Fiftyfour.

Vain
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was the burial day of the funeral. BTS couldn't help but turn away as Jungkook was settle down into the ground. Jaehye, on the other hand, stood and let tears stream down her cheeks. Yesterday she couldn't find herself to cry, but today she did... Because Jungkook will never be seen ever again. Mark was by her side as he helped her balance herself. Jin stood across from them with his hands in his pockets as Sunmi was beside him. Jungkook was slowly settled down... not just anywhere, but beside their parent's grave. Although Jaehye should be happy that Jungkook won't be alone, it pained her that she was going to be alone.

BTS, GOT7, Yunmi and Sunmi were all left behind as people departed from the cemetery. Jaehye stood before her parent's grave along with a fresh new one, Jungkook's. "Jungkook ah..." said Jaehye. She fell directly down to her knees and once again, cried, "Noona is sorry. I should've known better. I thought I was taking good care of you and protecting you well, but I wasn't. I'm sorry Jungkook! I'm sorry!" 

"Jaehye noona," said Taehyung as he fell beside her and cried on her shoulder. "Stop it! Please!"

"Noona! Stop blaming yourself!" cried Jimin as he also fell beside her. 

"You guys, come on," said Hoseok, "Stop crying.." he lifted Jaehye up to her feet as Namjoon and Yoongi helped Taehyung and Jimin to theirs. "Let's go home. We all need some rest and something in our system. I know it's going to be hard for the next few days, but let's all bare this together, alright?" Jaehye sighed and nodded as she wiped away her tears. "Let's go home,"

Jaehye stopped Hoseok from leading the way. She turned to Mark and Jin, "I have something to tell you guys." Everyone looked at her then to the brothers. Jaehye looked to Sunmi, "Can I borrow Jin for a moment," she asked. Sunmi glared at her but gave her permission since it wasn't going to be Jaehye and Jin alone. 

Jaehye walked along the trail way of the grave stones. Jin and Mark walked one row above her. Each of them were still in their suits and black hanbok. They all walked in silence, trying to enjoy the cool breeze with summer air. Then, Jaehye stopped making Jin bump into Mark as he stopped. Jaehye sighed and placed her hands behind her back before turning to them with a smile, "Let's hang out tomorrow," 

Mark and Jin exchanged looks, "Which one of us are you asking," said Mark. 

"The two of you," she answered. "Let's three hang out tomorrow,"

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

The next morning, Jaehye woke up earlier than usual. She couldn't find herself to sleep the night before, or sleep couldn't find her. Either way she kept looking at the empty spot that was once Jungkook's, and she couldn't stop thinking about him. Of course she cried. She hugged her knees together trying to keep the weeping down so that the boys wouldn't hear it from next door. 

"I need to look alive today," mumble Jaehye as she opened her closet. She noticed that she's never had any actual girl clothes. None. She was always wearing jeans, t-shirts, and jackets. She never wore a dress or skirt, except that one time with Mark. Jaehye literally gave up half way until she thought of an idea. "I'll just cut one of my pants into shorts," Doing so, she got out the scissors and a pair of jeans that she didn't really need anymore. Jaehye cut it at the length that she thought was good and rolled the bottom of it up. The shirt that she choose out was a brownish- plaid shirt along with a white tank top. She decided to let her hair fall down as she got irritated from debating whether or not to put it up or down.

"Done," said Jaehye as she checked herself in the mirror. "But I still look dead," she said as she touched her face. Make up was not her thing, but Jungkook had bought her some, or stole her some, a while back. He told her that make up was a girl thing and probably Jaehye should start being a girl for once. She laughed mentally to herself at the memory as she took out the eyeliner and foundation. "How the hell am I suppose to work with this," she chuckled. 

Jin and Mark had arrived to her place in Mark's car an hour before noon. "I'll go get her," said Jin. 

"No, I'll go," said Mark. 

Jin rolled his eyes, "We will both go," Agreeing to him, they both made their way up the cement stairs to the small house. Since Jin used to live there, he still had the key to the door. BTS panicked as they thought there was a thieft coming inside. They prepared their selves to jump whoever it was but wa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter