Asleep

Dance Sarang

At first, I thought that Mark's dare was gonna be a piece of cake. I'll just kiss him on the lips and it would be over. It would last just a couple of seconds, then we move on.

I was wrong.

Kissing a guy first on the lips was a first for me. I've never kissed a guy on the lips first. When Mark kissed me first, he made it look so easy.

I now realize that there are some things Mark is fearless in that I don't even have the guts to do. I knew Mark wasn't gonna let me off that easily. He was really anticipating this. Do I even have the guts to carry out this dare?

"What's wrong Rhyth?" Mark asked. He wasn't acting sympathetic just now. He was teasing me. You know Mark, there are times when I just want to punch you in the face. Now is one of them.

"Fine, I can do it. I can kiss you first on the lips," I said. I tried my best to act confident, but it's clear on my face that I wasn't ready.

Mark walked closer to me so that our faces were only spaces apart. Mark! Why do you have to do that? That will only make me more nervous. His face is so close that I don't even know what to do anymore.

I can do this.

I will do this.

I'm gonna do this.

Ok, now!

I leaned forward and kissed him on the lips. I didn't kiss him hard. Just a soft simple kiss on his lips. I stepped back after I kissed him and looked at the floor. Err! Why do I feel so embarrassed and humiliated?!

I took a peek at Mark. He was smiling at me.

"There I did it! Happy?" I said. Mark reached over and took my hand.

"I couldn't ask for more."

Mark and I sat on the couch and talked for a while. Mark yawned.

"See Mark. You're tired. I should've left earlier," I said.

"Don't say that. If you left then I wouldn't have been able to get a kiss from you." he said with a huge grin on his face. I'm gonna slap that grin off your face.

"Whatever... I'm gonna go home now ok? I'm pretty tired myself and you need to rest too." I said. I turned to leave but Mark reached up from where he was sitting and took my arm.

"No, can you stay for a little while more?" he asked. He really looked tired. I didn't want to keep him from getting any sleep.

"Please," he said. Don't! Please don't! Aegyo. I swear, aegyo would be the death of me!

"Fine, but I'm leaving when you fall asleep. And it looks like you'll be falling asleep pretty soon," I said.

I sat next to him on the couch. Right when I sat down, his head landed on my lap. His eyes were going down then going back up again. He really didn't want to sleep.

"Rhyth, that night at the pool..." he said. "I heard your voice for the first time. I love your voice Rhyth. Can you sing me to sleep?"

"I don't know Mark..." I said.

"Please?" he said. This time he didn't do aegyo. Apparently he was too tired to do it. But instead, he took my hand.

"Ok," I said.

I sang to him a slow soothing song. The lyrics were so smooth. I remembered every word of the song. I always sang this song to my little brother when he was a baby.

This song resembled having a dream. Hopes and dreams. This song reminded me of my future goals. I feel like my dreams are slowly coming true. Training would pass and the competition would come one day.

I have to be one of the winners of the competition. I just have to. I'll do whatever it takes to achieve my dreams.

I looks at Mark. The song ended a moment ago. He's fast asleep on my lap. I thought about Mark. Mark. My trainer. He would be the one that would help me achieve my dreams. He would be with me ever step of the way. I just hope he will. I don't want to lose him.

I was pondering the fact of whether or not I should leave. Mark was fast asleep on my lap already. He looked so peaceful. I'd hate to wake him up. He probably won't let me leave if he wakes up. I started to yawn.

Then pretty soon, I was fast asleep as well.

 

~ Here's the song Rhyth sang to Mark:

** Only Hope by, Mandy Moore