Confessions

Dance Sarang

“Rhyth, are you ok?” Mark asked while cautiously walking up to me.

As thankful as I am to him right now, I found myself turning away and walking forward. I should be glad that he saved me, right? But, I don’t know. There’s a feeling inside of me that’s so strong. It’s not a strong feeling of thankfulness, but something else. Something still unknown to me. Something that’s driving me crazy.

“Rhyth? It’s me, Mark. Hey, wait up!” he said while jogging to catch up with me. I kept on walking faster.

“Rhyth! Wait! What’s wrong with you?!” he said. He was frustrated now. He couldn’t take it anymore, so he grabbed my arm and turned me around so I was facing him. He was trying to make me look him in the eye. All of a sudden, he pulled me towards him and hugged me tight.

“You ok? I’m sorry I couldn’t beat him up faster. I haven’t beaten up someone in a while.” he said. He chuckled to try to cheer me up. I wasn’t cheering up. Not even a little bit.

I pushed him away from me, a little harder than I expected. He stumbled back, clearly shocked by my sudden move.

“Hey, what was that for? Rhyth, talk to me.” he said, lifting my chin to face him.

“Mark,” I said. “Just go home.” I started to walk away.

“You’re not telling me something, huh? What’s wrong? You can tell me. You can always tell me, you know.” Mark said. I refused to tell him. Part of the reason is that I don’t want to tell him. But at the same time, I actually have no idea what tell him.

Mark had it with me already. What he did next took me by surprise. When I wasn’t looking, he picked me up wedding bride style and carried me away.

“What are you doing?! Where are you taking me?! Put me down Mark!” I yelled. Mark was pretty strong, so it was hard for me to get loose. But still, I kept struggling to break free. He finally set me down on a bench. He sat down beside me.

“Look, I’m sorry ok? Can you please tell me what’s wrong?” he asked. “Or how about this, why did you just leave the club like that?”

“I just wanted to leave, that’s all. Look Mark, I don’t feel good right now. Can we just forget this day ever happened?” I said. I just wanted to go home and forget this day ever happened. Mark all of a sudden got really angry.

“Why can’t you just tell me what your problem is?!” he yelled. Ok that’s it, I’ve had it already.

“You want to know what my problem is?!” I yelled.

“Yes! Just tell me Rhyth!” he yelled in response.

“My problem is you Mark! You!” There I said it. I didn’t even know I was going to say it. But, all of a sudden I couldn’t stop confessing. Confessing everything that’s been inside of me. Confessing everything I’ve been feeling and holding back inside of me.

“I was angry and frustrated because of you! Ever since you started acting extremely different towards me, I became angrier at you! I really thought that you were different than most guys. When you started to-“ I couldn’t make myself continue.

“What Rhyth?! What?!” he yelled at me to continue. He really wants me to continue doesn’t he? Mark was looking at me with a fierce look, willing me to move on.

“Alright! I was jealous ok!” I blurted out. I didn’t know that I was going to say that. Now that I finally let out what I really feel, I couldn’t deny it. I actually agree. I was jealous. I was jealous and I didn’t even know it. I turned away from Mark. I didn’t want to face him. I don’t want to see his expression. I took a step forward. I was going to make a run for it. I won’t let him stop me. I won’t. I was going to leave, when I felt a hand on my arm. No, he won’t stop me. I won’t let him. I tried to shake his hand free, but he pulled it hard and turned me around. Then, he pulled me forward so that our faces were only inches away from each other.

Then, in one quick motion, he put his hand on my face and pulled it closer to his face. He pressed his lips to mine. Hard.

I couldn’t break free. I actually could’ve if I wanted to. His grip on my face wasn’t that tight. But, a huge feeling in me didn’t want to stop. Didn’t want to leave. I know I should stop. But I didn’t…