Let it Rain

A Twisted Tale of Bloodlines II
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The vampire princess’ carriage parked itself in front of the Yard to pick up its intended passenger. The rain had not stopped yet and Jessica was escorted by a servant to her ride. When she was seated comfortably, the carriage moved away from the edifice. 

After passing a few blocks, the carriage stopped and in went Jessica’s fiancée and their cousins. They were obviously soaking wet from the rain. This really made the younger Jung feel bad for letting her sibling and her cousins wait outside in the rain. 

“Oh…I shouldn’t have asked you girls to wait outside…” Jessica said, her sadness evident in her voice. 

The two archers just smiled. They were wearing a long black cloak over their combat clothes so they were not affected by the rain that much. Taeyeon on the other hand, was an exception. She was wearing a black coat over a simple white button-up. Her only consolation from the cold was her long black scarf that kept her face half hidden. She was the one who was really dripping wet. 

“Aigoo…You should tell your fiancée to stop being so stubborn, Jessi…” Tiffany sighed as she eyed the eldest Jung. 

“I second that. Taeyeon was too stubborn to accept our offer of lending her our cloaks…” Sunny added. 

The brunette Jung glared at her fiancée/sister. Taeyeon just shrugged and brushed off her sister’s glare. She knew she was in for a little scolding and some punishment from her younger twin later. 

“Jung Taeyeon!” Jessica bellowed which made the eldest Jung flinch when her full name was called. Her twin would only use that on her whenever the younger girl was mad. Taeyeon and her two cousins turned their attention to what the younger Jung has to say. 

“Why are you so stubborn when it comes to taking care of yourself? Do you know how much trouble I went through whenever you shiver because you’re cold?” Jessica pointed out as she unleashed her piercing glares towards her elder twin. 

Taeyeon just remained mum about it. She instead gave everyone present a dorky grin although Jessica did not change her expression at all. “I’m not stubborn…I just loved the cold feeling and I love it when it rains…” the eldest Jung reasoned. 

“Oh…So you want to go and stay in the rain?!” Jessica retorted while her two cousins just watched, quite amused to see their not-so-normal family act normal for a change.

“Well…If you want it that way…”

“All right then…Get out…NOW.” 

This time, the two younger girls found it going too far. “Whoa…You two should stop right now…” Sunny said as she and Tiffany tried to calm down the bickering girls knowing that the twins’ could be so emotionally unstable at times. They were really like fire and ice. 

Taeyeon just shrugged. She was supposed to be teasing her twin but somehow it got too far and her sister’s comebacks were somehow stinging a bit. Without a word, she opened the window to the carriage and exposed her head to the torrents of rain. 

“Please stop the car…” Taeyeon requested the carriage’s driver. The carriage halted in the middle of the road and Taeyeon went out into the cold unforgiving rain without telling her companions anything. 

Tiffany and Sunny sat wide eyed at their cousin’s action. Was Taeyeon really serious? The two girls looked at their other cousin who just sat there looking out at the other window which she had quietly opened. Sunny nudged Tiffany indicating her to talk to the other Jung. 

“Jessi…” Tiffany began. Her beloved cousin turned her gaze towards her as she spoke. “Jessi…I think you should not have been so hard on Taeyeon…” 

Jessica just groaned in reply as she just quietly turned to observe the droplets of water dripping in clusters from the window. She was not in the mood to argue with her cousin. Tiffany turned to her partner-in-crime for support when she couldn’t convince her stubborn cousin to soften up. 

“Sica…don’t be stubborn…tell your twin to come back into the carriage so that we can all go home and rest…” Sunny said, her tone a little serious than usual. 

“Jessi…Please…don’t be so stubborn…”Tiffany pleaded hoping that her cousin would budge. 

Jessica sighed before getting out in the rain without a word. She left the two beaming girls alone in the carriage as she walked out to find her twin. 
 

 

***

 

Taeyeon was now a few paces away from the carriage. The rain had now drenched her to the point that all her clothes were now wet. She felt the cold wind and the icy droplets of rain soak her to her skin. The feeling of freezing in the cold thrilled her as she stopped to cherish the cold moment. 

She closed her eyes and tilted her head up to feel the drops of water landing on her face. She wished her heart would go numb as her body had felt. She wished she could drown in the cold embrace of the unforgiving rain. It was a bittersweet feeling for her as she stood there in the middle of the empty road with the carriage quite a distance away. 

The cold reminded her of her fiancée who also happened to be her twin sister. The primary reason why she liked going out without much layers of clothing to shield her from the cold was because it reminded her of Jessica. Everything cold reminded her of her twin and she loved that icy feeling. It was her weakness and her strength at the same time. 
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter