Blue Eyes

A Twisted Tale of Bloodlines II
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Transylvania, Romania (Five years ago…)

Jessica’s name was still Sooyeon at that time since they were still in Romania. The Jung twins and most of their cousins were in their early teens at that time. The twins still went about their usual rituals from sleeping together without any clothes on to bathing together. They were basically inseparable as each day passed. The twins would usually ride their horses to the meadows not far away from the castle at dusk. They had loved seeing the sun set in the horizon. 

Taeyeon would usually lead her younger twin into the middle of the amaranth-filled meadow. They would usually sit side by side and watch as the last streaks of daylight disappear. Sooyeon would usually rest her head on her elder twin’s shoulder as they share the sweet moment of silence together. 

Both girls would feel their breath hitch whenever they made skin contact. Taeyeon’s heart would usually flutter every time her younger twin touches her. Sooyeon would feel the same thing whenever she’s near Taeyeon. There were times when they would make eye contact whenever they talk. An awkward silence would usually ensue as they lose themselves into each other’s crimson orbs. 

It was on one of those usual afternoons when the twins were seated in the midst of the blooming red amaranth where they waited for the sunset that they had found out that there was something more between them than just a sisterly relationship. The two girls looked at each other and Taeyeon found herself staring at the luscious lips of her twin sister. The younger Jung’s soft lips seemed to draw the eldest like a magnet. Sooyeon noticed her twin’s face drawing near as each second ticked. 

She realized she had been holding her breath as Taeyeon’s lips captured hers in a deep long kiss just as the sun began to set. The sudden kiss had surprised Sooyeon but as her sister’s lips lingered on hers, Sooyeon began to like it more and more. Taeyeon had kissed Sooyeon and Sooyeon had kissed Taeyeon back. 

The atmosphere had become awkward when they had finally pulled away. Silence filled them as each girl tried to avoid making eye contact. Sooyeon set her eyes on the blooming amaranth while Taeyeon turned her sights towards the sunset. Both girls were blushing to the point where their ears turned red. 

“Sooyeon-ah…” Taeyeon finally managed to say. “I’m sorry for being so sudden…” 

A tint of pink appeared on Sooyeon’s face. She really didn’t mind when Taeyeon kissed her, in fact, she liked it very much. “It’s all right, Taeyeon-ah…I think we should go back…” 

Taeyeon just stared as her younger twin stood up and ran away without waiting for her. She was stunned as she saw Sooyeon’s figure disappear in the distance. ‘Sooyeon…’ The eldest Jung had wanted to yell but couldn’t. 

With her face still blushing from the sudden kiss, Sooyeon ran away from her twin sister. She was confused now and she didn’t want her elder twin to know about it. She made the excuse of going back to the castle but she had accidentally run in the opposite direction. 

“Sooyeon…Sooyeon-ah…” she heard her name being called. It was about time her twin had called out to her. “Sooyeon-ah…you’re heading the wrong way!” the all too familiar voice called out yet again. She could feel Taeyeon chasing after her. 

Still, Jung Sooyeon didn’t want to listen. She needed to recollect her thoughts and straighten them out. She was too overwhelmed by the sudden turn of that one event that would make her realize what that fluttery feeling was and it made her uneasy.

She continued heading for the woods where uncertainty lurked in the shadows. Sooyeon needed time to herself. She needed time to think and she needed to clear her thoughts about her feelings and about what had transpired. “Sooyeon! Look out!” she heard Taeyeon yell. The younger twin had just looked in time to see a sword headed her way. 

On impulse, the young Sooyeon summoned ice guards on her forearms as she attempted to block the attack. To her surprise, she found herself being tossed away by a great force that came with the swinging sword. Her opponent was not an ordinary person, it was a vampire hunter that must’ve tracked them down. Sooyeon had been hit hard and fast and as much as she had wanted to retaliate, everything around her dimmed including the very last face that she saw – the face of her worried twin sister, Jung Taeyeon. 
 

 

***

 

Jung Castle, Transylvania, Romania

The young maknaes were enjoying their quiet afternoon tea with Lady Jung as they waited for their eldest unnies to come home. Juhyun had caught something in the air which made her stand up without a word. Lady Jung and Soojung stared at her with curiosity but before Juhyun could say a word, Yuri and Yoona came panting into the room with grave news. 

“Aunt Jung…Taeyeon…and Sooyeon…” Yuri managed to blurt as she tried to catch her breath. Yoona motioned for everyone to follow her and upon instinct everyone headed downstairs to see the arrival of the Jung twins in the castle courtyard situated before the entrance to the Jung castle’s great hall. 

What they saw when they reached the entrance to the castle was a horrifying sight. Taeyeon had just arrived on horseback while Jessica’s steed followed. The eldest twin was covered in blood. She had a murderous aura about her, but what scared everyone the most was the apathetic look she showed to everyone present. 

Taeyeon was holding an unconscious Sooyeon who rested her head on her twin’s chest. By now, Taeyeon’s cousins had arrived to see her. Lady Jung had come with her youngest daughter and Juhyun. She was alarmed by the sight. Soojung and Juhyun couldn’t believe their eyes. Their loving Taeyeon unnie was gone. The Taeyeon before them now was a different person. 

There was something else that changed in the eldest Jung daughter. Her eyes had changed as the maknaes have noticed. Taeyeon’s warm crimson orbs have disappeared. It was replaced by cold blue eyes instead. Her eyes resembled the unique alluring blue eyes of the Jung ancestor. 

“Unnies! What happened?” Soojung managed to break the silence. Taeyeon jumped off her horse with Sooyeon in her arms. Her deadly blue eyes fell onto the brave maknae.

“Unnie…” Soojung called out again. “Your eyes…they’re blue…”

‘Unnie…your eyes…they’re blue…’ The statement that the youngest Jung blurted took everyone out of their trance. Now they realized that there was really something that has changed from the eldest Jung daughter but they soon dismissed it knowing that the twins needed a hand.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter