Forever

Dance Sarang

Mark stared intently at me, as I picked up my chopsticks. It's like he didn't wanna waste a second of this. He ordered many different types of sushi. Some of them looked like little works of art, I had to admit.

I decided on a simple-looking one near me. Mark nodded his head vigorously when I approached it with my chopsticks. I picked it up and put the whole thing in my mouth, considering it wasn't so big and could easily fit in my mouth. Mark's eyes sparkled as he waited for my reaction. I finished chewing and swallowed.

"So? What do you think?" Mark asked. I stared at him. Slowly, the corners of my mouth curved up into a huge smile.

"I love it!" I exclaimed, a little louder than I intended. Mark got up from his seat and did a little dance right then and there. People eyed me weirdly when I yelled, but their eyes went wide when they saw what Mark was doing. 

I shot him a look that motioned towards everyone around us. He immediately stopped and blushed in embarrassment. Oh Mark...

We gouged ourselves in sushi for the past hour or so. When it was time to pay the bill, we did rock, paper, scissors to see who was gonna pay for tonight. 

"Kai, bai, bo!" I said. I chose rock. Mark didn't chose rock, paper, or scissors. He did something else. He made a heart with his hands. I looked at him weirdly. He smiled, knowing he was gonna have to explain.

"You know that expression, Love conquers all?" Mark asked.

"Yeah?" I said. I didn't see his point.

"Well, since love conquers all, and we're playing rock, paper, scissors..." Mark paused. He knew I got what he was trying to say already.

Mark is so cheesy sometimes. I laughed when he was trying to explain to me why he made a heart. The heart symbolized love and since love conquers all, it can even conquer rock, paper, or scissors. Oh Mark...

Since Mark won, by changing the rules of Rock Paper Scissors, he gladly paid for the sushi. I didn't bother arguing with him about adding love in Rock Paper Scissors. I thought it was cute.

We walked out of the restaurant, towards his car. I felt like this day could last forever, but I then realized that there was training again tomorrow. Half of me wanted another day like today with Mark. But the other half of me wanted to continue on with training so I could become stronger for the competition. Mark and I got in the car.

"Rhyth?" Mark said. He snapped his fingers in front of my face. I think I zoned out for a little bit. 

"Yup?" I said after I came back to my senses.

"What's up? You zoned out for a second there." he said. His face showed a somewhat worried somewhat curious expression.

"Nothing. I guess I just wish that this day would last forever. But of course, there's training tomorrow." I said.

"We could always ditch training you know." he smiled mischievously. I pushed him. Mark was just teasing me. He knew I wouldn't ditch training even if there was an earthquake happening. 

"I wish this day would last forever too." Mark said. We both faced in front of us. The sun was almost setting. It was beautiful. All of a sudden, Mark started the car.

"Where are we going now?" I asked Mark.

"Where we can make the day last forever." he replied.

We drove for a good thirty minutes or so. I feel asleep during the ride. Mark shook my shoulder to awaken me from my slumber. I rubbed my eyes to see where we were.

"We're here," Mark said. He got out of the car and came to my side. He opened my door for me. I stepped outside. My feet landed on something that wasn't hard and solid. It was more grainy and soft. It was sand. Mark and I were at the beach.

"What are we doing here?" I asked Mark. He smiled and took my hand. He led me more closer to the water, but just close enough so that it wouldn't touch us. It looked so beautiful, as the sun was setting. It was just about to set when Mark raised our hand high in the air. He turned to me, only to be greeted with by my confused look.

"Make a wish." he said. I turned towards the sunset. Just a few minutes and it would set completely. I thought about what to wish for. There were so many things I could wish for. But then I looked to Mark and knew exactly what to wish for.

"Got it?" he asked. I nodded yes. I yelled out my wish into the sea. Into the sunset.

"I wish Mark and I would be together forever and ever!!!" I yelled.

"I wish Rhyth will be mine forever!" Mark yelled. I laughed at his wish. It was somewhat similar to mine, I gotta admit. Mark laughed back. We looked at each other and it was like we had the same thought it mind.

I ran in the water and squealed because of the coldness. Mark ran after me. We chased each other around in the water. We played and splashed each other in the water, not caring about what time it was or if our parents would worry.

It was just us. Together. Forever.

~Hello! Pretty short chapter, I guess. But don't worry, it will be double update today as I am starting school tomorrow. Stay tuned for the next update for today! ^^ Lol I'm fangirling over this chapter myself. XD Oh and btw, I tried sushi a few days ago. What Rhyth thought was what I thought as well.