The magic mirror

Snow White and the Five Genies

You were in your room, staring at the creepy mirror that you've got. "What's so special about this? It's a crap." You annoyingly said and threw it on your royal bed.

"Tss, that girl is really crazy." You sniggered, pertaining to your stepmom.

Then all of a sudden, the mirror emitted an iredescent light. You were surprised but not startled. Your mind was full of fantasies since you were a child, because your parents had already imparted the impossible things to you. 

"So is this the one that drives her crazy?" You lift it up and held it in front of you. A whirl of light was created inside, then a white mask was shown. 

"Wh-whoa." This time you were startled. "H-how come an ugly creature is here!" You dropped the mirror as the mask laughed inside.

"Princess, watch your mouth please. You got me and I'll help you." The mask replied.

"Y-you'll help me? Huh, do I look like a person who needs help? Besides, a mirror? You're insane like the Queen out there." You arrogantly stated.

"You wanna know why the Queen is crazy about me, right?" 

"Yeah, but now I know. It's not that worthy. I guess I'll just throw you." You drawled and rolled your eyes.

"Whoa, Princess you're being too harsh. Hey lift me up, I'll tell you what."

"Tell me what?! Tss..." You annoyingly asked, but you couldn't hide the fact that you were also curious so you boringly lifted the mirror up.

"Hey face me." The mirror ordered and you didn't like it.

"Yah, do you know who I am huh?!"

"Chill, okay? Hold me properly Princess Baegseol, I'm honored."

"Now what?!" You impatiently asked.

The mask was gone in front of you and became a simple mirror. You saw your beautiful face as if it was the most beautiful thing you've seen in the World. You never knew that you were this beautiful. You then fondled your rosy cheeks, down to your lips-- everything was perfect on your face.

Then all of a sudden the mask came back. 

"Whoa!" You were shocked of his appearance. "Yah, don't just come out like that! you know how ugly you are, right?!"

"Omo, Princess... your tounge is harsher than the Queen. But honestly, you're the most beautiful lady I've ever seen."

"I know, you don't have to say."

The mirror chuckled, "What you lack is the attitude." 

"That's none of your business." You threw him back on the bed as you sit beside it.

"Hey Princess, lift me up again, I've got to tell you something reagrding your life." 

"And who are you ordering again?!" Pissed off, you nudged it away and walked out of your room.

 

You knew very well how your attitude changed after the death of your Father. And you couldn't blame anyone for that so you started to hate the world, and your whole self. You hated yourself for being kind. Besides, your compassion to people was the reason why your Father died.

 

****

Two years ago, you and your friends in school hang out in an amusement park that was opened only for you and your three friends.

The whole amusement park was surrounded by your bodyguards for protection. But then when you saw two young men (almost had the same age as you) with no decent clothes and solemnly watching you outside, your heart softened.

You let them enter and played inside with you. At that time, you were still innocent of the thoughts of people. The two men asked you to go somewhere better than this place. You really had a lot of fun and you wanted to have more so you let your friends head home first.

It was not easy to sneak out of your guards of course, but the two men helped you with that. They discreetly shot them with a tranquilizer. You thought it was fun so you even tried it, without noticing that you, yourself was already shot by them.

And when you opened your eyes, you saw yourself in the dark. You were so scared and all you could do was to cry and call your father.

"Hey agasshi quit wailing there!" A man in black yelled as he entered from the light. You couldn't see his face because of the tears on your eyes. 

"Your Appa will come and save you later! If... he'll surrender." He wickedly laughed. "Oh I forgot, the King will save his Princess himself." He banged the door loudly as it echoed inside.

The people who kidnapped you weren't ordinary kidnappers. They had high-tech weapons and their members were many. They were a large group, in other words. But you didn't know that until you saw your father being dragged by them in front of you.

"Appa... Appa!" tears flowed unceasingly as they forced them to kneel down.

"We don't want your money! We want you dead!" The man in black shrieked as he kicked your father.

"Stop it! Stop please!!!" You cried but they just tortured your father more.

"Ottokee... Appaa..." You exhaustingly whispered, almost giving up.

"J-just let me, talk to my daughter..." Your father pleaded. You couldn't hear anything but the voice of your father.

The man kicked him toward you as your father tried to push himself up. "Appa, appa don't die." You wanted to hug him but both of your hands and feet were tied.

"Baegseol ah... remember that Appa loves you..." Blood gradually flowed out of his mouth but he still tried to speak, "at infinity and beyond."

"I know Appa, I love you too at infinity and beyond..." You cried as his head fell down on your lap.

"Your stepmom..." He whispered, but apparently lost breath before he could say another word.

"Appa..." You were so scared that he was dead that you called him many times but he didn't answer anymore.

The man pulled the back of his collar and dragged him away.

"Stop it! Please, he can't breath!" You begged, but they had no heart.

"Can't breath?! HE'S DEAD!"

You were so stunned. Everything went black around you. You couldn't see a thing. But you knew that a group of strong forces saved you. Only that they came late. It was magic. 

Up to now, you were thinking that it was so impossible to be saved in that kind of stuation. So the most unreasonable but reasonable thing for you was that -- it was done by magic...