Escape

Dance Sarang

Am I in a movie star's house? Mark's parents look like total celebrities! His mom is one of the prettiest woman I've ever seen and his dad is really good looking. Huh, guess I know who he got his looks from.

You'd think that since his parents look like snobby rich people, that they act like that too. Wrong! They are SUPER nice! This is how it went when I walked in with Mark:

"Hi you must be Rhyth! It's so great to be finally meeting you!" Mark's mom said.

"Mark how can you forget to tell us that she was such a pretty young lady." Mark's dad said.

"Good evening Mr. And Mrs. Tuan," I said while bowing ninety degrees.

"Come join us for dinner and after we'd love to get to know you better." Mark's mom said. Wow, I never knew a smile could get that wide. The good thing is, she doesn't look like she's faking it at all. She seems like those nice cool and chill parents, well minus the over happiness. I like her.

"Oh ok, thank you very much," I feel like bowing the whole time I'm here.

"You don't have to keep bowing to us," His dad said. "Mark tells us a lot about you and by what he tells us, you seem like a very respectful responsible young lady." Is it weird to think that Mark's dad is hot? Eww...

We sat down for dinner and I see that there isn't any food on the table. All of a sudden, chefs started to pop out from nowhere with plates of some of the most delicious looking food I've ever seen! Am in heaven?

Dude, I think I stretched my mouth or something. Shoot! I must've looked like someone who hasn't eaten in a long time. I was stuffing me face like a squirrel and his nuts! I have no words for the food, no words.

They didn't talk much while they were eating. They must be one of those families that respect the food and keep quiet while eating. I didn't mind. The less they talked, the more I could stuff my face.

Ughhh!!! I'm soooo FULL!!! "Ok you can bring the desert now," Mark's mom said to the cooks. WAAATTTT?!?!?! THERE'S DESERT?!?!?!?!

I was frowning at my ice cream. Oh how I wish I can eat you! I wanna eat you soooo badly! It's cookies and cream too! Mark was looking at me weirdly. "What's wrong?" he mouthed. "I'm full!" I mouthed back. All of a sudden Mark's face lit up. "Mom, Rhyth is full and can't her ice cream. Can I have hers?" WAT?!?! No uh uh! Wait! I WILL eat it! "If it's ok with Rhyth then I guess you can have it." his mom said. Don't you dare touch it!!! Mark was looking at me, waiting for me to give it to him. No! I refuse to give him my favorite treat and my best friend in the whole wide world!

Ahhhh!!!!! Must resist Mark's AEGYO!!!!! Darn it! Why couldn't he be normal looking or something?!?! In the end he got my ice cream. I'll get him someday!!!!!

After dinner we all sat down in the living room to talk. "So Rhyth," began his mom. "Are you dating anyone at the time?" Like mother like son. Is that even a saying? 

"Um no, not at the moment," I said. I noticed a little family moment going on when his mom asked me that question. The moment she asked, Mark shot her a mad look and his dad shot her the opposite look. Mark looked really embarrassed. He looked like he was ready to jump out of his seat and run upstairs. Btw, I'm curious of how it looks upstairs....

"Oh really? I thought you did because you're so pretty." Him mom shot me a surprised looking face. They're just trying to be nice to me. I'm really not that pretty. I just look like a regular looking asian girl, that's all.

"Let's watch some TV," Mark said. What's up with him? His parents were looking at each other weirdly, like it has to do with Mark and for some reason, me. Mark switched on the TV to look for something to watch, when Breaking News flashed across the screen. "Warning: Escaped Prisoner on the loose. Beware these areas and if you live near these areas take good caution. Lock up any means of entrance into your homes!" The reporter said. The screen flashed the areas where the prisoner is around. He was around this neighborhood. Oh no.

Mark's dad immediately jumped up from his seat to make sure every door and window is locked. Then after that, he a security system. Of course...... "I don't think it's safe for you to go home yet and I won't let Mark drive when the there's an escaped prisoner in our neighborhod." Mark's mom said. "It's ok mom, we'll be fine when I drop her off at her house." Mark said.

Guess who won? That's right, Mrs. Tuan. Guess who's spending the night at Mark's house? That's right, this girl. And guess who wants to escape right now to her own house? Me!