I want her!

Dance Sarang

It's been close to two weeks already. Tomorrow was my audition. I'm ready, tteonaja! Step two, I'll sure ace.

"Ya! Iro Na Rhyth!" Someone was yelling at me to wake up. Wait, was that a boy's voice I heard? I shot up quickly to the thought of a boy in my room. "Ya!" I yelled. "Who's in my room?" I rubbed the sleep out of my eyes. As my vision cleared I noticed BamBam standing over me near my bed. "Wakey wakey eggs and bakey," he said with a smile. "Please don't tell me you forgot what today was." Woah, did I really sleep that late. My audition was at one o'clock. I didn't go to sleep that late. I immediately got up and started to get ready. I started changing after screaming at BamBam to get out. I rushed down the stairs and started to eat breakfast. "NaHyun what are you doing?!" Ugh, I didn't really like me birth name, but my parents insisted they be the only ones that call me that. It didn't really fit my dancing image. I didn't know what my mom was talking about. "What do you mean?" I said. "Isn't it almost one o'clock?" I looked over at the clock- 6:30 AM. BamBam!!!!!!

I searched the house for him and I finally found him in my little brother's room. When I barged in I saw them eating cereal out of the box and doing spit takes with milk. The spit takes weren't so great until I showed up. Milk started spewing out from their noses. "You two!!!!" I screamed. I was really heated right now. "It was your bro's idea," BamBam said trying to contain his laughter. I looked over at my bro to see what he's got to say. But, being a pabo, he was rolling on the floor laughing in a pile of cereal and milk. I was really frustrated right now and I think I was having a headache. 

"Ok I think we had our fun already," BamBam said after calming me down and taking me back to my room. "But, I wanted to see your reaction because you've been stressing about this audition for almost two weeks. Your bro and I were kinda worried." "Yeah," I said. "I could bet a million bucks that he was worried about me," I sad sarcastically. "That pabo." I was really tired and wanted to sleep some more. I couldn't help but think about what he said about me stressing. I had to admit, I have been working my off for almost two weeks. Ahh, only a few more hours and all that hard work would pay off. I yawned, "Get out BamBam. I'm gonna go back to sleep." And with that note he left me in my room to sleep for a few more hours.

It's eleven o'clock and only two more hours until the audition. We'll leave the house at about thirty minutes or an hour. Dance for Life dance company is really popular. A lot of people audition to get into the company and most of them are rejected. That's one of the reasons why I'm really nervous about this audition. I'm gonna be up against a lot of dancers that are probably way better than me. Calm down Rhyth. Just focus on the problem at hand. What should I wear?

I finally decided on my favorite skinny jeans that for some reason are really comfortable when I'm dancing. As for the top I wore my favorite I Dance To Live tank top. "Tteonaja," my mom yelled from downstairs. Let's do it.

I checked in and was given a number. After that I was put in a room with all the other people who came to audition. My parents, brother, and BamBam came to support me and waited in another room for family and friends. My number was 1234. Well, looks like it's gonna be a while before my turn.

"Number 1234!" someone announced at the front of the room. I can't believe it! It was finally my turn! Ok Rhyth, show time.

I walked into the the huge dance studio. In front of the mirrors was a table that sat three people. One of the people was a guy I've seen before. It was Jay. He was a dance teacher at this company. I took classes from him when he taught the lower levels. He looked really happy to see me. He also knew my dance skills. I think he wanted to recommend me too, but only level ten teachers can recommend students. "Finally, I was waiting for you!" he said. "It's great to see you again Rhyth." "What's up Jay?" I said. "I'm super psyche to be here too." He then introduced me to his other two companions. One of them I've seen before too. His was know as Mr.Moves. He was the founder of this company and I heard he really had the "moves" to dance for life. So I guess that's how he got the name. Now the last person, Mark.

Mark looked to be my age or a little bit older. He had really cool red hair tucked inside a cap. Jay told me that he was new in the company. Mark was also one of the trainers for one of the twenty people who will be chosen. Mark looked at me. "Hi," he said. "So you must be the student Rhyth I hear so much about." What, how does he know me. I probably had a confused look on my face. Mark noticed it. "Don't you know?" he asked. "You're probably one of the most talked about students here at the company. I've heard nothing but good things about you and I can't believe I'm finally meeting you. I can't wait to see your skills," he said. "Oh kamsamnida," I said. I blushed a little. Mark was really cute. He really resembled a hip hip dancer in my eyes. He had the clothes, the style, the swag, and the cutest smile ever. Mr.Moves said hello to me and wished me good luck along with Mark and Jay. "Well, show us what you got Rhyth," Mark said. I told the dj the song I'll be dancing to and started it right away. Here I go.

I didn't dance like I had a goal in mind. Which probably sounds weird because, ahem I do have a goal in mind. But, when I do have a goal in mind I happen to forget about it and have fun. I danced with such looseness and freedom along with the rhythm. I even forgot that I had a panel of judges. Eventually the song ended I was feeling really great and really confident.

"So, what did you think?" I asked hoping for a positive answer and reaction. All three judges were wide eyed and in awe. Oh man, did I screw this audition? Did I just prance around like a complete pabo? No, I know that I didn't. They weren't thinking to themselves what a terrible dancer I was, but the complete opposite. I didn't realize that until Mark blurted out the three words. "I want her!"

***Rhyth's audition song: see previous chpt