Home

Dance Sarang

I woke up to the sound of my alarm. I recalled the last day's events. It seemed like yesterday was just a dream. I woke up knowing that Mark and I couldn't do the things that we did yesterday today. I woke up knowing that training was back and that I had to focus on training for the rest of the week. Part of me is still wanting to experience a day like yesterday again. But another part of me wants to train harder and harder. Get stronger and stronger.

I checked my phone for anything from Mark. There wasn't anything from him. I wonder if he woke up feeling the same as me. Thinking about the same things as me. 

I remembered the wishes we both made at the beach. I wonder if they will come true. I want them to come true. I'm hoping they will come true. And I know Mark is crossing his fingers as well. I recalled the part of yesterday when we both had to go home.

~Flashback~

"You keep towels in the trunk?" I asked. We were both soaking wet from playing in the water. I was thinking of an excuse I was gonna give my parents for the reason why I was soaking wet. But when we got out of the water, Mark ran to his car and opened the trunk. He took out towels for the both of us.

"Yup, if I see water, I can never resist." Mark said.

"You sure are Mr. Prepared." I teased.

"Let's head home now." he said. "Our parents are probably wondering where we are."

"I don't think so." I said. "My parents trust you so if I'm ever home late, they know that I'm in good hands."

"Your parents really trust me?" Mark asked. I nodded and smiled at him. We entered the car and headed back home.

"Are you sure you don't wanna ditch training tomorrow?" Mark teased me again.

"Yes I'm sure!" I yelled. "I will never ditch no matter what Mark. The competition is only what, about one or two months away. This is the part of training in which I have to make sure everything is all good for the competition."

"Arrasso." Mark said. "I still wish that this day would last forever though."

I nodded. "Me too." 

"Just curious," Mark said. "But if this day were to last forever, what would you wanna do together?" I considered Mark's question.

"Hmm," I began. "Maybe more missions?" I looked at Mark for his reaction. His eyes went wide as he remembered the mission he gave me.

"Did you..." Mark began. 

"Yup." I interrupted him. He was wondering whether or not I completed the mission. He looked at me like he couldn't believe me.

"Back hug number one," I began. "At the movies when you tied my ribbon." I looked at Mark. His eyes went wide as he realized how he fell for it so easily.

"Back hug number 2," I began. "At the park when we were dancing." He recalled that moment in his mind. His face showed a frustrated expression.

"Hey, that's not fair." he said accusingly. "Dancing is my weakness. You can't use my own weakness against me."

"I don't know Mark," I said. "Did you mention that as a rule for the mission?" Mark opened his mouth to say something, but closed it after he realized that I was in fact right.

"Back hug number three," I continued. "Well I forgot about the last bag hug, so I didn't have a plan for it. But when we were playing in the ocean together and you caught me, well you gave me one." Mark was silent for a while. He looked straight ahead.

"I'm a pabo huh." Mark finally said.

"Yeah you kinda are," I teased. If only he wasn't focused on driving, then he would probably push me over.

"If only we didn't have training tomorrow," I said. "Cuz if we didn't, I would so be looking forward to your next mission for me."

"Yeah," Mark said. "If only we didn't have training tomorrow huh." He turned to me and smiled. I didn't understand what he meant with that smile. 

We got to my house ten minutes later. Surprisingly, I was fully dry. I didn't have to come up with an excuse for why I came home wet. Mark and I got out of the car. We walked to my front door and stopped.

Before I could stop myself from doing so, I threw my arms around Mark. He was surprised from the sudden hug, then put his arms around me as well.

"Thanks for today," I said. "I had fun with you. I hope we can do this again some time." I released myself from him.

"I don't know Rhyth," he said. "You'd probably reject me like you've been doing to me over and over again."

"I'm sorry Mark." I said. He should understand why I was being like that. He knows how committed I am to this goal of mine.

"I know. I forgive you," he said. He paused for a moment. "Danceaholic." He smiled teasingly at me.

"What did you call me?" I asked. 

"That's my new name for you now," he said. "Danceaholic."

I laughed at Mark's cheesy word play. It was supposed to be like workaholic, except in my case it's dance. Oh Mark...

I started to unlock the door to my house. Mark stood back and waved goodbye to me.

"See you tomorrow Mark," I said before I stepped inside my house.

"See you tomorrow Rhyth." Mark replied.