Six.

Vain
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I came back home around 10. Mark insisted on walking me home, but I told him I was going to be fine. I didn't want him to find out where I live and who I lived with. I felt horrible about what I did to BTS before, and I don't know how I would face them but they should at least understand why I was doing that. Mark's words were repeated in my head, I'm interested in you. Although it felt like he was doing it for show, I felt like he meant it. 

"Where have you been," I stopped in my track as I saw Jin waiting outside for me.

I smiled, "Jin-"

"I asked, where have you been," He had a cold tone. 

My smile instantly disappeared from his cold questioning, "Base," I answered, "Look, I'm sorry about-"

"Jaehye, I told you specifically to stay out of this," he said cutting me off, "I don't want you involve!" 

"Jungkook could be involve but I can't? Even when I'm older than him," I said as I scoff.

Jin sighed, "Look, I just don't want you to get hurt,"

"Same here. I don't any of you guys to get hurt also, but we're a team," I said as I stepped closer to him, "And we stick together," 

He turned away from me heartlessly, "No. I want to protect you,"

I bit my lips and grabbed onto his sleeve, "You are," I mumbled. I leaned my forehead onto his shoulder and we stood there in silence. Jin was the most forgiving person I knew. Well to me, he was. And he made me feel comfortable, warm. Something that Mark gave me earlier. 

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

"Mark, who's that girl?" Jaebum asked me as the crew and I sat up in the VIP room after everyone had left. 

"Jeon Jaehye," I answered, "She's my new girl,"

"New girl to play with?" laughed Jackson. 

"Who knows," I said, "She's seems different," 

"Ouuuu, Mark hyung is in love~" joked BamBam. The boys laughed and so did I. Was I? I don't know. She made me feel a spark inside of me though. A spark of hope and happiness that I couldn't just let it get away. 

When I arrived home, my 'dad' was sitting in the living room along with my mom and my step mom. I guess they were having a family meeting. It was something that I never attended or even bother to be part of. Actually, I was never part of this family to begin with. 

"Where have you been," my dad asked me. I stopped in my tracks and turned around to them from the stairs.

"I'm home," I said as I bowed. 

My dad sighed in annoyance, "Do you not teach your son any manners of coming home early. What kind of son have you raised when I specifically told you what to do. I am ashamed,"

"I'm sorry," said my mother. 

"And you, your son has been gone for years now! I am more disappointed in you for not trying to get him back at all! You two have failed me!" 

My step mother hung her head low. "I saw Seokjin today," I answered in her position. She immediately lit up and looked to me with pitiful eyes, "He's doing fine," I didn't hate her at all. The only person I hated was Dad. These two women had suffered under his condition in raising me and Seokjin up, but only to find out that it wasn't reached to his expectations. I didn't know what he wanted, neither did our mothers. 

"This Saturday, I expect to see both of you here at the dinner table," said my dad as he broke my thoughts.

"What?" I ask, stunned.

"You're the oldest, so I better see Seokjin here by Saturday evening. No excuses," and with that, he got up and left to his office without hearing me out. Why all of sudden this? My dad was a set of confusing answers and questions. Although I was a few months older than Seokjin, he always acted like the oldest one between us. We fought and played a lot when we were kids, but when we found out that one of us had to take over my dad's position in the future we became rivals. It was a painful memory that I hate to remember. Ever since he left, I felt lonely. I had no one to talk to, no one to argue with, and no one to play with. I must sound like an idiot or gay but Seokjin was my bestfriend; my brother and whenever we saw each other, anger overcame us both. Only spilling venom towards each other. I don't know why, but it was just like that. 

I threw my book bag on the floor as I headed to my closet for a change of clothes. I threw myself on my bed as I exhale my stress out. I don't even know if Seokjin would even listen to me when it came to talking about this family. 

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

"It's Friday! YES!" shouted Namjoon as we got out of school. The boys were always worked up on the weekends. Partying, girls, fights, etc. Too bad we don't have the Base no more. 

"Let's go to Base tonight," said Jungkook. The boys turned to him with a glare. "E-eh?" 

I laughed as I placed my arm around him, "Sure, let's go," I smiled. 

"Stop," said Yoongi as he held my shoulder from going, "Why did you disown us yesterday," 

"Yeah, Noona. That was kind of harsh of you," said Jungkook.

"I did it for you guys," I told them. They exchanged confus

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter