Le Printemps (Spring)

A Twisted Tale of Bloodlines II
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Soojung merely blinked after taking the hand of Winter and she now found herself in a different abode. The place looked solemn and it constantly changed in scenery as if time was at a constant movement within the realm. The young vampire felt small and vulnerable, but she steeled herself and hid her uncertainty.

 

An omniscient voice echoed throughout the place, “What have you brought, Winter?”

 

The deity bowed and replied, “Father. This child is looking for her sisters. She requested me to take her to them.”

 

Soojung found herself humbled by the godly voice. “And you acquiesced to her request?” The voice boomed like thunder, making the young vamp shudder internally.

 

Winter nodded, his silvery locks swayed in the wind. His sharp pupils locked onto the tunnel that had appeared out of nowhere. He turned to Soojung, smiling some, before he faced the tunnel and took a step towards it. Soojung instinctively followed after him and as soon as she had crossed the threshold, the cavern closed on its own, making her turn back in surprise. She was about to turn back when Winter beaconed her to move forth.

 

“Soojung, know that you’re going to be in the presence of one of the most powerful entities known. His rule is simple: once you’ve made a decision, you can never move back. Time keeps moving forward, so you should go with time’s rules.” Winter advised as they exited the tunnel and were ushered into a new realm.

 

When they finally got through the dark cavern, Soojung found herself marveling at the sight of the scenery. Each of the four seasons were depicted in the realm and a few paces before them stood a dais where a godly figure sat. A figure garbed in white satin stood in the presence of the deity and Soojung’s eyes widened when she recognized the silken hair flowing from the figure’s back.

 

The young vampire sprinted from her place before Winter could hold her back from her excitement. “Unnie!!!” Soojung exclaimed as she ran in full speed towards the unsuspecting individual who slowly turned to face her.

 

Sooyeon felt herself being crushed in a pair of arms as the body collided with her, making her teeter backwards before she was able to fully regain her stance. Eyes widened in surprise as the figure pulled away. The young vampire embracing her was familiar. Father Time smiled expectantly while Winter looked on with worry. The deity gave the godly figure a knowing look to which Chronos nodded.

 

“Have I not told you that time creates and destroys things, Winter?” Chronos’ voice broke the silence. Winter nodded at his question, earning a look of inquiry from Soojung.

 

“Who are you?” Sooyeon asked, eyes locked on Soojung’s distracted form. The youngest Jung turned to her older sister, startled and surprised. “I’m your younger sister. My name is Soojung.” The young vampire answered, “Do you not remember?” The older one shook her head, making Soojung understand what the deity seated on the dais meant.

 

Tilting her head, Soojung quizzed the apathetic vampire, “What is your name?” Sooyeon frowned at the sudden question. She casted Chronos a look before facing the other vampire, “My name is Sooyeon. That is what he told me. As for what I am, I cannot recall. All I know is that I’m a child of Winter and that I have a twin and sister. Wait, are you – are you my sister?”       

 

 +++

 

Yoona woke up to find the older vampire missing from her side. Getting up from her makeshift bed, she gathered her cloak in search of the other vampire. Crimson eyes surveyed the dark cave only to find Yuri missing. Yoona ambled towards the entrance of the cavern, finding footprints stalk out into the cold. Taking a peek at the sunless scene, eyes caught the dark figure perched on a large roc

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter