Chasing the Sun

A Twisted Tale of Bloodlines II
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Taeyeon didn’t know what was happening to her. She didn’t know why she had been suddenly transferred to this place, wherever this was. Everything seemed bright – too bright for her own liking. She found herself standing on a field of tall grass, under the mercy of the scorching heat.

 

“What happened? Where’s Sooyeon?” Taeyeon asked aloud before yelling as she moved forward, “Sooyeon! Where are you?”

 

It felt like a whisper, the wind. The soft breeze lured the tall grass into a hypnotizing dance. And among these golden brown fold, stood the vampire in solitude, desperate for company. Taeyeon moved forward, listless, undirected yet fear was kept controlled in her eyes, eyes that took a dull shade of crimson, as if the light of life in her eyes had fully left her.

 

Taeyeon walked, her body oblivious to the touch of the grass as she moved about. She was more concerned of her own whereabouts, and the whereabouts of others especially her mate.

 

The wind whispered to her once more. And again, it fell on deaf ears.

 

***

 

Sooyoung found herself trembling in fear upon seeing a familiar glint in Taeyeon’s eyes. Those were the very eyes she saw in that derelict shack a few days before the great war. It struck fear into her soul when she recalled what Taeyeon had done to their enemies that day.

 

 “Do you know what happens when fire loses its grip, Sooyoung? I’ll show you.”

 

Much to Sooyoung’s horror, her cousin emerged from their hiding place and made her presence known to their enemies who had taken refuge from the snow storm. Jack the Ripper, who had been making himself comfortable on one corner of the room, stood surprised at the sudden appearance of a vampire in their midst.

 

“Who are you?” The Ripper inquired, brows furrowed as he signaled his comrades to be wary of the seemingly dazed vampire.

 

Taeyeon, eyes still trapped in apathy, smiled in a sinister manner. “Me? How revolting of you to not know who I am.”

 

The vampire earned growls in response. The Ripper, apparently their pack leader, raised a hand to keep his comrades from making brash decisions. He frowned at the words said by the lone vampire. Who would be stupid enough to face all fifteen werewolves alone?

 

Sooyoung shivered in fear from her hiding place. Should she get out of hiding and urge Taeyeon to escape a sure death? Or should she just keep hiding and serve Taeyeon better should the Jung be overpowered by the wolves? The second option proved to be more advantageous than being reckless.

 

Taeyeon had been so reckless despite the fact that she was inflicted with something unnatural, which Sooyoung could attest to, after seeing those strange eyes.

 

The petite vampire took a step forward, earning guarded growls from her adversaries. The wolves closest to her took a step back, snarling at her as soon as her foot landed on the floor. Taeyeon’s lips turned into a thin line, her brows furrowed. “It’s a shame that you do not know me. Your kind has wanted me dead for so long…”

 

Without warning, Taeyeon cast a fire ball towards the nearest wolf. Her first victim was violently pushed past the wooden wall, his whimpers of pain resounding as the fire burned his flesh. Smoke and burnt fur and flesh invaded everyone’s nostrils as Taeyeon claimed her first victim.

 

Sooyoung cowered in fear as she watched Taeyeon unceremoniously take her next victim. Jack the Ripper told his subordinates to retreat, fear catching him in a vice-like grip as he staggered towards the door. Taeyeon saw his attempt at retreat and a smirk formed on her hypnotized face. Her eyes burned and as he looked into those hollowed pools, he saw his own reflection catch fire.

 

The wolves whimpered in fright as Taeyeon took hold of their leader neither touching him nor lifting a finger. Her sight turned to the remaining twelve wolves, who were now scattered about the small cabin. The howls of winter came roaring into the hut, making their movements hard to manage as the cold came biting against their muscles.

 

Jack the Ripper screamed amidst the tongues of fire burning him, “WHAT ARE YOU STANDING THERE, YOU COWARDS! GET HER!”

 

The wolves hesitantly morphed into their beastly forms, their fear somehow replaced by fear of having their leader’s wrath. They circled the lone vampire, who remained unfazed and unmoved. Taeyeon’s smile sent creeping shivers down their spine as her gaze shifted from one wolf to the next whilst they circled her, taunting her in a deadly dance. Then, her eyes landed on the struggling Ripper, her sinister grin widening before she burst into blue flames.

 

The flames erupted from her form, consuming everything in its path, deleting the wolves from existenc

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter