The Eastern Vampires

A Twisted Tale of Bloodlines II
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

The great vampire throne room was filled with gossip and assumptions while having the noble families gathered in wait. Sooyoung, Hyoyeon, Soonkyu, Miyoung, Juhyun, and Soojung were engrossed in a heated discussion when the grand doors of the room opened and in walked the two current rulers of the night kingdom.

 

“Sorry for making you wait,” Taeyeon addressed them as she sat on her respective throne while Sooyeon took her place on the other one beside it. “Now, let’s discuss on the plans with the East. I will have to send you through a portal to make things easier and to make travel a little lighter.”

 

“So, are we using my powers?” Hyoyeon asked, wary of what she would be tasked to do, “You know that I cannot just teleport everyone at such a great distance!”

 

Taeyeon nodded calmly, not really helping with her cousin’s concern, “We will find a way to make it easier for you. They have told us of sorcerers and their powers. Those who will be going, will have to be extra careful of these beings. They might have the same powers as we do, and maybe even stronger. So, I would advise you all to choose your fights carefully.”

 

“I will reactivate the power of the Bulgarian Bonds so that we can keep track of everyone there.” Sooyeon said as she looked at each, and every one of her cousins.

 

“When do we get to leave on the journey though?” Miyoung asked, wondering how long they will have to prepare and how long they get to stay in the East. “Soonkyu and I have packed enough supplies for a month-long trip.”

 

“You will have to wait until the two prodigal daughters awaken. For now, it would be best to train with those familiar with the East.” Sooyeon replied, as she leaned back in her seat.

 

“What?!” Everyone else save for those on the throne were more than dumbfounded.

 

“We do not know the enemy. Our guests knew them for sure. They will teach you how to fight them. I will inform them tomorrow about our plans.” Taeyeon said with finality before she stood up, followed by Sooyeon. “Go back to your chambers. The night is still high in the horizon. You still have a few more hours to rest before we all start another day.”

 

The rest of the vampire cousins sighed and bowed in obedience to their lord and lady. Everyone left the throne room save for Soojung, who stood her ground and waited for her elder sisters.

 

Sooyeon descended the dais where the thrones rested and took her youngest sibling’s hand in her own. “Come, Soojung. You need to sleep.” She said as she led the younger one by the hand with Taeyeon following them behind as they exited the grand hall.

 

A tug on her hand prompted Sooyeon to stop in her tracks as Soojung called her, “Unnie…”

 

“Something on your mind, Soojungie?” Sooyeon turned to her sister. Taeyeon stopped beside Soojung, her attention landing on the youngest member of the Royal Vampire Family.

 

“May I join our cousins on their expedition?”

 

This made Taeyeon and Sooyeon step back in surprise. Such a request had never crossed either of their minds. Soojung was a little more reserved than before, but neither of the twins had expected her to be quite the thrill-seeker.

 

Recovering from her shock, Taeyeon managed to speak up, “What made you decide that, Soojung?”

 

“I thought I might be able to see my purpose when I reach that land. Besides, sending me along with them is like sending someone of authority, somebody who represented the great Vampire Lord of the West. After all, I am your heiress until you and Sooyeon-unnie would have a proper heir to the throne.”

 

“But I will not have you put in danger, Soojung.” Sooyeon cupped her beloved sister’s face, “I cannot risk having you far away from me. Not having you by my side just as I have returned. Besides, have we not learned from what had happened to you in the past? When they took you away from us back then?!”

 

“Your Sooyeon-unnie is right, Soojung-ah. I do not want any of my beloved siblings away from me again. Perhaps, we can all go and make our presence known to the East when all is settled here.” Taeyeon added.

 

Soojung lowered her gaze to the floor, dejection was evident in her countenance. “But, unnies… I feel that it is my destiny… but would you give me the chance to spar with the guests in the morning if you would not allow me to go with them?”

 

The twins sighed in relief when Soojung simply backed down with her decision on her own, so after sharing a knowing look, they both decided to concede to Soojung’s odd request of sparring with their guests.

 

“My dearest Soojung, I would not want you to go to the East, but I would not hinder you from entertaining our guests.” Sooyeon finally spoke up as she took Soojung’s hand in hers, rubbing the younger one’s delicate palm with her thumb. “I think Taeyeon would be delighted that you’re taking your time to prepare yourself by training with our guests. They could teach you a thing or two.”

 

Soojung smiled at this and gently squeezed her elder sister’s hand. “Thank you, unnies.” They all retired into their shared bedchambers after that. Soojung missed the worried looks that her elder sisters shared as they entered the room though.  

 

+++

 

The next morning, the guests had awakened to servants knocking at their bedroom door, announcing breakfast. They washed up, were brought clean Western garments, and ushered to the grand dining hall where the Western Royal Vampire Family awaited them.

 

“I could get used to this,” whispered Sunyoung to Jinri as they took their designated seats.

 

“Please,” Taeyeon had stood and welcomed them to the table, “have breakfast with us. I know you have been famished from your long journey. We will discuss important matters on full stomachs so help yourself to the food laid out for you. I will have to talk to Lord Qian afterwards while the others may have the pleasure of exploring the training grounds.”

 

The guests gave each other a knowing look before they tucked into their meals. The meal had been a quiet one, quite tense for the family and their guests. Each stuck their gazes to their respective food, but their other senses were attuned to their neighbors at the table. Everyone finished their breakfast at a timely manner, with Sooyoung finishing first, excusing herself to proceed to the training grounds. Miyoung and her fellow archer, Soonkyu got up next, bowing and thanking the Vampire Lord and her Queen for the meal they have hosted.

 

The rest finished up at the same time. Taeyeon took a sip from her goblet before addressing the table.

 

“I suppose everyone’s ready for a morning exercise while I take a walk and discuss important matters with Lord Qian.”

 

Taeyeon helped Sooyeon from her seat before pressing her lips to her twin’s cheek in a show of affection for the others to see. For Sooyeon, it was also a way for her elder twin to exhibit Taeyeon’s possessiveness, implying that she is Taeyeon’s half. Sooyeon smiled back when Taeyeon pulled away, “See you on the grounds, my love.” She mused before she nodded for the others to rise and follow her.

 

The rest of the guests and family followed suit, leaving behind Lord Qian who stood behind the Vampire Lord.

 

“What is it that you would wish to discuss with me, Lord Kim?” Qian asked, wondering.

 

The Vampire Lord turned to her, “Come. Let us head to the outer wall for some fresh air.”

 

+++

 

The training grounds were almost empty when the nobles and their guests arrived. The soldiers had been given a leave to head back to their families while the others were

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter