Revenant

A Twisted Tale of Bloodlines II
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Rika and White Tiger jolted from their seats on the cold floor. A blast of light and a thunderous sound shocked them as the three bodies within the chambers disappeared. Fear momentarily swept through their veins when they realized that their three descendants had vanished in thin air. But their senses registered an anomaly at the throne room above ground, prompting them to disappear in a cloud of smoke before reappearing at the main hall where the seat of the vampires stood on a dais, untouched.

 

Soonkyu and Miyoung have come into the room in haste after hearing the shrill sound coming from the throne room. A pillar of light appeared before the two thrones. “What’s happening?” Soonkyu managed to ask the Elders, who stood in silence as they watched the light summoning a figure. “Something happened with your cousins.” Rika spoke, eyes still trained on the strange light. The figure took form and Miyoung’s eyes widened when she recognized Sooyeon in her funeral gown with her long blonde hair billowing in the strong winds.

 

Another figure appeared in the strange light and the four vampires watched as Taeyeon appeared; her hair as silvery as Sooyeon’s. The last summon of the strange column of light was none other than Soojung, who sported the same mane as her older sisters. When all three had been summoned, the light dispersed throughout the room and the three figures opened their eyes, revealing sapphire irises instead of crimson orbs.

 

Just as the three stood, unmoved, Sooyoung, Hyoyeon, and Juhyun burst into the room through another set of doors. Their eyes immediately landed on the three standing on the dais. “Taeyeon! Sooyeon! Soojung!” The Jungs’ parents exclaimed as they came through another set of doors. Their mother ran and engulfed the young vampires, relief washing over the Jung mother’s face as she pressed her lips to Sooyeon’s crown.

 

“Sooyeon…” Their mother wept, “I thought I had lost you.” Sooyeon smiled into the embrace. “I thought so, too.” Sooyeon replied as she returned the embrace. Everyone else crowded them soon after. Rika and White Tiger embraced their heiresses, finding relief that this surreal event was more than real. Their princesses were back and kingdom would have leaders to look up to.

 

“We should have a feast for the return of Taeyeon, Sooyeon, and Soojung.” The Kims suggested, but the three young vampires noticed two missing people. Sooyeon, especially confronted the elephant in the room, “Where are Yoona and Yuri?” Everyone averted their gaze from the younger twin. Sooyeon looked to her mate, seeking unspoken answers from Taeyeon.

 

“They’re not here.” Taeyeon answered.

 

“What do you mean?” Sooyeon questioned, confused.

 

“They ran away.” Soojung answered for her sister.

 

“Why?” Sooyeon asked once more.

 

Soojung frowned, “Yoona-unnie drank wolf’s blood. She is not the same anymore. As for Yuri-unnie… well, she changed.”

 

Sooyeon kept her silence after that and the Elders prompted the three heiresses to bathe and rest. Everyone went to their respective tasks of overseeing the rebuilding of the Vampire kingdom as the three heiresses were led to their respective rooms. Soojung was hesitant when she came upon her own room. It felt foreign as she stood before the door; she turned to see her older sisters at the threshold of their own shared room.

 

Sooyeon caught sight of the youngest looking at them, and with a look at her twin, Sooyeon prompted Soojung to come with them. The three disappeared into the twins’ bedchambers with Soojung feeling like her burden had been lifted as she looked into her surroundings.

 

As soon as the door closed and the lock clicked behind Soojung, she found her sisters removing their garments without any hesitation. Sooyeon noted Soojung simply standing in the room, as if in a trance. Taeyeon wordlessly entered the bath tub located at the far end of the bedchamber. Sooyeon approached the youngest and proceeded to undress her sister.  

 

“Soojung…” The youngest one stared into Sooyeon’s eyes. “You seem to be out of it.” Soojung lowered her gaze, eyes landing on her sister’s hands doing the undressing.

 

“I feel lost. I don’t know why, unnie.” Soojung replied as she slowly stepped out of the puddle of clothes that fell to her feet. Sooyeon gently took her hands, leading them towards where Taeyeon settled inside the l

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter