Sense

A Twisted Tale of Bloodlines II
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Juhyun felt strange. There was something bothering her mind as she walked the halls of the castle. She felt her vision blur as she turned a corner. Her body felt warm and sweat began to cover her temple. Just as she leaned against the cold, stone wall for support, Hyoyeon had come upon her.

 

“Juhyun?” Hyoyeon got closer, worried about Juhyun’s condition. “You don’t look well.” She placed a hand over Juhyun’s forehead and frowned at the warmth of Juhyun’s skin. “You have a fever.” Hyoyeon quickly offered her assistance, helping Juhyun to lean against her body before leading her towards the nearest bedchamber.

 

“I’m feeling a little dizzy, unnie.” Juhyun managed to blurt out before she was helped to settle on the bed.

 

“Rest, dear. You must have been too tired from the day’s meetings.” Hyoyeon pointed out as she tucked in the younger vampire. “I will send for someone to bring a basin of water and some towels for you.”

 

“Thank you, unnie.” Juhyun replied meekly before she succumbed to sleep.

 

+++

 

The Jungs had stopped at one of the villages surrounding the castle. The twins and their youngest sibling were welcomed by the humble smallfolk who were delighted to finally have some sense of stability in their lives after the war between the vampires and the werewolves. They were a mélange of humans and vampires alike, living in harmony under the vampire twins’ rule. Much had to be repaired of the village despite the peace that had settled and Taeyeon had dismounted from her destrier to see to the repairs needed within the village. People had momentarily stopped their work to greet her as she had passed by, leading her large horse.

 

Sooyeon had remained saddled alongside her sister, leading their march towards the village square as spritely children ran beside them with smiles and cheers. Some of the merchants and smiths had bowed as they had passed, muttering thanks and praises for their good governance and for ending the chaos and fear that had once ruled the land. Most of the old men expressed their appreciation for Sooyeon’s return because for them, it had been her return to life that had given back their Good Lord Taeyeon’s resolve and strength to restore peace and order within the kingdom. Some old women had wished Sooyeon good tidings, praying that she and Taeyeon be blessed with heirs and heiresses of their own.

 

Sooyeon cast them all a grateful smile, telling the women that their line of succession would still thrive with Soojung as the Crown Princess while she is not yet with Taeyeon’s child. The humans wonder if it is possible for Taeyeon and Sooyeon to have descendants of their own flesh and blood, to which Sooyeon kindly implied that it was, with her sister’s unique gift bestowed upon her by the gods.

 

“Your Grace, we wish you great health and the blessing of children in the years to come. We pray such to the gods that have brought you back to us.” One old woman said as she bowed to the vampire mounted on the large steed.

 

Sooyeon smiled down to the woman and held the old lady’s hand, “I appreciate the kind words, my lady. I wish you a long prosperous life as well under my rule. Do not hesitate to present to court your grievances when they arise. Our castle doors are always open to you.”

 

The old woman bowed once more as Sooyeon released the woman’s hand and followed after her younger sibling, who remained quiet and detached to everyone else around her. Soojung had merely nodded and smiled faintly at their loyal subjects who had come to greet them, but she had not remained too long to listen to the flattery made by the smallfolk as they passed by.

 

Taeyeon was already upon the village square when Sooyeon, Soojung, and their soldiers had arrived. The eldest vampire twin was seated on the stone bench lining the village square, her large destrier standing behind her as she entertained the children with her small fire tricks. A small blue flame was dancing on her palm, much to the young audience’s marvel. But the bright azure flame began to freeze and became encased in crystalline ice much to everyone’s surprise.

 

“Only ice can tame the flames, my little golden stars.” Sooyeon’s gentle voice shifted the flabbergasted children’s attention as the younger twin vampire walked up from behind them. Taeyeon’s smile grew as she caught sight of her mate and her beloved. Soojung was like a shadow right behind Sooyeon as the crowd of children parted for them. Taeyeon held the frozen flame in her hand and presented it to Soojung, who merely dispersed the little thing in her palm, eliciting groans from the children.

 

A chuckle escaped Soojung’s lips, much to the twins’ surprise as the youngest Jung turned to address the young audience. “Would you like to see an even more marvelous spectacle?”

 

The children nodded and some cheered in enthusiasm, “Yes, my Lady!”

 

“All right, look closely.” Soojung said as she cupped her palms just enough for the children to see. Her hands glowed, a hypnotic blue before it glimmered white and from her palms sprung forth little blue snowflakes that never melted in the heat. “Take one, little ones, and be on your way. It is dusk now and I am sure your mothers are waiting for you at the dinner table.”

 

The children thanked her as they took one of the eternal snowflakes from her hand and scurried home with sprin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter