Towel

Dance Sarang

The competition was still about 10 months away. Mark and I had plenty of time to come up with choreography. Not to mention, the right song for the choreography.

In the mean time, training has to be done. I have never been this focused in my entire life. Training has given me the drive to work extra hard. It's given me the motivation to achieve my dreams even faster.

A huge part of it has to do with him. Mark. He gives me the support and motivation I need in order to succeed. He always puts a smile on my face. No matter where we are, what we're doing, who we're with. Mark's always there. He's with me every step of the way.

Two months have passed since we started training. Mark and I have a few songs in mind. We also had a few moves in mind.

Whenever we discuss our dance, we never argue about a single thing. When Mark suggests a move to me, I don't disapprove. In fact, I'm all for his ideas. His ideas are what I would've thought of too.

I always stopped to wonder something. In many ways, Mark and I were like the perfect couple. We both had the same passion for dancing. We both had the same ideas when it came to dancing. We're just so perfect in many ways.

But at the same time, we're not perfect. Despite the fact that we have many similarities, there are things in our relationship we just can't perfect. 

I still find Mark getting jealous whenever I was around another guy. It's like, whenever he saw me laughing and smiling when I was talking to another guy, he would immediately walk in and scoop me away. Not literally of course.

It was Friday and we just finished training for the day. I took my bag and put it over my shoulder. I started to drink water. I was so tired. Every song we danced to was so fast-paced. It felt great.

Mark walked over to me and stole my water bottle while I was still drinking it. He started drinking from it. He was smiling as he saw me wipe the water dripping down my chin.

Apparently water got on my cheeks too. Mark went up to me and wiped my face with his towel.

"Yah! Why did you do that? Don't you have your own water bottle?" I said. I punched him in his stomach.

"I finished it already," he said as he continued wiping my face with his towel. He showed me two empty water bottles nearby. Wow. He was that thirsty.

"Wait, what did you use this towel for?" I asked suspiciously. I took it from his hand and took a sniff. Wrong move Rhyth.

I gagged at the horrible smell I just took a whiff of. Mark did not! Tell me he did not just use his sweaty towel to wipe my face with!

Mark smiled at me and stuck his tongue out. He started to run away from me.

"Yah! Get back here! That was so not cool Mark!" I yelled at him. I knew I should be going home right now, but what he did was unacceptable. I chased him around the room.

Apparently, our little chase went out the studio. I chased him upstairs, downstairs, in other studios. I was so tired. I thought of a plan.

I coughed and wheezed as if I was so tired that I could hardly breathe. Mark was way ahead of me, but he was still able to hear me. I collapsed on the ground.

"Mark!" I said while coughing. "I can't do it anymore! I'm done! You win!"

His face started to show worry. He ran back to me and knelt down. He helped me up.

"Are you ok?" he asked. He really looked worried. "Do you need medical attention?"

Mark was so cute at the moment. He looked scared and guilty. Ok, I'm done now Mark. I'm done being an actress for the moment.

I was still holding the sweaty towel, so I slapped it on Mark's face. He didn't see it coming. He gagged when it hit his face.

"That's what you get!" I said. Now it was my turn to stick my tongue out at him. That seems to be a habit in our relationship. Sticking out our tongues out at each other. That's weird.

Our relationship is just so odd sometimes. For some reason, I liked it. I like how our relationship differed from others in many ways. It shows that our relationship was unique.

Mark and I. We were unique.

I laughed at Mark as he recovered from that bad smell. He looked angry. Aww Marky is mad. What are you gonna do about it huh?

What he did next took me by surprise. He picked me up and threw me over his shoulder. I flailed around, trying to get free. It didn't work. Mark always seemed to use this tactic whenever he's mad. He would just carry me and take me wherever he pleased. I hate that. I hate feeling so helpless and weak.

"Yah! Get me down! Ahhh!" I screamed. He ran with me over his back. He didn't let me down until we were back in our studio. He plopped me on the couch.

"Oww!" I said. I stood up and started hitting him. "Don't do that ever again!"

Mark laughed as I tried to hurt him. Curse him and his manliness! Wait what?

I looked at the time. My parents would expect me to be home by now.

"Mark, it's getting late. Everyone left already. I think it's best if we both head home too." I said.

"Rhyth, must you ruin everything? As your trainer, I command you to stay for one more dance with me. Then you're allowed to go." he said.

"Mark you're my trainer, not my boss." I replied. "And what do you mean by ruin everything? I don't ruin everything." 

"Then if you don't ruin everything," he said. He held his hand out to me. "Slow dance with me for one song."

He's kidding right? I don't do that. Rhyth doesn't slow dance. I feel so weird whenever I slow dance. I feel like I'm not doing anything. I'd rather be dancing along to a swag beat. Not a violin or any other classy instrument. That's not my style.

"Mark, you know I don't slow dance." I said.

"Oh come on. Just once Rhyth. Please, for me." Mark said. He pleaded with his eyes. He played the please, for me card. I can't believe it. I hate that card. Why oh why did he have to use it?

"Fine, just this once." I said. Mark played a slow song. I took his hand. We moved along to the slow beat of the song. It felt weird at first. But as the song progressed, I felt more comfortable.

With Mark's hands on my waist, and mine on his shoulders, we moved to the song in complete harmony. Mark spun me out. I spun back into his arms.

I guess it didn't matter what song or kind of music Mark and I danced to. If there's music playing, we would dance together. Perfectly. As one.

~ Here's the song Mark and Rhyth slow danced to:

***Only Exception by, Paramore