That Winter, When the Wind Blew

A Twisted Tale of Bloodlines II
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

One Year Later… after the Great Vampire-Werewolf War

 

The Jung castle had been restored along with the other vampire estates that had been touched by the war. A great ball was being held tonight as it was to be the first anniversary of the war that had been valiantly fought by thousands of vampires, many of whom whose memories were being celebrated on this night.

 

The Elders were to be the hosts of the night’s festivities, much to the delight of the vampires. It had been centuries since White Tiger and Rika Kim had graced the halls of their domain. The Vampire Lord, Taeyeon and Sooyeon’s father, had graciously stepped down from his throne to hand over the crown to his next in line. The occasion was to be made special for the First Vampires themselves would be the ones presenting the crown to the heir.

 

Amidst the festive atmosphere inside the great hall, Yoona found herself absentmindedly strolling down the empty and dark corridors of the castle. She had been expecting someone to arrive after such a long time of separation. A sigh left her lips when she couldn’t sense the said vampire anywhere in the castle.

 

Yoona, clad in a luxurious red gown, carefully shuffled towards the balcony, unfazed by the wintry chill that greeted her after having stepped forth outside. White flakes landed on her silken locks, tarnishing their chestnut glow with their blanched nature. A sigh left Yoona’s lips as she reveled in the quiet scenery, closing her eyes to take in the solemn moment.

 

“It’s been a year.”

 

Yoona opened her eyes, turning to stare at a lovely maiden slightly taller than her, the newcomer’s dress as pure as the winter itself. A hum escaped Yoona’s lips in reply as the newcomer leaned against the balustrade beside her.

 

“Her connection with me is getting weaker…”

 

Another sigh escaped Yoona before she turned to address her company, “Juhyun, she’s probably lurking around, watching us as of the moment.”

 

“Yes, I remember when she suddenly appeared right in time when some wolf had tried to strike you down when you were caught off guard. I can’t forget how she did that a year ago. It just felt like yesterday.” It was Juhyun’s turn to sigh this time around.

 

A sad smile appeared on Yoona’s face, “But she disappeared just when we had won the war.”

 

“She’ll come back, unnie.” Juhyun assured patting Yoona’s back. “Shall we head in? We have visitors to welcome and I’m sure Taeyeon-unnie won’t bother addressing them in her current state.”

 

Yoona’s smile turned into a solemn expression at the mention of the older vampire’s name.

 

“She’s still at the family crypts, isn’t she?” Yoona asked as she wrapped her arm around Juhyun’s, allowing herself to be pulled by the younger vampire.

 

“She’s not coming up from there soon, unnie. Taeyeon-unnie might have dressed up for the occasion, but she’s not willing to show up until the ceremony starts.”

 

“C-Can we come s-see her?”

 

“We can, but let’s be polite and greet the guests first, shall we? This is the least we could do as members of the Royal Family.”

 

“You’re right.”

 

***

 

“Jung Sooyeon.”

 

Pallid fingers gingerly golden locks.

 

“It’s been a year already.”

 

The fingers lightly brushed away the stray forelocks blocking the hand’s owner of true beauty.

 

“I miss you, Sooyeon. My Sooyeon.”

 

A stray tear rolled down porcelain skin, landing on a cold pale cheek.

 

“Sooyeon, come back to me. Please…”

 

The figure clad in a black gossamer gown hunched over the one laid on the soft cot placed on the stone-carved bier. The vulnerable sight of the future Vampire Lord lying on top of a body dressed in white satin was what welcomed both Yoona and Juhyun when they got down to the death chamber.

 

Yoona and Juhyun simply stared at the pitiful sight before them, unable to tear their eyes away from their soon-to-be ruler who was currently mulling over her unresponsive partner. Sooyeon looked as cold and pale as death. She hasn’t awakened from her comatose state for a year already and everyone in the kingdom, even their own parents and the Elders, had deemed Sooyeon as gone – dead. But contrary to what everyone had believed, Taeyeon and her cousins didn’t accept Sooyeon’s death, especially Taeyeon.

 

Juhyun remembered how Taeyeon told their family that she h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter