Blood will Spill

A Twisted Tale of Bloodlines II
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Taeyeon’s eyes widened upon the visions she had just received. A tear came down from her right eye as she broke away from her reverie. She was met with a worried look coming from her twin. Taeyeon faced her sister and stared into her crimson orbs.

“Soojung…” Taeyeon muttered.

A gasp came from her twin’s lips as she mentioned the maknae’s name. “No! No way!” Jessica suddenly burst out as she began to cry. Taeyeon could only hold her in a tight embrace as her twin sobbed relentlessly.

“It can’t be, Taeyeon! It shouldn’t have happened if we were there!” Jessica sobbed as she buried her face into Taeyeon’s shoulder.

They were at the empty harbor trying to sense the presence of their cousins who were troubled at sea. The two heiresses of the vampire kingdom were about to cast their spell to determine Sooyoung and Hyoyeon’s whereabouts when a vision of Krystal being taken away began to trouble them in their thoughts.

“Shhh…. Calm down, Sooyeon. We’ll get her back.” Taeyeon softly whispered as she rubbed her twin sister’s back to comfort her. “First, we need to make sure that Sooyoung and Hyoyeon are safe…”

Jessica managed to calm down a bit after hearing Taeyeon’s reassurance and comforting words. She wiped away the tears clouding her vision and slowly pulled away from her twin. “I’m all right now… Let’s do this, Taeyeon…”

With a sad smile, Jessica proceeded to chant a spell that enables her to connect herself and Taeyeon with their cousins who were battling the sea. Taeyeon took hold of Jessica’s hand and intertwined their fingers before joining in the incantation. Their twin ‘Bulgarian Bonds’ necklaces glowed a sapphire glint in response to the enchantments.

A few hundred miles away from the harbor, Hyoyeon and Sooyoung found themselves exhausted from their ordeal. Now that the storm had passed, they weren’t sure if the sailors were still alive on the decks after Sooyoung had weakened substantially despite Hyoyeon’s provision of blood supply. Hyoyeon, too, had weakened to a point where she could not muster to use her own element.

Their grandfather had tended to their weak bodies by covering them with a thick blanket and keeping them warm through his fatherly embrace. The two young vampires had almost fallen asleep when their necklaces glittered an alluring blue tint and apparitions of their cousins appeared in mid air.

“Hyo! Soo! And Grandpa! Are you all right?” the twins chorused as their ghostly figures softly landed on the wooden floor. The two young vampires being cuddled by their ancestor awakened in surprise at the two visions that stood before them.

“Taeyeon and Sooyeon?” Hyoyeon’s voice sounded weak as a result from being drained by her cousin.

“We sensed you through the necklaces we gave you…” Taeyeon explained.

“Hyo… Can you still use your affinity? I know you’re weakened right now but we can only help you if you could still manage to teleport…” Jessica’s melodious voice soothed them.

“I – I don’t think I can bear the use of my powers right now… I need blood…” Hyoyeon responded meekly. She found it even hard to speak in her current state and Sooyoung was too weak to mutter a single word. The Choi just watched the twins’ apparitions with hopeful eyes. Seeing her cousins was a relief to her.

Hyoyeon’s gaze turned to her cousin. Sooyoung was too weak leaving Hyoyeon no choice but to turn to her grandfather with expectant eyes.

“Grandfather…” Hyoyeon’s voice trailed off in hesitation.

White Tiger saw the plight of his own descendants. The two vampire guardians have fought well and hard. They have been through so much. 

“I think I can teleport using the flames…” White Tiger said as he met the gaze of his Kim descendant. Taeyeon and Jessica eyed their grandfather with hopeful eyes as the old man took hold of the two weakened vampires.

“What are you planning to do, my granddaughters?” the vampire ancestor asked the two apparitions.

Taeyeon and Jessica stared at each other before the elder one of the twins spoke of her plan, “We will amplify your powers, grandpa. Your teleportation will lead you to us. We are standing at the English harbor right now…”

At the eerily quiet harbor, Taeyeon and Jessica momentarily stared into each other’s crimson orbs before they faced the apparitions before them. Taking a deep breath, Jessica began to cast a spell she knew would only work if she and Taeyeon could put it together.

“Aut viam inveniam aut faciam…” Jessica began.

“I will either find a way or make one…” Taeyeon mused.

“Let a path open wide for the fire that will bring forth our loved ones to us.” The twins chorused as they channeled their energy onto the apparitions before them. White Tiger used it as a signal to use his affinity. He engulfed himself and his beloved descendants in flames before allowing his affinity to have them evaporate in the air just like how smoke dissipates.

The apparitions of Taeyeon and Jessica disappeared as well leaving the now derelict ship without a trace of a living thing for all of the crew had escaped in a small boat after experiencing a strange phenomenon on board the ship. The humans thought the Marie Celeste was cursed.

A few hundred miles onto England’s empty harbor, stood two vampires waiting for the arrival of their family members. A few minutes have past and still there was no sign of their ancestor and their cousins. Taeyeon held her sister’s hand tightly as if her life depended on it. Jessica scrunched up her face upon feeling the pain that her sister was unconsciously giving her.

“Taengoo…You’re grip is too tight…” Jessica said as she gave her sister’s hand a squeeze to which Taeyeon responded by loosening her grip on her twin.

“Sorry, Sooyeon-ah.” Taeyeon mused as she removed her hand from the younger girl’s own and replaced it around Jessica’s waist.

The younger Jung relished the warmth beside her as she saw a huge force of wind coming towards them from the sea. Taeyeon protectively covered her younger twin as the massive gust of air passed them. The two vampires slowly pulled away from each other only to see that their great ancestor and their cousins were sprawled before them.

Taeyeon and Jessica gave out a sigh of relief and smiled at one another before coming to aid their exhausted cousins. “It’s nice to see you again, grandfather.” The twins said while giving their ancestor a hug before they turned their attention to aiding their cousins.

“I got you, Hyoyeon-ie…” Jessica said as she carried her cousin onto her back.

Taeyeon, on the other hand, assisted Sooyoung by using her body for the tall Choi to lean on while walking. They were about to leave the area when a man’s voice bellowed from the shadows.

“It’s amazing to witness a vampire’s powers with your very own eyes…” A burly middle aged man revealed himself to be the hunter that Jessica had encountered back at the Yard.

“What do you want from us?” Taeyeon demanded, her voice was stern and impatient.

“We have something you have, Princess… but we won’t give her back unless one of you give yourselves up to us…” A smug grin came on his now scarred face as he gave away his intentions.

“I don’t think you’re in a position to negotiate, hunter… You think catching one of us will give you control over this game? There’s more to the game you’re playing, hunter. The werewolves are coming and they will not make this place any peaceful than what you’ve hoped for…” Taeyeon warned before she and her family dissipated in flames much to the awe and fear on the hunters that hid within the shadows prepared to strike the vampires down.

They didn’t expect Taeyeon to be quick-witted in leaving the dangerous situation and as much as they had the royal family’s youngest member, they were still afraid to touch her for fear that the vampires will annihilate them in one swipe.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter