Soir

A Twisted Tale of Bloodlines II
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The night had been spent on a quiet dinner between the three Jung sisters. The other members of their family had already dined along with their guests during the scheduled hour, a little ways before night fell. The hall had grown quiet save for a few servants lingering about to wait on their masters, but Sooyeon had them dismissed to their quarters with the reassurance that the morrow will find their halls kept clean and the dishes washed.

 

No one dared question the Vampire Lord when she and her sisters would take on the task. Besides, Taeyeon had known most of them from childhood, had worked with them when she had been positioned as a mere bodyguard for her very own sisters.  They had been kind to her, some a little bit less, given that she was quite the mischievous little girl she was back then, but now that she was their lord, they had grown to respect and fear her, for her raw power and the bond she possesses with her twin sister, one that had wrecked the Wolf Clans and had sent them running with their tails tucked between their legs.

 

“What made you decide, Taeyeon?” Sooyeon queried over a warm bowl of soup.

 

“Something lies within that war-torn land. There is a reason why the sorcerers had broken the pact now despite the thousands of years that they have maintained peace. Something must have happened. Something related to when we were lost in that other world. The three of us.”

 

Soojung kept mum, eyes remained on her plate where Sooyeon had placed a slab of meat coated with dark-red sauce. She had begun to quietly slice the piece of meat, tasting the rich flavor of the tenderness melting in . Yet, despite her stoic manner, her older sister knew she was listening.

 

“Something bothers you, Soojung.” Sooyeon pointed out, awakening Soojung from her reverie.

 

“Ah,” Soojung met her sister’s gaze, “I had just severed my blood bond with Juhyun.”

 

This earned a gasp from Sooyeon while Taeyeon gently placed her fork on the plate, the eldest twin’s attention now fully focused on the timid youngest who felt burdened by her older siblings’ stares.

 

“But why?” Sooyeon inquired, worried of her younger sister’s state of mind.

 

Taeyeon remained mum, but Soojung could feel her older sister’s tensed demeanor.

 

“Juhyun is sick because of me.” Soojung explained, “She cannot have her blood shared by two other vampires. Right now, she is fighting Yoona’s will from within her. And my blood in her veins has added to her struggles. I cannot bear to see her suffer more than what she has now. And so, I had decided to end a part of her suffering.”

 

Taeyeon stared at her for a while before speaking up, “So, Yoona and Juhyun are now bonded by blood?”

 

Soojung nodded.

 

“Then, what of your blood bond?” Taeyeon questioned further.

 

“I am still deeply bonded to you, unnies, especially to Sooyeon-unnie who has been lending me blood ever since I was young. Our familial blood bond is unique and enigmatic. I still cannot figure out how all three of us are well despite feeding from one another.” Soojung tried to explain, “It may have stemmed from the fact that all three of us had visited that othe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter