Meet Jack the Ripper

A Twisted Tale of Bloodlines II
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Good evening, gentlemen.” Gray mused as he welcomed the newcomers into his lair which was located deep inside the caverns just near the town where he met Yoona and Yuri.

The newcomers growled as they transformed back into human beings. Both of them crawled in pain from their first transition into werewolves. A smile appeared from Gray’s lips with his fangs protruding from them.

“Who are you?! What have you done to us?!” one of the newly turned werewolves demanded. A chuckle rang from Gray’s lips as he stooped to the newcomer’s eye level. He grabbed the young man by his short hair as he forced him to stare at him in the eye.

“I am your new master and you will do as I say. You are werewolves now; beings that transform into illustrious beasts when the moon is full. Don’t worry, you will learn how to transform without the moon’s aid in no time. I shall have you adjust to that. For now, let us go on a short journey towards England. I’m sure you have connections there…” Gray’s deadly voice pierced through the young man’s ears.

“Y-Yes…I’ll do as you say, but it will take a few more days before we could actually reach the port to England…” the young man stuttered as he cowered in fear.

Gray released his grip on the newcomer’s hair. An evil laugh escaped his lips as the other werewolves revealed themselves snickering upon the two neophytes. “He’s a werewolf and he doesn’t even know how fast he is…” Gray said amidst his chuckles.

Wiping the tears from his eyes, he turned serious and said: “Tonight, we travel to the port that accommodates passengers to the land of the Queen. I have already sent a scout ahead of us. He will land a place for us to stay…”

The other werewolves growled while the new ones cowered in fright. It was a living nightmare to them as they watched the transformed beasts with dark coats, sharp fangs, and dirty claws.


 

***


England (A few days after Yoona and Yuri’s Arrival)

The English streets were busy in the mornings as people scurried their way to attend to their errands. There were people who were in a hurry while the others leisurely walked the cobbled roads of London. A few of them were nobles who took their time to observe their surroundings and admire the things that catch their eyes.

“Tiffany-unnie! Why do we have to walk all the way there? Can’t we just ride the carriage all the way to school instead of having it drop us a few blocks away?” the Jung maknae complained as she and Juhyun followed their two older cousins.

They were casually clad in chic black dresses as they made their way through the streets. Aside from the few curious eyes staring at them as they passed by, everything seemed normal. The girls were used to the attention given to them by the people for they know that their charms were otherworldly for the mortals who saw them.

Tiffany’s hand reached out to hold Krystal’s arm as the older one led her through the crowd of mortals. “Krystal, you’ve gotten used to riding the carriage that you’ve become a little lazy… Sunny and I thought you two maknaes needed an exercise.” Tiffany revealed her eye smile which was directed to an apathetic Krystal.

On the other hand, Sunny and Juhyun were conversing comfortably about student life which had fascinated the Seo maknae. The eldest among the four seemed to be enjoying Juhyun’s company much to Krystal’s discomfort.

It was a typical sunless day for the vampires as they mingled with the crowd. They had taken careful measures before they left the Jung mansion since their leaders, Taeyeon and Jessica, cautioned them of the possible squabbles that they may have with both hunters and rogue vampires. The twins had specifically told them to go out in fours and have their eye colors changed to normal ones.

Krystal specifically remembered her unnies’ words when she and Juhyun decided to go to school that morning. “Soojung-ah. You and Juhyun should file a leave of absence from school for a while. We don’t want to risk you getting hurt when the hunters mistakenly try to kill you…” Taeyeon mused.

The two maknaes have been specifically called by the eldest members of the family to the meeting room. Taeyeon and Jessica were already seated comfortably on one of the crimson couches in the room. They have been talking about something else when the two youngest members of the vampire family entered. The eldest of the twins motioned them to sit on an adjacent couch before she began their conversation.

“Unnie…” Krystal had wanted to protest, but was afraid to anger her eldest sister.”I think the hunters won’t be hunting during the day…Besides, Juhyun and I can take on them anytime…”

“Soojung, we know how hard it is for you to leave school but your Taeyeon-unnie and I are doing what we think is best for the time being…We can’t afford to have you get hurt. Who knows what other enemies we have out there…” Jessica pointed out as she stared intently into her dongsaeng’s eyes. 

“We will comply with your requests, unnies.” Juhyun spoke for Krystal and herself while eyeing the youngest Jung who seemed to be keeping herself from arguing back.

With those words of assurance, the two maknaes stood up to leave. “Tiffany and Sunny will be escorting you two when you come to school later…” Taeyeon said as she saw the two maknaes out.

Krystal’s thoughts drifted back to the present. She and her cousins are now a few blocks away from the gates of their school. Just as they were nearing the university, something caught her attention. The smell was metallic yet familiar.

“Unnie…” Krystal whispered.

Tiffany turned to her and nodded. “I know…I sensed it.”

Sunny and Juhyun turned to them with a knowing look. A crowd had gathered ahead of them. Someone must have been found dead which perked the curiosity of the populace. The Scotland Yard was present and was trying to control the people that were hovering around anxious as to what happened to the found body. The four vampires tried to blend in with the crowd of humans as they trained their eyes to see what was happening.

In Juhyun’s heightened vision, she saw a body of a dead woman probably in her twenties lying supine on the cobbled road. had been slit. It seemed that the murder had been committed at night when she noticed that the woman was rigid and pale. ‘Rigor mortis,’ Juhyun thought.

From underneath the woman’s long dress, she could sense that her innards had been hacked and judging by her other companions’ disgusted faces, she could tell that her cousins had noticed it as well. So, before the detectives could assess the body, Juhyun and her cousins left the scene after having made their assumptions. “Werewolf’s doing.” Juhyun heard Sunny whisper.

“We better be careful then.” Tiffany said as they all strode off towards the gargantuan gates that awaited the two vampire students.

“Unnie, will Taeyeon-unnie be summoned again?” Juhyun suddenly asked Sunny whose hand was clamped to her arm.

“I’m hoping not. I don’t want the twins to be bothered by this trouble. We’re already in deep trouble…” Sunny replied.

“But I still think they would summon her for another meeting since we’re basically involved in everything unusual happening in this city…”

“If that happens, then we’ll really need to be more cautious with our dealings in this country.”

“Of course, unnie.”

Krystal tightly clasped her hand with Tiffany’s. The horrid scene that invaded her senses was making her nauseous. She didn’t want to see things like those anymore and she had an obligation to tell her unnies about the matter that they have stumbled upon.

“So, do you regret not walking with us, now?” Tiffany’s voice interrupted her thoughts. Somehow, her eye-smiling cousin made her forget about the badly mangled body that they have witnessed.

“I Do regret it, unnie.” Krystal mused bluntly. “Now, I don’t feel so good after seeing that corpse.”

Tiffany giggled at her dongsaeng’s straightforwardness. “You truly take after your Jessica-unnie. You’re as honest as her.”

They had finally arrived at the gates and were ushered into the university’s premises. The two maknaes led their unnies towards the university head’s office to discuss some matters regarding their leave from school.


 

***


Jung Mansion, England

“Ummas, I love you and I love it when you both play around.”

With those words in her dream, Taeyeon awakened and found herself bolting up on the couch. The young girl in the dream seemed real and she looked like a combination of herself and her younger twin. Through her blurry vision, Taeyeon could make out a face that was only a few inches away from her. As her sight cleared of the sleepiness, she found herself marveling at Jessica’s face.

Jessica had been watching her sleep the whole time. A smile played on the younger Jung’s lips as she stared at her sweaty twin sister who had just awakened from her nap. Their faces were only a few inches apart and before Taeyeon could react, Jessica closed the gap between them greeting her with an endearing kiss.

“Hm…” Taeyeon mumbled into Jessica’s moist lips as she smelled her fiancée’s scent. The two vampires slowly pulled away with a smile on their faces.

“Did you have a bad dream?” Jessica inquired as she searched her twin’s eyes for answers.

“Not really. It was a weird dream.”

“Tell me.”

“Well, I dreamt about a young girl, actually a 5 year old vampire.”

“How does she look?”

“She looked a lot like us…it’s as if she was our child.”

Jessica chuckled at Taeyeon’s description. “Seriously?”

“Yes.” Taeyeon mused in reply.

“Did she say something?”

“Ummas, I love you and I love it when you both play around. That’s what she said.”

“Hm. Interesting.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter