Halfaversary

Dance Sarang

6 months have passed. Wow, half a year has gone by already. I'm half way from achieving my dreams.

Training has been rigorous and tiring as ever. But that doesn't stop me. I'm still trying my best everyday. 

Sometimes I get scolded at home. Sometimes after training, I'd go home and continue training by myself. I'd be working on some choreography I've done in the past, then my brother would come in. 

"Rhyth! What are you doing? You had enough training for the day. Aren't you tired?" he would ask me.

"How much are mom and dad paying you?" I asked. I knew my parents were paying him to tell me to stop. It's not gonna work. 

They think that he could talk me into anything because he's my younger sibling that cares for me. Wrong! As much as I love my little bro, he's such a pain sometimes!

"Twenty bucks," my brother said.

"Bye!" I yelled at him as I pushed him out the door. I shut and locked the door behind him before he had a chance to argue.

I know I should get rest and everything. But I love dancing. I love training. I can't stop. I don't want to stop. Not now. I still have six months left. I'm halfway there. I can do this.

Mark has been making fun of me lately. He thinks that by the time training comes, he's the one who's gonna own the stage when we perform together.

"Shut up! I'll so own the stage too!" I said.

"Not if you're so tired and worn out from training too much." he said while putting his finger on my forehead and pushing my head back. 

"Whatever!" I said sticking my tongue out at him.

Mark won't be the only one owning the stage. I will own it too. The both of us will own the stage. Together.

Training was over for the day. I took my things. I was about to leave when Mark back hugged me. Mark...

"Mark...I have to go home now. You said it yourself, I need to get some rest." Earlier today when we were training, I kept yawning. Mark kept nagging at me to get a good night's sleep when I got home later on. 

"Not just yet Rhyth," he said. He released himself. "Rhyth, what's today?"

"Um, it's been six months since I started training. And about six months since we got together." I said. "Why do you ask?"

"Come with me." he said. He took my arm and dragged me away.

"Where are we going?" I asked. We were in his car. He was driving somewhere. He didn't tell me where we were going. Mark really has a thing for surprises, doesn't he? Aigoo... This boy, he doesn't seem to stop, doesn't he? Oh Mark...

I was familiar with this place. Where he was driving to. I think I know where we're going...

I knew it.

Mark parked at the dance club. THE dance club. What are we doing here?

He got out the car and came to my side. He opened the door for me and practically pulled me out. We walked to the front entrance. More like I was being dragged to the front entrance.

"What are we doing here?" I asked. And why did I have to change? Before we left, he made me change into something else. He drove me to my house just for me to change.

"What do I wear?" I asked.

"Whatever is like one of your most favorite outfits ever." he said.

"Ok?" I said as I went inside to change.

"And hurry up!" he yelled. What in the world is he up to now? I tore through my closet and looked for something that I liked to where. I was thinking that Mark was gonna take me somewhere nice. So I went with something you could wear at a party.

"Wait here Rhyth ok?" Mark said. Wait here? Outside of the dance club? Why?

"What? Why? For how long?" I asked utterly confused. First you tell me to change, then we come here, then you tell me to wait outside?! What's going on Mark?!

"For like 2 minutes ok?! Bye!" Mark said. He ran inside the club.

"Wait! Yah! Mark!" I yelled after him. I sighed in annoyance. Fine, two minutes it is then.

Two minutes was up. I walked inside.

It was dark when I walked in. Wait...is this what I think it is?

The lights . Everyone came out from where they were hiding and yelled out "Surprise!"

What is this? A party? For me? For what? Nothing's happened yet. There's nothing really to celebrate.

I was shocked. Yet again, I was getting used to being shocked. Thanks a lot Mark.

Mark appeared on stage. He smiled at me. He did a flip and behind him, a banner dropped.

HAPPY HALFAVERSARY RHYTH!!!!!

I sighed at how corny the banner looked. Halfaversary? What's that?

Mark came down from the stage. He ran up to me, carried me, and spun around.

"Aren't I just amazing?" Mark asked when he put me down. I rolled my eyes at him. 

"Mark what's all this? What's a halfaversary?" I asked. But I was so happy. I couldn't stop smiling. I just love Mark. I love him so much that I could just hit him for being so lovable. Wait, what did I say?

"Rhyth, you know how an anniversary is for a year?" he asked. I nodded.

"Well, halfaversary. Half of an anniversary. Get it?" I bursted out laughing at how corny that was. Although it was so corny, I loved it.

"Are you serious?" I asked. He nodded.

"Happy Halfaversary to you as a trainee." he said. He took my hand and intertwined it with his.

"And Happy Halfaversary to us."