Aube (Dawn)

A Twisted Tale of Bloodlines II
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Long update up ahead! Can you spot the scenes from 'A Twisted Tale of Bloodlines 1'? :) Enjoy!

 

 

 

 

 

Everything was coated in snow, something reminiscent of the winter they have experienced before the Great War. Taeyeon hastily moved to cradle her beloved in her arms, eyes wary of any incoming dangers that may have lurked around them. Sooyeon remained in her trance, eyes closed and breaths panting as sweat coated her brow despite the brewing cold. “I’ll keep you warm.” Taeyeon said as she engulfed her twin in her embrace, eyes scouting her surroundings for any movement.

 

The wind howled, bringing the chill of the cold along with it. Snow drifted on their cloaks as Taeyeon shielded her mate from the weather. Sooyeon was garbed in a simple dress, not meant for the freezing climate and despite her affinity to winter, Sooyeon was left vulnerable to the season as long as she remained in her dormant state. Taeyeon breathed fire to keep herself and her surroundings warm. She then pressed her lips on Sooyeon’s chapped ones in an attempt to keep the other’s temperature from dropping further.

 

Sooyeon reacted some, frowning in her dream as Taeyeon’s lips met hers. Warmth engulfed her as she reminisced the visions of her twin sister in Soojung’s eyes. She saw herself loving Taeyeon as they played in the gardens of the Jung Castle. And then, it all faded as another scene from when she was older came into her vision. This time, it was about her death in the hands of a werewolf whilst protecting Soojung.

 

She remembered, but it was not enough. Taeyeon bit her tongue as she drew blood into the kiss – her blood spilling into Sooyeon’s mouth. Sooyeon choked as more memories flooded her senses. Her dazed eyes opened as her pupils contracted and dilated in the struggle.

 

“Yah! Kim Taeyeon! Come back here with my food!”                                    

 

“I’ll only give it back to you if you can catch me, Sooyeon.”

 

“Come here, Soojung. Let’s teach your Taeyeon-unnie a lesson not to steal food…”

 

“Taengoo, why do we have to leave them so soon?”

 

“Hmmm…they were having their moment together… We shouldn’t disturb them…”

 

“Hmmm…Did you really mean it or were you jealous that someone else liked me? I saw your reaction when Yoona blushed…”

 

“Sooyeon…” Taeyeon said as her right hand cupped her younger twin’s face. “It’s all right. You don’t need to hesitate. Please don’t hold back anymore…”

 

“I’m sorry, Taeyeon…” Sooyeon said, her eyes still glowing from the thirst. The younger Jung found herself her elder twin’s neck. Taeyeon felt a tingling sensation every time Sooyeon’s tongue touched her flesh before a pair of fangs penetrated her skin.

 

“Taengoo…” Sooyeon once again said as she pulled her elder twin into her embrace. Taeyeon allowed herself to be engulfed in her twin’s warmth as droplets of tears began forming in her eyes again. Her younger twin simply rubbed her back as Sooyeon continued to say her piece, “Taengoo…you know I’ll always be here for you no matter what happens. And I’m sorry for what our parents did…Please stay beside me…Can you promise me that?”

 

Taeyeon’s eyes widened in surprise at her twin’s remark because she couldn’t believe that Sooyeon would know how she felt. She recalled what her inner voice had said, ‘She’s your twin sister, Taeyeon…Haven’t you felt her presence whenever she’s around? Don’t you feel the same way she feels? Can you not see your strong urge to protect her at all costs? Have you not wondered why you both looked like replicas of each other? That is your unique bond as twins…’

 

“Sooyeonnie…”Taeyeon began as she laid her head on her twin’s shoulder. “We have been together since we were starting to have memories and I think our parents have separated us enough…I’m never going to leave my twin’s side no matter what happens…”

 

A smile formed in Sooyeon’s lips as a tear began to fall from her eyes. “I love you, Taeyeon…” she said as she tightened her embrace on her elder twin. The eldest Jung returned the gesture and responded, “I love you too, Sooyeon. I’ll always be with you…”

 

When Taeyeon slowly pulled away from the kiss, she noticed Sooyeon’s tears streaming from her unseeing eyes. She carefully wiped them away before she pulled Sooyeon’s head to her chest, engulfing Sooyeon in her warmth. “I will keep you safe. I promised you that before and I will hold to it now.”

 

Moments passed as a blizzard struck them in the open. Taeyeon did her best to protect Sooyeon from the onslaught of snow and wind. The snow thickened around them as icicles formed in the surrounding trees and bushes. Taeyeon maintained her heat as she encased her beloved in her embrace.

 

A howl resounded from the distance, followed by a chorus of wolf calls. Taeyeon looked out into the distance, following the direction of the call. Her brows furrowed as her eyes flashed and turned blue. Her auburn hair morphed into golden tendrils from their roots to tips as she prepared for what might befall her and her fiancée in this snow storm.

 

Shadows of wolves took form from a few paces and Taeyeon wondered how they managed to overcome the overwhelming onslaught of cold winds. Her suspicions were answered when a pack of five wolves, whose torsos were made of translucent ice, came into her view. They were not ordinary wolves. They were ice wolves. Their eyes were of cold azure and their jaws were sharp icicles.

 

Taeyeon sat there, cradling Sooyeon as she watched the strange creatures circle warily around them, growling every now and then when Taeyeon meets their eyes. Taeyeon held a now sleeping Sooyeon with one arm against her body as she let her free right hand touch the cold earth. Fire spread from her hand, melting the icy ground, before it formed a ring around them, startling the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter