Eighteen.

Vain
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was midnight, and Jaehye still wasn't home. I was getting furious. I should be sleeping, especially in my drunk state, but I couldn't. Jungkook came home a while ago and told us about Hyeri and him being chased by some bastards from another school. I was too intoxicated to think about hunting those guys down. Since Jaehye wasn't getting home, I decided that I'll go look for her. I know perfectly where I would find her. I made my way wobbling to the front door and out.

"Ohmygod!" screamed a voice as I almost fell to the ground. The person let out a sigh of relief, "Oh my god, Jin what are you doing still up?" It was Jaehye. "It's.. whatever time it is, why are you out here?"

"Why?" I said. The image of her was blurry. My eye lids really wanted to close on me, but I forced them open. "Where have you been," I asked foolishly. "Where!?" I said as I point to her. The world was moving.. or was I moving? I was trying to balance everything but they were moving too quick. "Where have you been I ask!" I said as I shook her.

"Yah!" said Jaehye as she jerk my hands off. "What's wrong with you!"

"What's wrong with me? What's wrong with you!" 

"Have you-.. Have you been drinking?" she said. 

I let out a laugh, "Are you an idiot? Why would I be drinking on a school night,"

"Jin, what the-"

"You were with Mark huh," This time, her expression changed. "You were with him, why," I said as I held both her arms, "Why!" 

"Let go!" She tried to jerk me back off but it didn't work. I held onto her tightly. 

"Tell me, it's true isn't it. You were with him. With that jerk! Jaehye why! Why are you even with that jerk!?" I said as my grip got tighter. 

"Jin you're hurting me!" I didn't listen.

"I don't want to see you with that jerk! I don't want you to even smile or gaze at that jerk!" the more I spoke, the tighter my grip was, "Stay away from Mark. That jerk is bad news. Once a bad person, always a bad person. No, none of that even matters. All that matters is that I don't want to lose you to a jerk like that!"

"Jin..." she said. "Please... you're hurting me," It took me a while to finally let go of her. 

"Sorry," I said in a calmer tone, "I was-"

"Jin, it's alright," she said as she cupped my cheeks, "I'm alright. I'm the one that's sorry. I'm sorry for leaving and not telling you. I'm sorry I got you worried,"

At least she knew I was worried. I feel bad for hurting her. I didn't mean to; I just couldn't control myself. "Jaehye ah," I said. I rubbed my eyes so that the blurrness would run off, but it didn't. "Can we..." I said. "Can we..."

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 

3 am in the morning and I sat on the couch while Jin was sleeping with his head on my lap. He had asked me something, but I couldn't clearly hear him since he was mumbling. He then fell on me and knocked out. 

Mark, on the other hand, wouldn't let me go until he had fallen asleep. I insisted on him going home, but he didn't want to. He was laying on my lap just like how Jin is. Unfortunately, it took him a while to sleep. He did it on purpose so that I wouldn't be able to leave. 

"Let's not meet anymore," 

...They were my last words to him before heading back home. Half of me hoped that he didn't hear it,  the other half hoped that he did. I wasn't sure if he was sleepin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter