Happy

Dance Sarang

It was morning. I woke up the sun shining on my face. I stretched a little. Wow that was a great sleep. Now…where am I? Oh yeah…Mark!

Oh good. He was still asleep on my lap. I think I better wake him up. What if his parents saw us here? I would never want to show my face to them ever again!

“Yah Mark,” I said. I shook him a little. “Wake up now. It’s morning.”

He opened his eyes a little, and then when he saw me he smiled. He looked so cute. His hair was messed up when he sat up from my lap.

“Good morning Rhyth,” he said. “Thanks for sleeping with me.” He smiled. Err… when he said that it kinda sounded wrong to me. I did sorta kinda slept with him, I guess. But not that way… I looked at him weirdly.

“You know what I mean Rhyth,” he said. I nodded showing him that I understood. I stood up to go to the bathroom when he grabbed my arm.

“Mark,” I whined. “I’m just gonna go to the bathroom. Let go please.”

“Uh uh! Jahgiyah!” he whined. Sigh… Mark… not now… please… it’s too early in the morning to be dealing with your aegyo…

I looked at Mark. He was laying on the couch. He looked so lazy right now. I tugged on my arm, but he wouldn’t let go. Sigh… At the last minute, he pulled on my arm. I didn’t expect him to pull all of a sudden, so when he pulled, I turned around and landed right on top of him.

His face and mine were so close. He was smiling at me. I couldn’t figure out if I should be angry at him or not. Wait, I am! I was about to get off him when his parents appeared at the door. They were staring wide-eyed at us. Oh God!!!

I quickly got off of Mark. I was so embarrassed! I felt so ashamed! I can’t believe they saw that! What would they think of me after seeing that!?!?

I was staring at them with a scared look and Mark noticed me. He looked confused, and then he looked to where I was looking at. He jumped from the couch out of shock.

That’s it. I’m not coming here ever again! But what happened next surprised me so much!

Mark’s parents looked at us for a while, then they SMILED!!!! WTF!?! Why are they smiling?! I half expected them to pick me up by my hair and throw me out of the house. Or probably yell at the both of us. But they were HAPPY!?!?

“You two should go freshen up, then we can all have breakfast together, ok?” Mark’s mom said. Mr. and Mrs. Tuan smiled at us one more time before going back to the kitchen. What just happened? I pinched myself too check if I was dreaming. I saw Mark slap himself repeatedly. We were both utterly shocked, but at the same time, we were actually pretty relieved.

I looked at Mark for an explanation. He just shrugged and got up to go freshen up. I wasn’t just gonna let him leave like that.

“Yah, where do you think you’re going?” I asked. “This wouldn’t have happened if you just let me go to the bathroom!”

“No Rhyth,” Mark said. “If I let you go earlier, then they would’ve seen you go to the bathroom anyway. If they just saw you just then, wouldn’t they have been a little suspicious?” Hmm, I guess you do have a point Mark.

“Then why couldn’t you just tell me to stay?” I asked. He could’ve just told me because I would’ve listened to him anyway.

“I was too tired?” he said. I pushed him towards the door. That’s such a lame excuse Mark. He went to go freshen up upstairs. I went to the other bathroom to freshen up too.

I the water to wash my face. I wiped my face with a towel afterwards. I started to recall yesterday’s events. One by one, each event that happened yesterday played back in my mind. I started to smile at the cute and sweet moments that happened. I chuckled to myself at the funny moments and rolled my eyes at the annoying moments.

Yesterday was fun. I liked spending time with Mark. Spending time with him makes me happy and I can tell that he’s happy when he’s with me as well. There are times when I just want to hit Mark, but I still find myself falling for him.

Mark and I. We can do this. Together. Together we can make each other’s dreams come true. We will always have each other’s back the whole way. I left the bathroom after checking my reflection in the mirror.

I went to the kitchen to see Mark and his parents. They waited for me.

“Sorry to keep you waiting,” I said as I bowed ninety degrees to his parents.

“It’s alright Rhyth,” they said. They smiled at me and then they turned to look at Mark. He was looking at me with a smile.

I sat down next to him and we ate breakfast together.

*Awwww! This chapter was so sweet! (sniffle sniffle) They are so perfect together! (sobbing) LOL ^^ (uses up the whole tissue box)

*Go ahead and dance to this song while you're at it! ^^

**Happy by, Pharrell Williams