The butler's confession

Snow White and the Five Genies

"Ottoke...??" You asked again and glanced up at your butler. He too, was nervous. But he was determined to protect you.

The men in hood started to attack as he pushed you away and dodged them. You were surprised by his moves since you had not seen him fight before. 

Then a man suddenly flew over you with a sharp knife. He gripped your arm as you shrieked in pain. He was about to stab you when your butler kicked him away. 

He immediately grabbed your hand and ran as fast as he could. But then he remembered that you couldn't, so he bent down and carried you (a bride-style). 

"Y-yah!" You yelled when a man kicked him from his back. 

Your butler maintained his balance so you wouldn't fall. He twisted and strongly kicked the man. Your head spinned around by his moves that you tighten your arms on him.

"Y-you're so fast." You whispered as he ran faster.

"It's the least that I can do for you, Princess..."  He thought and continued running till he lost the guards.

You stopped in a corner for a while, between the rails-- in the dump site.

"Are you alright?" He asked while panting as he brought you down.

You could see how exhausted he was so you got your handkerchief from your pocket and hand it to him.

"U-use it..." 

He stared at you and held it back. "Thank you, but I can't accept it Princess."

"And this time, I can see the old Princess I've served before."  He thought, still looking at you.

You couldn't stand the smell in the site so you just used your hankie to cover your nose.

Your butler smiled and said, "Do you want to transfer? My bad for going here." He was supposed to lift you up again but you halted him.

"It's alright, besides you're tired enough already."

"Whoa, she's concerned to me?"

"Princess... do you know my name?" He asked out of the blue. Your eyes widened, as you thought that you didn't even know his name.

You shook your head and glanced down.

"Then, can I not be your butler for a moment?"

"Eh?" You raised your head and confusingly stared at him.

"Can I be a bad guy for a while?"

Then without another word, he pushed his lips on you. You were so stunned that you couldn't even move a muscle. He fondled your face and covered your eyes by his cold fingers. 

"Appa... will you allow this? A butler being in love with a Princess? A-ani... a Princess being in love with a butler. ..You will, right? Even if he's not a Prince?"

You were scared that he would let go so you wrapped your arms on his shoulders as he fondled your hair. You forgot how rotten the site is; all you could feel is the fast heart beat colliding with him.

 

*****

 

You and your butler went in the airport without talking to each other. None of you opened up a conversation. But before you could leave, he held your hand and blankly stared at you.

You moved your eyes sideward and awkwardly asked, "Uhm... can I know your name?"

He chuckled, as both of you laughed. Just to think how embarassing it was to be together for four years without knowing his name.

He walked toward you and pulled you closer to him. His tight and warm hug almost faint you. "Choi YoonHo... that's my name, Princess." He whispered.

You hugged back and replied, "Baegseol is my name, not Princess."

"I know." He held you soft cheeks and kissed your forehead.

"I'll get you in the right time."

"When's that right time?"

"After my mission..."

Your eyes saddened as you just stared down and sighed with grief. 

"Yah, Princess Baegseol, be good to my brother... arasso?"

"And who are you ordering to huh?!" you pouted though you found it cute that he was the one ordering you.

"My Princess..."

Your heart softened and hugged him more. You hated to go now and wished that he could come with you.

"I don't want to go, o~p~p~a." You let go of the hug and looked at him to see his reaction. His face was red as he saw your face cheerfully laughing.

"OPPA?" He repeated as you nodded.

"Aish, this brat... go now!" 

You pouted and crossed your arms.

"Let's go." He said and held your arms.

"Let's go?!" You excitedly repeated, emphasizing the 'LET'S'.

"I'll bring you in the plane..." 

"Aiisshh..., I hate you!" you annoyingly shrieked.

"Well, I love you so go now."

 

In the end, you were still convinced to leave. Besides, what choice did you have? Everyone knew that you were cast out of the palace. Your maids were probably rejoicing right now. But that didn't matter to you. Because you know that your loyal butler would take care of everything.

 

"Appa... Umma... saraenghae. YoonHo oppa... saraenghae-- at infinity and beyond." You whispered with a smile as you looked at the view outside.