Twelve.

Vain
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The weekend had came quicker than I had expected. , never will I put my guards down ever again. Everything has been getting to me by surprise lately. First TaeJungNam getting jumped, the weird feelings with Mark and Jin, Mark and Jin being half brothers, and now today. I kept asking for the time from the boys; noon, 1 o'clock, 1:55, 2:27. Ugh, the only thing that was on my mind was tonight. I had to meet up with Mark at the cafe shop again by 4. I didn't want the boys to know where I was going, so I made an excuse of me not wanting to be around them when they're gone. Probably they figured I didn't want to deal with them because the whole week I didn't talk to them. All I did was avoid their conversations and looks, barely talked, locked myself in the room, and didn't even go to Base for the whole week either. I avoided Jin the most. He made me feel awkward, and insecure. 

I must've been there early. Actually I was. It was only 3:15. I decided to go down the stairs where Base was after greeting the Owner. I saw Wooyoung talking to someone when I was half way down. His back was to me as Wooyoung served him another drink of magarita. 

"Oh look, your girl is here," he smiled as he noticed me. I raised one of my eyebrow in confusion. 

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I ended up sleepy at the studio along with Youngjae last night. My parents were arguing like every other night. I didn't want to listen to their reckless disagreements so I left. When I arrived at the studio, Youngjae was putting up more pictures that he had took. Students studying, funny faces from students, teachers getting caught on dates... He was amazing. 

"Are you not going for the photography scholarship that's coming up?" I asked him. 

"Hmmmm, no. Why would I? I'm the next heir to S Entertainment, I can change it to a photography company once I inheirit it," I chuckled at him. Yes, we all have different dreams we want to achieve. Sometimes we even wished we were never born to whatever family we're born to now.... We can't even do whatever we want because of our family's reputation. "What are you doing here," he asked me. 

"Just... Crashing here for tonight," I said shrugging my shoulders as I pulled a chair to sit. I flipped through the magazines while we talked. 

"Mark, can I ask you something," 

"Yeah, what is it," 

"I know I'm in no place to being even saying, or asking, this, but are you sure you want to fight with your brother?" I stopped whatever I was doing. 

"A man got to do what he got to do," I smiled unsure smile. Honestly, I didn't want to fight Seokjin. I just wanted his attention. 

"You don't seem like you want to," I patted Youngjae on the back. 

"I'm alright dude," was all I said to him before heading over to the couch to "sleep." I was tired, but I wasn't sleepy. I rested my eyes and once I knew it, I had knocked out. 

I woke up the next morning hearing the boys talk. They were getting excited for whatever was going to happy tonight. I, on the other hand, had to find a way to leave Jaehye tonight. I didn't want to drag her along and have things happen to her. I told the boys that I'll meet them up at the place by 7. I said I had unfinished business at home, which was completely a lie to go to Jaehye. I know we made plans on seeing each other at 4, but I went to the cafe shop an hour early. I didn't want to think about anything else besides seeing her. 

Like always, Wooyoung was there wiping glass cups and cleaning his counter. He made me a strawberry and mango magarita, something that I do not like. He persuade me to drink it saying that Jaehye drinks it all the time. I don't know, but when it came to Jaehye, it made me weak. 

"Do you like her?" he asked me. 

"Jaehye?" I thought for a moment, "Yeah, I do," 

"You do know who she is right?" 

"Yeah, I do," I answered.

"You think you do, but you don't," he grinned. I was confused. What did he mean? There was a sudden movement. I heard footsteps coming down the stairs and Wooyoung looked up. "Oh look, your girl is here," I turned around to see Jaehye half way down the steps. 

"Hey," I said. 

"Oh... You're here," she said as if she wasn't expecting me. 

"Yeah, I kind of just got here," I answered. She looked... Frighten to see me... Why? She came over to me and settle down beside me. Now she felt more relaxed. I watched her as her shoulders fell down when she sighed.  

"Same thing as usual," she smiled to Wooyoung. He immediately prepare her drink. "Do you know what this drink is called?" said Jaehye when Wooyoung settled down her drink, "It's called Relaxation," she took a sip of her drink, "I take it when I'm thinking too much. It relaxes my mind," she took another sip. "I was the one who thought of the name with Wooyoung," she smiled to me. 

"Is there something bothering you?" I asked her. She looked sad, like the first time I saw her. She seemed... Bothered by something. What was it? 

"It's nothing," she said shaking her head, avoiding my eyes. "It's just some matter between me and my brother," Oh yeah, I totally forgot she had a brother. A younger brother right? "Honestly, I don't like what he's doing most of the time. He gets into fights, ditches school, and gets detention along with his friends. I hate that he's taking that life path. I'm trying so hard to protect him, but I'm not always there. I don't know what he's going to do next, or what's going to happen to him. We lost our parents at a very young age, and I just want to protect him," 

"I'm sure he's trying Jaehye," I said as I placed my hand on her back. I could tell she was holding in her tears. She was breathing heavily. "I'm sure he wants to protect you also," 

Wooyoung had left us by ourselves to get more liquor. Jaehye and I were playing darts up in the VIP room. As a pro, I was winning. Haha. I looked at her and realized her sadness was now gone. I could tell she gets over things easily and quickly. She's not the type to be upset over something for long. Jaehye made 5 as it

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter