Alone

A Twisted Tale of Bloodlines II
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Raven-furred boots crunched the snow beneath its weight. Its weary owner half-heartedly lifted it, only to crush more of the cold white substance. A few more steps. Just a few more.

 

The figure eyed the dreary scenery before her, eyes searching for any signs of movement from within the frozen edifices. Thick gloved hands adjusted the hood of her cloak as she trudged on, undeterred by the thickening fall of snow. She heaved a cold breath once her eyes caught sight of the single candle light peering from an old tavern. As much as she was bothered by her primal thirst for all things living, her need for shelter ruled over her vampire instincts.

 

 It had been days since she had wandered alone and now she found herself back into human territory, where the temptation of blood ran hot.

 

Kwon Yuri may have been disciplined enough to endure the taste of mortal’s blood, but right now, the vampire found herself slowly succumbing to the desire of partaking something which she and her family had forsaken among themselves.

 

As she slowly pushed the door, she found herself welcomed by the scent of humanity. Life. Blood. All Yuri saw at that moment, were the beautiful shades of crimson lining the flushed skin of drunken men and timid women who were warming themselves inside the shelter on that snowy day.

 

The tavern had been accommodating enough to travelers, its upper level offering temporary living quarters for a modest price. Yuri approached the bar counter, eyes masked in a dark shade of grey as she confronted the mortal for a room upstairs.

 

“Five coppers for a night, miss,” replied the burly man as he wiped a glass, clean.

 

Yuri quietly dropped the needed amount on the counter, taking the key to the room, before wordlessly following the man upstairs, ignoring the prying eyes that had been boring holes on her back ever since she entered the tavern.

 

“Would you like to sup some soup and have some liquor brought up here to warm you for the night, miss?” The man asked as he prepared to make his leave.

 

Yuri shook her head, smiling at the man before wordlessly motioning for him to leave. The man nodded in understanding, closing the door on the lone figure in the small room. The vampire made sure to lock the door before she made herself comfy for bed. She took off her cloak, untied her sword from her girdle and placed it beside her as she lied down to sleep.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter