Parents

Dance Sarang

"You know, as friends." False alarm, it's not a date. I don't know if I'm glad or disappointed though......"Ok sure," I said. What? My feet never lie! Ok I don't know about that, but you see I'm indecisive right now. Mark smiled and put his arm around me. "Ok let's go then." "Where?" I asked. I was trying to picture where a guy like Mark would go to hang out. Please let it be a quiet chill environment. It's dark out so most people are out partying or something. "How about my house?" Mark said.

No No No No No NO..... Mark + Me + House = NO SIREE BOB!!! I was currently panicking at that moment. I mean, why wouldn't you? He's a guy that I haven't known for long and he's inviting me (A GURL!!) over to his house?!?! No uh uh not happening. "My parents want to meet you. Plus I think it'd be cool for the two of us to hang out to get to know each other better." Again with the getting to know each other better! Wait, forget that! His parents want to meet me?!?! "Um, why do you're parents want to meet me?" I asked. "It's not like I don't want to meet them. It's just...." Yes I was now panicking!!!

"Calm down Rhyth." Mark said. Um how can I? "You're the first person I've ever trained and my parents think it's a memorable thing. You don't have to if you don't want to." Whew! Yes I DON'T want to. "But...," There's a BUT!?! "I suggest you do because my parents have this thing where they ask for something to happen and they prepare it ahead of time because they know that it's gonna happen. You know what I mean?" Yes I do, but I really find it weird meeting his parents.

Why am I so worried? It's not like he's introducing me as his girlfriend or anything. I should just do it to get it over with. I couldn't help but notice that Mark was kind of hoping that I'd say yes. "Ok fine. I'll come to meet your parents." I said. "Awesome sauce!" Huh, another word?

Mark has a CAR. Did you hear me? Not just a CAR, but one of the prettiest cars I've ever seen! Ok another thing to panic over! Sitting next to him in a car! That's gonna be awkward. I have to at least talk to him so he doesn't suspect anything. "It's not that far actually." Oh what a relief! 

We were at his HOUSE! I gotta say, it's HUGE!! Wow, it didn't occur to me that he was RICH! I was just middle class, living in a two story house, a pool, game room, dance room, office.... Ok I'm pretty wealthy myself, but their house is a whole story bigger than ours. "Should I expect anything when I meet your parents," I asked. "Just don't panic and you'll be fine. Just be yourself and I'm sure they'll like you." He said this while smiling at me and grabbing on to my hand!!! Also we were still in the car and only INCHES away from each other! "Ok, let's go then." I said. Gulp.