Royalty’s Interlude

A Twisted Tale of Bloodlines II
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“How are we going to tell Yoona about this?”

All eyes shifted to Count Kwon. Everyone was pensive. They had lost the Ims to the werewolves. Now, there’s only one member left – Yoona.

“We’ll be honest with her, Kwon. We cannot lie to our niece about their passing. They made the sacrifice to save all of us.” Count Kim said after a moment of silence.

“We all failed in keeping our family intact.” The head of the Kwons muttered.

“Yes, we did.” Lord Jung admitted, his face filled with remorse.

He lowered his gaze to the ground but recovered his composure after some time, “But we need to live on for the Im family’s sake – for Yoona’s sake. We’ll need to be strong for our children.”

“I agree with brother here. For now, let’s take refuge from our enemies.” Count Choi said as he stood and helped his wife who had been injured in battle.

They were all weary from the constant assaults on the castle, their armor and shields were beginning to feel burdensome. After a last glimpse on the burning towers of the Jung Castle, the royal family turned towards the forest where safety and uncertainty was in equilibrium.

The women sat on the high saddles of their black horses, now weary after a sudden rush of adrenaline as they previously fought their way through their escape. Blood stained their capes, dents were evident on their shields, and exhaustion engulfed them in its embrace as they marched in procession into the bowels of the forest.

Their wounds have yet to heal and some were beyond recovery after encountering severe weapons laced with hunter spells and sharpened werewolf claws. No one was fit to be fed on because it might cause the donor to die. They all needed to hibernate in order to recuperate from the damages dealt on their bodies.

Salvation seemed bleak to Lord Jung as he led the pack into the unknown, but the sliver of hope that their descendants would be safe assured them of the future. The vampire kingdom will not fall, not on the prophesied twins’ watch.
 

***


Jessica opened her eyes to see the dark gloomy skies bringing forth flakes of winter. Despite the bitter coldness of the surroundings, the young vampire felt warm. Someone was keeping her warm. Her head turned to see her partner sleeping soundly, head resting on her shoulder facing her while her partner’s body laid on top of her. They were basically chest to chest, hip to hip, and their legs intertwined.

There was a catch – Taeyeon was different. She still retained her blonde flowing tresses as well as her distinct facial features, but her body was not one that Jessica was familiar in touching. The elder twin had transformed into a man, a beast that sent Jessica screaming in pleasure throughout the night.

And the younger twin was beginning to get accustomed to this newly discovered trait of her sister’s. She loved the fact that she could explore her older sister’s body the way she did when they were entering puberty back then. 

This brought a new side to Taeyeon – a beastly side to her in a different way from before. Jessica her beloved’s hair, gently feeling the soft tresses on her fingers. Taeyeon stirred awake, yawning before she opened her eyes to see her beloved twin staring at her. The transformed vampire smiled and pressed her lips to Jessica’s, tasting her twin’s sweetness in as they engaged in a passionate kiss. The older Jung then ran a hand on her sister’s delicate face before she propped herself over the younger one.

“Sooyeon, I think it’s time for us to leave…” Taeyeon declared.

The younger Jung nodded, understanding the matter. They were only given one night to rest in each other’s arms before they were to separate once again and get back to their tasks.

Jessica pulled her partner once again for one last kiss before they proceeded to dress each other, ready for the intense training that will welcome them once the swords have transported them back to their designated training grounds – Taeyeon in England and Jessica in France. Taeyeon, by then, had changed to her original female form.

Once they were completely prepped for their journey, the two vampires closed their eyes as the swords in their hands transferred them back to another place.

Light engulfed them before they both disappeared without a trace.
 

***


“Halt!” Lord Jung muttered, raising his fist to signal his comrades to stop in their tracks. He then opened his palm and lowered himself to one knee gesturing for his family members to stay low and quiet.

There was something ahead of them. It was a cold streak of white light. Everyone crouched low as they silently trudged forward, taking caution neither to trip nor to cause a sound.

The women stayed back with the horses as the men planned on subduing whatever disturbance it was. They have travelled far enough into the bowels of the forest without heed to night and day. If Lord Jung was correct, this must have been their fifth day inside the distinct dark forest where none from the kingdom had dared to infiltrate.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter