The One

Dance Sarang

Another month has passed. Wow, seven months already? I could almost reach out and grasp the competition in my hand. Five more months to go. Until I finally get to compete on Show What You Got night.

I began to think about the other trainees. I wish I could see what they were working on, but it's strictly prohibited for any trainee to know what another trainee is doing. I understand why they do that anyway. 

The company wants to avoid any conflicts that may occur. You know, stealing someone's choreography. Or stealing someone's song choice. I didn't want anyone seeing what Mark and I had planned either. We wouldn't even let Jay see what we were working on.

Some days, he would would slightly open our door and peek though it. Just to see maybe a sliver of our choreography and hear a sliver of the song we chose. He'd always get caught. Mark and I are always on the lookout for him.

Sorry Jay, but no one's gonna know what Mark and I have planned for the competition. Not even my best friend, Bam Bam. Not even our parents.

Training was over for the day. Mark and I played rock, paper, scissors to see which one of us was gonna drive the other home. We were walking to the exit of the company, when we saw Bam Bam. He was sitting in the waiting room. Was he here for me? Or perhaps for Mark?

Mark and I walked up to him. As we approached him, his eyes lit up. His eyes were on me.

"Hey Bam Bam," Mark said. "What's up?" I hope Mark wouldn't get jealous again. It's kinda obvious that Bam Bam wanted to hang out with me. And me only. I hope Mark didn't have anything to say about it.

"Yah Mark hyung!" Bam Bam complained. "You always steal Rhyth from me! She's my best friend anyway! Could me and her hang out? Just this once?"

I couldn't help agreeing with Bam Bam. Mark had a flaw. His flaw: hogging me all the time. I don't even remember the last time Bam Bam and I hung out. You know, as best friends. I wanted to hang out with friends too. I hope you understand Mark. You know I still love you.

"He's right Mark," I said. "Bam Bam is my friend too. You should learn how to share me too!" 

"What if I don't wanna share? I don't think I can share." Mark said. Sigh... I saw Bam Bam roll his eyes at how cheesy Mark sounded. I would roll my eyes too, but that was so cute! I couldn't roll my eyes to that!

"Mark..." I sighed. "Come on! Please, for me?" Haha it was my turn to play that card. Just as I suspected, Mark couldn't refuse.

"Fine," he said. Bam Bam and I sighed in relief. "Bam Bam if you do anything to-"

"Yeah yeah I know!" Bam Bam interrupted Mark. "Gosh Mark, can you trust me?" Mark nodded, signaling that he approved.

"Bye Mark." I said. I started to walk away with Bam Bam, but Mark quickly swooped in a kissed me on the cheek. I blushed at our sudden skinship. I could just growl at how cute he was! Eureureong!

Bam Bam turned around to see why I all of a sudden stopped. He smiled at us.

"Aww..." he said.

"Shut up!" I yelled at him. Mark left first, but before he left, he did that "I've got my eye on you" motion to Bam Bam. 

The sun didn't set all the way, so Bam Bam and I decided to take a walk around the neighborhood. He slung his arm around me. But it was kinda awkward because I was taller than him.

"Don't worry, you'll grow," I would always tell him. "Eventually..." Then after I said that, he would punch my arm or something like that. He really hated the fact that I was taller than him.

"How's my best friend?" he asked. "I see that you're as happy as ever." He smiled at me. Really Bam Bam? Really? Are you really gonna talk to me about Mark? About our relationship? I knew it. I knew he was gonna ask me about me and Mark at some point.

"Haha," I said. "Yup I'm great actually. I've never been this happy in my entire life."

"All because of Mark huh?" he teased me.

"Not all because of him," I said. "Also because I'm getting closer to
achieving my dreams. But yeah, I guess Mark is a huge part of my happiness too." I blushed. 

"Hey, if he ever acts like a jerk to you, you know who to call." he told me.

"My appa?" I asked. I laughed. I knew he was talking about himself. But I just couldn't picture it. Bam Bam beating up Mark? Is that even imaginable? No offense Bam Bam.

"Haha, very funny," he said. "No seriously, if he ever hurts you in some way, I want him to answer to me. To my fist." I bursted out laughing. He frowned at my amusement.

"It's ok Bam Bam. You can save your fist," I said. "Mark will never hurt me. I can feel it."

"Oh really?" he asked. "You really think that he's the one? The one you'll be spending the rest of your life with?"

I didn't guarantee that will happen, but I felt like it could happen. I wanted it to happen anyway. Could Mark really be the one? The one I'll be spending the rest of my life with? 

I've never actually thought about marriage. I'm still young anyway. I don't have to think about marriage and things like that. The important thing to me right now is the present. What's happening now. 

"I don't know Bam Bam," I said. "But hey, we're still young and dumb and live life our own way, you know. We don't have to think about marriage just yet. We should just enjoy ourselves while we're still young."

"I guess you're right," he said. "Well, I wish the both of you good luck." He gave me a double thumbs up.

"Thanks." I said.