Thirtyfive.

Vain
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"I have to thank you for taking me out," said Sunmi as she took a sip of her drink. Getting away from her wasn't as easy as I thought. My dad had ordered someone to stick with us at all times. 

"Don't thank me, thank my father," I said sarcastically. I sighed and poked into my piece of meat on my plate. 

"You didn't want to come huh," 

"Of course not," I said without thinking. I sat up straight and looked to her. "I-I'm sorry, I-"

"It's alright," she said with a smile. She went back to her food, "Mark told me that you had a girlfriend," Mark did what? "I was trying to get Mark jealous of me by hanging out with you, but I guess it didn't work. Instead, he left to his girlfriend," she looked back at me, "You two brothers are so secretive," 

I didn't know what to say to her. She looked hurt. "I don't have a girlfriend," What the hell am I saying? "I mean," I cleared my throat, "I like someone. We've known each other for a long time. She was there when I was at my lowest, and she still is. She can be confusing most of the times, secretive, shady, and serious but she's still the girl that I had met before. She's strong and she cares for people. She puts herself last. I like her so much to the point where I would leave everything just for her, but she doesn't even show any affection towards me," I let out a small chuckle, "Sometimes I think to myself, is it even worth it in the end? Well, you just don't know until you try,"

"You just don't know until you try," repeated Sunmi. "But I don't want to try anymore. I don't-"

"Sunmi ssi, everything is not as easy as you think. You always have to give everything a try before giving up," I sound like a total right now. I really want her to win Mark. I needed Mark out of the picture. "Things can get ugly before it gets beautiful,"

"Seokjin ssi," 

I smiled, "We should get going. It's already late, and I need to get somewhere,"

"Y-Ye,"

She and I sat at the back as my driver drove us home. At the corner of my eyes, I could see her looking at me every now and then. I hope she wasn't mistakening me anywhere. I do not like her. 

When we arrived to her place, her parents, along with her sister, were sitting outside enjoying their dinner. Or finishing up as I see it. 

"Thanks for everything today," said Sunmi as I escorted her out of the car, "I'll like to do it again some times,"

"Uhhh..." I said, "Next time ask for Mark," I wasn't trying to sound mean, "I actually had to cancel some very important plans today because of you," I ended the sentence with a smile.

"O-Oh," she hung her head, "Sorry,"

"It's alright," I said. Before I could go back into the car, Sunmi instantly threw her hands over me. I was hoping none of her family members saw, but unfortunately they did. I heard mumbles from them. "Uh, Sunmi ssi,"

"I just needed a hug, that's all," she said. I pat her back, trying to not make things awkward. Once we backed away from each other, I said good night to her and watched her approach her family. They waved to me, and I waved back.

When I got in the car I cursed at myself, "Crap, now they're going to really hook the two of us together. This isn't good," I took out my phone and dailed Hoseok's number. "Hey, is Jaehye home,"

"No," answered Hoseok, "Jungkook said Jaehye wanted to be alone at Base,"

"Oh, alright then. Than-"

"And did you ask Mark to take them to visit their parents? Jungkook was dropped off by Mark,"

I sighed, "No. I did not. That jerk did it on his own. He was eavedropping on me,"

"I'm guessing this is your loss,"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter