Like the Flowing River (Yoona-centric)

A Twisted Tale of Bloodlines II
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Feet shuffled in haste against the rocky and slippery terrain that was to be a small passageway on the side of the mountain. The wind was cold, damp, and unforgiving. It howled to the point where it almost deafened the person and her companions as they hurriedly trudged the dangerous area.

Sooyoung and Juhyun had urged them to move from the comforts of the cavern after they had ensured that the coast was clear. Sunny had led them to this treacherous place – one that made their lives hang by a thread. One slip and they may fall into their deaths. Of course, that was in a mortal’s case.

They had Tiffany who could readily give them their salvation from their fall should they, indeed, slip and slide. But despite this reassurance, Yoona found herself uncomfortable with the atmosphere and with her surroundings as a whole.

Her doe-like crimson eyes scanned the fogged horizon as the snow continued raining on them. There was something tugging at her heart. Something was missing. Her eyes shifted to her pendant, the Bulgarian Bonds, and her hand fiddled with it.

As she pondered, a hand patted her shoulder. She turned to face her constant companion who was her mentor, friend, cousin, sister, blood partner, and life partner.

“I’ll carry you.” Yuri said as she unceremoniously took the younger vampire in her arms, surprising Yoona when the Kwon had swept her off her feet in one fluid motion.

“Unnie-”

“You are in no condition to move, Yoona. Something is clearly bothering you and I don’t want that to jeopardize our family. I’m willing to carry you as you sort yourself out.” Yuri’s words tugged at the Im’s heart.

Yoona hugged her unnie as the Black Pearl carried her bridal style. They were halfway up the freezing mountain when their interim leader called for rest. Everyone was exhausted. They had spent the day traveling. It was thrice the speed mortals could have trudged on such a weather condition, but they were not humans. They were faster and stronger than men. They weren’t ordinary vamps either.

The young vampire cuddled with her partner. Eyes wandered to her other companions. She saw the youngest ones settle against the cold corner with Juhyun embracing Soojung. Sooyoung and Hyoyeon huddled nearby, a warm black cloak being shared by the two. Sunny and Tiffany were up ahead. The Hwang was sleeping in the older one’s embrace.

Yoona saw Sooyoung and Hyoyeon stand up, looking over the cliff to guard them. She felt a sense of security in them. A warm hand brushed her hair, awakening a memory when she was a child. She reminisced the time when her mother would smoothen her locks of hair with a brush. It was a fond memoir to her for she seldom saw her parents because they had always run errands for the vampire lord.

“Sleep, my dear. You need rest.” She heard the Kwon whisper, her voice husky and hushed.

And so Yoona slept in the warmth of her loved one’s caress. She felt at ease as she allowed Yuri to continue her fine tresses. She snuggled closer, taking every bit of warmth in Yuri. Her arms unconsciously wrapped themselves around the Black Pearl’s waist, securing her hold of the wind-wielding vampire.

It felt good. 
 

***


As soon as she was in dream land, the realm of sleep, a vision came upon her. She watched as a scenery unfolded before her. Golden tresses glistened under the shade of moonlight and a powerful wave of energy surged about the figure’s body giving off a gravely intimidating aura that the young Im was very much familiar with.

Yoona held her breath as she waited for the person, whose back was facing her, to reveal her face. She needed to confirm whether it was the Ice Princess or not because it was only Sooyeon who possessed such ability to project a huge amount of energy that would send that jittery feeling down one’s spine.

And as if the figure had heard her heart’s desire, the blonde turned and sapphire eyes met Yoona’s dark crimson ones.

“Yoona.” The person said, her voice as light as feather. It was the total opposite to the aura that the blonde was projecting.

Yoona was stunned at the revelation of the person.

“Sooyeon-unnie…” Was the Im’s reply for she was too stunned to say anything.

Sooyeon looked familiar yet unfamiliar at the same time. She was completely different from the chestnut brown haired vampire princess from before. This blonde Sooyeon exuded an aura of confidence and power that Yoona couldn’t explain. It could only be felt.

“Yoona, you look tired.” Sooyeon pointed out as she came closer to the tall young lady.

A hand reached out and Yoona felt the strange warmth emanating from the older vampire. This was new. Sooyeon was strangely too heartwarming and energy surged like electricity from her hand which had spread quickly into Yoona’s soul like the plague.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter