Distress Calls

A Twisted Tale of Bloodlines II
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A storm had chanced upon a ship that was en route towards England. Its sailors were established navigators but the overwhelming surge of the sea overpowered their skill. Everything was at the mercy of the huge army of waves threatening to sink the ship.


The captain barked orders upon the crew as they all tried to keep the ship afloat. Everyone was soaked by the salty torrents of rain that battered them as the waves hit the sides of the ship.

Inside one of the cargo chambers hid three unexpected passengers who tried their best in keeping themselves from puking the contents of their digestive system, not that there was anything in their stomachs at all.

“Soo, I think now’s the time for you to help right now…” Hyoyeon suggested as she pulled her knees towards herself and tried her best to battle the nausea churning from inside her system.

“I’m not sure if my repelling skills will help…”

“But it’s worth the try…”

“I haven’t tried repelling a storm before!”

“Just try!”

“All right!” Sooyoung replied as her eyes glowed a lighter shade of crimson. An eerie force began to emanate from her as Hyoyeon and their ancestor eyed her with expectation. The tall vampire concentrated her thoughts on her repelling power as she willed her unusual skill to repel the storm from lashing out on the boat that they had snuck into.

Outside the cargo chamber where they hid, the incoming waves were seen being repulsed by an invisible force as sailors tried their best to tug the ropes that held the sails of the brigantine named Marie Celeste. It was a daunting journey for everyone as they battled the storm with sweat and salty water battering on them.

To their surprise, they found the storm receding like a passing cloud over the meadow. The torrents of salty rain coming from the surge of waves that used to hit the ship vanished and the wind calmed down to an ominous halt. All of the crew stood still, astonished at the phenomenon. The captain, who was highly experienced for his age, was also pondering upon the strange occurrence. Was fate simply playing with them?

Inside the ship’s cargo hold, Sooyoung struggled as the use of her affinity began to take its toll on her body. The tall vampire stared blankly into space as her eyes shimmered red in concentration while she tried to hold on to the use of her unique trait. Being able to repel and attract objects is something rare in the vampire kingdom. Sooyoung’s power was a first of its kind hence she had difficulty in mastering it ever since the discovery of her unique affinity.

Right now, her special ability is being tested by the elements of nature as she gave her best at repelling the storm. Hyoyeon cheered her on as she took a meditative position and closed her crimson eyes to the world around her and only concentrated at the surging sea that threatened the invisible barriers that she has put up around the ship.

On the slippery deck of the brigantine, the captain barked his orders on taking hold of the ship as they secured the ropes and tidied up the slippery floor in preparation for a smooth voyage. They were still confused of the eerie phenomenon that they are seeing as the incoming threats of rogue waves tried to penetrate the invisible shield that kept the waters from striking the ship.

“All hands on deck and get ready to secure the portside!” the captain barked as he took hold of the ship’s helm. The sailors scurried to carry out the orders but they remained wary of the incoming waves that might wash them away despite the tiny assurance that they were being protected by some invisible force. 

The brigantine had now reached the strait of Gibraltar, which is a huge step on the journey towards English shores. Sooyoung had weakened by that time when her repelling ability began to diminish as evidenced by the nearing rush of battering waves that gave the human sailors a look of alarm as they secured the deck.

The Choi heiress furrowed her eyebrows and gritted her teeth as she used all of her will to maintain her stand against the strong waves that constantly threatened to sink the ship. Hyoyeon and White Tiger could only watch her as she struggled. They couldn’t do anything for her but to give her their encouragements.

“You can do it, Sooyoung. You were born in a line of strong vampires.” Her grandfather said, his blue eyes glistening with hope for the girl whose eyes were closed shut.

“Soo, do you need blood?” Hyoyeon asked, her eyes laden with worry.

Sooyoung opened her blood-red eyes upon the offer of the crimson liquid. She knew she needed blood to be able to sustain her stamina. She looked at Hyoyeon with imploring eyes to which the young Kim offered her arm for the younger girl to sink her fangs in.

The taller yet younger vampire palpated Hyoyeon’s brachial pulse with her index finger before sinking her elongated canines into the older girl’s flesh. Oxygen-rich blood filled as she led the nourishment provided by her trusted companion. She felt herself growing stronger as she swallowed the dark liquid.

“Sooyoung, don’t dwell on Hyoyeon’s blood too much or you will her dry. Keep your focus on repelling the storm. Hyoyeon’s blood will only be there to help you endure the energy loss.” White Tiger said as he patted the feeding vampire’s back.
 

***

Jung Mansion

The younger woman with chestnut colored hair awakened in surprise. She had a realistic dream of struggling in the sea. The waves were battering the ship and the storm seemed too strong. She knew the dream happened for real and she knew it occurred to one or two of her cousins.

The body she had used to hug before she sat up stirred and a pair of arms captured her waist before pulling her to lie down in bed. She felt herself being drawn into another vampire’s warmth as the same pair of strong hands drew her towards its owner’s body. She inhaled the all too familiar scent as she lost herself in the person’s embrace momentarily forgetting her vision until she felt a pair of lips on her own.

“Taeyeon,” Jessica muttered on the other person’s lips. The one she addressed opened her sleepy eyes and reluctantly pulled away, but not after stealing another light kiss from her fiancée who also happened to be her twin sister.

“What is it, Sooyeon?”

“I had a dream…”

“About Sooyoung and Hyoyeon’s condition?”

Jessica nodded in affirmation. “Yes…They’re stuck at sea…and there’s a storm.”

“So, the spell I casted on the Bulgarian Bonds worked.” Taeyeon said as she grinned at her twin.

“Yes, it was very effective that we got the news about the dead body way before the Yard came to seek our help… I just feel bad though…Why do you have to send Yoona and Yuri instead of having us investigate the case? I could have comforted Soojung too…” Jessica gave her twin a bit of scolding as they cuddled.

Taeyeon only retorted with a pout. “But you’re too irresistible that I ended up dragging you here… Besides, you didn’t even resist me…”

A playful slap landed on Taeyeon’s arm and a few giggles came from Jessica which also made the eldest laugh along. Despite the urgency and the graveness of the situation, the two vampires still managed to leave room for their own private activities.

“We’re such lazy girls, aren’t we?” Jessica mused as she snuggled closer resting her head onto Taeyeon’s nape.

“Hm. We are.”

A few moments of silence between them followed as they comfortably enjoyed each other’s presence without a word before Jessica sat up surprising the older twin.

“What’s wrong?” Taeyeon inquired as she eyed Jessica’s crimson orbs.

“Let’s go to the port and see what we can do for Sooyoung and Hyoyeon. They might be nearing the shores…” Jessica said as she pulled her twin up.

“All right…”



 

***

England’s busy streets

“Hi there!” the familiar person greeted.

Krystal, too, was surprised when she saw the unprecedented occupants of the coach. Sunny and Juhyun who were right behind her peered in and were caught off guard of the two people sitting comfortably inside their ride.

“What are you two doing here?!” Sunny and Tiffany asked in unison.

Yuri only shrugged while Yoona sat comfortably inside the couch with a sly grin plastered on her face.

“We came here to fetch you…” Yoona replied with a mischievous glint in her eyes.

“No way, unnie… All six of us could not fit in there…” Seohyun said.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter