Bulgarian Bonds

A Twisted Tale of Bloodlines II
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The loads of wooden crates and wagons decorated a Bulgarian harbor where a huge ship the size of a galleon had docked. Everyone in the pier was busy loading and unloading things and men in their work clothes dashed here and there to keep the wharf alive. A two-horse drawn carriage arrived amongst the busy rattles of men, horses, and provisions that came to and from the ship that had just arrived. Two identical-looking ladies alighted from the carriage. They were dressed in black tight pants and coats. 

The overseer of the wharf that belonged to the Ims and the Kwons approached the stunning newcomers to talk to them of the progress that they have been making. “Good day, my ladies.” The old man bowed and greeted as he came. His greeting was met with smiles that could melt the hearts of men. 

“A pleasant day to you too, sir. May I inquire of the progress of our business?” the young Kwon who was appointed as the new co-owner of the business asked. Yoona, who was beside her just smiled and greeted a faint ‘hello’ before setting her sights to the huge ship that was being riddled by busy sailors and workers. Everything seemed chaotic but that was just how things were managed on the dock. Everything had to be fast-paced if they want the work done. 

“My ladies, we have great news. Your cousins had sent you a lot of supplies for your business. They had shipped more crates than before…” the overseer said. 

“Oh…Is that so…I think it’s about time we pay our cousins a visit…Would that be all right, Yuri? I miss them already…” Yoona mused when she heard the progress they were making. 

“I guess we should visit them soon enough…perhaps tomorrow?” Yuri smiled. Her dongsaeng perked up at the sudden suggestion. Then a mischievous grin appeared on the older girl’s face. 

“But you’re supposed to beat me at our skirmish later, Yoong…not to mention we have a case at our hands…” the young Kwon added.

A tired sigh escaped Yoona’s lips before she revealed a playful smile that was similar to Yuri’s very own smirk. “All right, Yuri…” Yoona replied. 

The two young ladies boarded the docked ship that came from England. As they arrived on deck, they were greeted by busy men carrying heavy loads of cargo in the form of sacks, boxes, and small wooden crates. The supplies came straight from the Jung Enterprises that were based on England and directly run by the vampire twins. Yuri and Yoona had fun doing business with their closest cousins. The twins had always sent them a few intriguing gifts from the land of the queen and the twin-like ladies of the Kwon and Im house would send them gifts from Bulgaria in return. 

This time around, the young Kwon and her younger cousin took note of their overseer who led them to a room that only the two vampires could manage to unlock. It was a special room in the deck and the door that opens itself to the room’s secrets could only be opened by the special keys that the members of the royal vampire family possessed. 

Yuri pulled out the special key from her pocket and gave her dongsaeng a knowing look before inserting the key into its intended hole. The overseer had left the two vampires alone as they unlocked the door. Yuri entered the room where her Jung cousins would usually leave something for them. Yoona followed suit as they examined the special room where they bonded with their cousins overseas. 

There was a round table with four seats sitting in the middle of the room. A small package wrapped in velvet cloth sat on the table catching the curiosity of the two girls. Yoona closed the door to the room and followed her beloved cousin towards the table where their precious gift from the Jung twins was. 

Yuri unwrapped the gift as Yoona came beside her. It was a simple black box which further caught the two young ladies’ curiosity. Yoona cautiously opened the box revealing two special heart necklaces inside. It was a special gift from the Jungs and the young Kwon and Im knew that all ten of them have the same piece of jewelry. On the inner lid of the small box that encased the special pendants was a note from the twins. 

The girls silently read the note that their second eldest cousin wrote. It said:

To my dearest twin-like cousins,

Pleasant greetings to you two. We all miss you and everyone was hoping if you two could drop by here in England if you ever wish to go on vacation. Taengoo and I have been busy lately so we both didn’t have a chance to plan out our visit to your estate. Here’s a little something to bond us all. Taengoo and I happened to stumble upon a shop where they sell lovely and unique pendants and this pretty piece of art caught my eye so I urged Taeyeon to buy it for all of us. Tehee. 

This beautiful necklace was named “Bulgarian Bonds” and the first thing that came to my mind were my pretty Bulgarian princesses, Yuri and Yoona. I hope you’re both fine and I would love to see you soon. Please be safe. 

With lots of love,

Jessica Jung Sooyeon

The young Kwon and the energetic Im cocked an eyebrow when they read the letter. They both knew why Taeyeon and Jessica didn’t have the chance to plan a visit to their Bulgarian estate and the two girls reading the letter chuckled at Jessica’s lame excuse to cover up her and Taeyeon’s ‘other plans’ that hindered them from visiting their Bulgarian cousins. 

“Busy, huh…I guess those two were busy in bed when they aren’t having meetings with the nobles of the country…” Yuri remarked as Yoona laughed along. 

“Those two are inseparable, Yuri…” Yoona mused. 

“Unnie…I mean Yuri…Why don’t we try our pendants?”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter