they could maintain their relationship for more than 4 years, it means that they had good chemistry. If Jessica was to find a boyfriend, a cheerful Kai was a good option, at least she wouldn't have to pressured if she was with him. But who could predict the future? It was better not to easily make a commitment as to something she wasn't even sure about, that was always her principle.

"That is what Jessica Jung always say." Kai laughed and imitate a few squash smacks and ran into the court.

Jessica threw the can into the thrash bin flawlessly, and left with a good mood.

It was getting closer and closer to the celebration. Each member had double workload and they were like a working robot. Despite that business, there was still a slacker sitting inside who occasionally did actions to interrupt President Jung's work.

Jessica stretched her back, her shoulders were sore from working too much. She closed her eyes to let them rest.
A student managed council wasn't that great - they couldn't throw work to the teacher and had to be responsible for their own actions. When she enters university, it's better to choose a school that was teacher orientated.

"I thought you would never be tired." Kris laid on her table and stared at that fatigue smile.

Jessica looked at him and laughed, "Do you think I'm Wonder Woman?" She had to return home late everyday then revise her homework till midnight everyday. Even if she was so busy, she couldn't neglect her studies hence the sleep deprivation.

"Am I causing you trouble?" Kris suddenly asked when Jessica was deep in thoughts.

Jessica was taken aback for awhile, then shook her head, "Anniyo."

She was quite shocked at his sensitivity but she definitely was saying the truth. If she really thought that he was a troublemaker, he would have been the first one to get kicked out of the room. Although he would interrupt her purposely sometimes, it didn't make her lose concentration but allowed her to relax for a while and forget about the hectic temporarily. She should even thanked him.

"You're very special." Kris's eyes looked straight at her behind those spectacles.

She was different from the girls he met in the past, especially when she didn't say anything after she saw him without the spectacles, not even once. He initially thought that she had helped him with the teacher because she had seen his looks, he even thought that she was like the girls that used to chase him behind his back. But after these few days, his theory was false. In the classroom,  she only concentrated in her books; in the council room, she spent 105% effort in her work. He had never seen her playing with other people. He had heard of the admirable Council President from other students, as well as her rumored boyfriend - Kai. But in Kris's eyes, they had a similarity: even if she was friendly to others,  he had never seen any of her special friend appeared. Everyone was treated the same by her, no close distance at all.

She made him confused and troubled.
"How much left with your work?" Jessica changed topic. That gaze of his made her felt threatened, it was like her protective barrier was slowly being damaged by that gaze. She didn't want to self reflect with him or to show him her true side.

Kris creased his nose as if he knew her motive, looked at her for a few more times before saying, "Holiday homework can only be done after two weeks, I'm almost halfway there."

He only made used of the time in the council room to catch up on the work - he wouldn't do it even if he had spare time. He didn't want to end that opportunity to observe her. He wanted to know more about her true self or if there was something else hidden behind that smile.

"Remember to place your homework at a safe place next time." Jessica .

"You really believe that my dog bitten it?" Kris also smiled, he smiled brightly.

She took her document and before getting back into her work, she softly said, "I believe."  Although it was a stupid reason, but she never once doubt the reason. Although he was a but mischievous, but he definitely wasn't the one that would lie. She didn't know why, but she had that unreasonable trust in him.

Kris heard her answer and his hand that was holding the pen slightly shivered.

"Pabo." he lowered his head and lightly scolded her, yet his lips slightly showed a smile.