Twin Troopers

A Twisted Tale of Bloodlines II
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jung Mansion, England (Present)

A realization finally came onto her after remembering what happened. “Taeyeon-ah!” Jessica smiled. 

“Yes, Sica?” Taeyeon gave her full attention to her twin sister whom she had been hugging on the couch ever since they had finished their dinner.

“I finally knew the real reason why you liked the cold so much…” 

“And? The reason was?”

Jessica suddenly gave a light peck on her twin’s lips before responding, “It reminds you of what had transpired before…It gave you the hope to keep on loving me as I have made all efforts to wake up from my sedated state…”

Taeyeon pulled her into a tighter hug before hungrily kissing her fiancée. Jessica did not protest. She too returned Taeyeon’s kisses. The Jungs resumed recalling their past after slowly pulling away from each other. 

The twins had been reminiscing about their past for most of the night until sleep overcame them. They decided to take a bath together before heading to bed. 

“Sica…” Taeyeon called softly. She was already settled in bed leaning on the headboard as she observed her sister brush her long brunette locks. The younger girl gave her a look of innocence when she turned to face her older twin. 

“Yes, Taengoo?” Jessica asked as her head turned to face her twin who was lounging on their shared bed. 

“We’re going to meet the queen tomorrow afternoon…She has made a decision on the vampire problem…” Taeyeon said. The younger girl simply smiled in reply as she claimed her position in bed beside her sister. She rested her head on the pillow while facing Taeyeon who was still pondering on some matters. 

To her vision, Taeyeon looked too cute for words as the older girl pursed her lips while deep in thought. “Taengoo…” Jessica called softly.

“Hmm?” 

“Go to sleep…We’ll solve your worries tomorrow…” Jessica said as she closed her eyes and patted the pillow beside her head. Taeyeon found herself resting her head on the pillow while she faced her twin who was now apparently sleeping.

The eldest Jung twin snuggled closer to her sister before finally resigning to sleep. 
 

 

***

 

Bulgarian countryside

A two-horse drawn carriage arrived in a village that had empty streets. Black boots landed firmly on the cobbled road. Yuri assisted Yoona as she alighted from the carriage. They were both clad in black outfits with their swords tightly fastened to their black belts. Black cloaks protected them from the cold. 

The two young ladies scanned the area upon their arrival. It was a foggy Bulgarian afternoon. Not one living soul lingered through the streets of the village as Yoona and Yuri took light steps through the small town. 

“Yuri…” Yoona whispered. “It’s too quiet here…”

The young Im’s crimson eyes cautiously surveyed the area for any signs of movement. Yuri, on the other hand, tried to see through the foggy horizon. 

“I know, Yoona…Let’s be careful…We must remain together and guard each other…” Yuri said as they continued to go deeper into the village.

There was an uneasy feeling going through their nerves as they trudged through the foggy village. The two young ladies unconsciously took hold of each other’s hands as they continued to navigate through the foggy street. The girls were anticipating for a surprise attack in the thick mist. 

Yoona’s uneasy feeling made her shiver a little as a cold breeze passed by. “Unnie…” Yoona muttered. Yuri tightened her grip on Yoona’s hand when she sensed her dongsaeng’s fear of uncertainty. 

The mist was getting thicker and the girls were getting more cautious. Yuri’s affinity enabled her to sense a presence in the mist while Yoona had a hunch that the mist was summoned by the enemy. 

“Look out!” Yuri shouted as she lunged towards Yoona when an arrow came hissing towards her from nowhere. The young Kwon managed to prevent Yoona from getting injured by the arrow but she ended up getting struck by it. 

“Unnie!” Yoona screamed as the arrow penetrated through Yuri’s cloak and managed to pierce her right arm. 

Yuri willed her affinity to make a shield over them as the mist threatened to swallow them into its abode. Then, the elder of the two girls pulled out the arrow without much of a thought. Yuri yelped in extreme pain as the spell that bounded the arrow began to take its toll on her. 

“Yuri…It’s a vampire hunter’s arrow…” Yoona stated as she tried to keep Yuri in check all the while keeping her other senses sharp for any intruders that may show themselves. 

Yuri groaned as her entire arm was engulfed in excruciating pain. “Yoona…” Yuri tried to speak. “Please…Help…me…” 

The young heiress of the Im family summoned her affinity onto her palms. The water which she had beckoned glowed blue. Then, Yoona placed her glowing palms onto her older cousin’s injured arm. A brighter streak of blue engulfed Yuri’s arm. Relief came over the Kwon heiress when her dongsaeng removed her hands from her unnie’s wound. 

To Yuri’s amazement, her injured arm was fully healed and the after effects of a hunter’s damage vanished. The two girls now stood to face the enemy whose identity was still unknown to them. 

“Yoona…I think it’s time we do the maneuver that we have been studying…” Yuri muttered.

Yoona gave her a look of alarm. “But…Yuri…It’s too dangerous…We might end up killing each other and besides, only our ancestors were able to master such skills…” the younger of the two girls protested.

“We don’t have much of a choice…” 

“All right then…”

The two vampires summoned their respective elements. Yuri created a large vacuum of air while Yoona willed the water vapor suspended in the air to condense and do her bidding. The fog now dispersed into particles of water and air revealing the one who summoned them. 

A large werewolf came into view as the two young ladies willed the last of the mist to disperse. The sight of the werewolf confused Yuri. She had thought that the mysterious fog was a vampire hunter’s doing, not a werewolf’s craft. It was simply too intriguing for a werewolf to manipulate both water and air since most of the wolf clans were either linked with fire and ice. 

Yoona, too, was astounded to see the devilish hound when the fog cleared. She didn’t expect the beast to be behind the mysterious occurrences in the village. What made her more perplexed was the possibility that the wolf before them might also have been a vampire hunter. The young Im turned to her equally puzzled cousin who seemed to be in deep thought as she eyed the werewolf that was armed with a quiver of arrows in its back. 

When Yoona turned her attention to the beast, the werewolf had begun changing back to its human form. The wolf was a man in his 50’s but he gave off a youthful feeling. Yoona and Yuri took note of the man’s gray eyes as he completed his transition. The quiver he once wore as a werewolf began to tighten its grip on his half- body. His body was toned with a few scars that ran through his chest and abdomen. The man that now stood before the two vampires was full of mystery. 

“It has been a long time ever since I ran into his descendants…” the man said as he smiled at the two vampires.
 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter